• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Bupe induction after small dose of methadone

Vic3s333

Greenlighter
Hey first time posting sorry for any mistakes actually posted something today but don’t think I did it right but yah been using for 6 months 2 grams a day of fentanyl to the past month of maybe a gram or half a gram use daily iv. The Past week definitely half gram days and I just started a new job and can’t screw this up so I got to try and and get back on my bupe so today I almost got to 24 hours but caved in and got dude that has garbage to front me but still felt sick after so I used 20 mg of methadone and I’m wondering I know I can get to the 24 hours tomorrow will such a small dose of methadone matter as long as I wait for the 24 hrs before I start to take my bupe. I know start off with very little was goin to take a little every 2hrs til I get to 4mg with the help of gabapetin and even grabbed Imodium after reading something about it but hopefully someone can help me out with there experience or opinion on this thanks

I've irresponsibly taken bupe five minutes after dosing other opiate related things in the past. Was totally fine.

I'm convinced some people don't go into precipitated withdrawal while others wait well above the recommended time period before induction and STILL experience PWD. I don't want to be responsible for anyone reading this and inducing themselves in a terrible situation though lol. When dealing with subs it's best to listen to one's body from previous experiences. Suboxone/subutex is a bit unpredictable at times unfortunately.

Methadone is VERY long lasting. I'd wait until you feel like you're dying and want to end yourself before taking it. Fentynal is a different story because it's short lasting.. unless you're a frequent user and in which case fentynal does reside within the body a taddd longer than normal.

Have you tried switching back to bupe after using fentanyl before? I went through a period of doing fent analogues whilst I was on bupe, as it was able to break through the blockade effect of 8mg. It was period of about 6 or 8 weeks, eventually every time I switched back, it took longer and longer before I could switch without getting some level of PWD. It reached the stage where it wasn't mild symptoms, it was major, crippling PWD that lasted a good 24 hours for the acute symptoms and 3 days for the after effects.At the end, even waiting 48 hours didn't help, in fact that one was the worst. It was also the last time I did it, I switched to methadone about 10 days after stopping both the fent and bupe.

Whilst I can't help you with the methadone to bupe switch, I think one of the big factors in getting PWD seems to be a combination of duration of use, dose and number of times you have switched from another opioid back to bupe. If you've had PWD symptoms in the past, chances are you'll get them again and worse than the previous time.

How long before you took the methadone did you last take fent? I think you should be OK if it was 48 hours since you last took the fent and at least 24 hours since you took the methadone, since it was only 1 dose and a relatively small dose at that. Take 2mg first, wait an hour or 2 then take more if you don't get bad symptoms

Have a quick read here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5976217/

It's a study on transferring people to bupe from a range of methadone doses. None of the patients on low dose methadone, which is under 30mg, experienced PWD. They were taking methadone everyday, maining their blood levels are much higher than if they only took a single dose like you did. I'd be more concerned with the fentanyl TBH. Whilst it has a short half life, it takes much longer to be eliminated from the body with chronic use.

Have you tried switching back to bupe after using fentanyl before? I went through a period of doing fent analogues whilst I was on bupe, as it was able to break through the blockade effect of 8mg. It was period of about 6 or 8 weeks, eventually every time I switched back, it took longer and longer before I could switch without getting some level of PWD. It reached the stage where it wasn't mild symptoms, it was major, crippling PWD that lasted a good 24 hours for the acute symptoms and 3 days for the after effects.At the end, even waiting 48 hours didn't help, in fact that one was the worst. It was also the last time I did it, I switched to methadone about 10 days after stopping both the fent and bupe.

Whilst I can't help you with the methadone to bupe switch, I think one of the big factors in getting PWD seems to be a combination of duration of use, dose and number of times you have switched from another opioid back to bupe. If you've had PWD symptoms in the past, chances are you'll get them again and worse than the previous time.

How long before you took the methadone did you last take fent? I think you should be OK if it was 48 hours since you last took the fent and at least 24 hours since you took the methadone, since it was only 1 dose and a relatively small dose at that. Take 2mg first, wait an hour or 2 then take more if you don't get bad symptoms

It's a study on transferring people to bupe from a range of methadone doses. None of the patients on low dose methadone, which is under 30mg, experienced PWD. They were taking methadone everyday, maining their blood levels are much higher than if they only took a single dose like you did. I'd be more concerned with the fentanyl TBH. Whilst it has a short half life, it takes much longer to be eliminated from the body with chronic use.

Fent withdrawal is so soul-crippling that bupe is pretty much the only way to deal with it. The depression makes living unbearable lol.

Out of curiosity--is only fentynal the one substance able to break past the bupe barrier? Are the effects mitigated from the bupe? I'm curious as to why fentynal is able to bypass nalaxone.

I've irresponsibly taken bupe five minutes after dosing other opiate related things in the past. Was totally fine.

I'm convinced some people don't go into precipitated withdrawal while others wait well above the recommended time period before induction and STILL experience PWD. I don't want to be responsible for anyone reading this and inducing themselves in a terrible situation though lol. When dealing with subs it's best to listen to one's body from previous experiences. Suboxone/subutex is a bit unpredictable at times unfortunately.

Methadone is VERY long lasting. I'd wait until you feel like you're dying and want to end yourself before taking it. Fentynal is a different story because it's short lasting.. unless you're a frequent user and in which case fentynal does reside within the body a taddd longer than normal.

Usually am a frequent user but over this past week I got myself down to using once in the day. The past few day I’ve been trying not to use. Last night I used a gram of garbage fentanyl and cause I still felt like shit so I took the two 10mg methadone pills I had. I was just an hour away from 24 hours and I got all nervous and got dude to come out and front me pissed at myself but I got to get to that 24 mark today and try taking this bupe.

My last use of fentanyl was last night at 9pm and it was garbage I still felt sick so I took the 20mg of methadone I had. I was almost at 24 hours last night and I used. I been trying to kick since Thursday so Thursday I got high at 12pm didn’t use all day then by the night I felt like shit again I took 20mg of methadone and the only reason I’m taking the methadone is to get past the 24hrs so I can try and take my subs again. So I wake up Friday take 30mg of methadone and don’t use all day til the end of the night and I used about half a gram of fentanyl wake up Saturday yesterday and don’t do nothing and get til 23hrs and I got crazy nervous so I tried copping and was successful but it was trash so I took the last 20mg of methadone cause I still felt like shit and used last night around the same time 9pm. Last time I tried to introduce bupe after having a fentanyl habit was like 3 years ago and I’d get to 15hr and I’ve gotten precipitated withdrawals but that was coming off a bad habit idk this past week and few day I’ve used once as opposed to using all day so I’m hoping I’m in the clear cause I got a new job and can’t fuk it up and if I was just there on Friday and felt like shit working so now I got feel like shit for the next few days but I need at least my bupe in me while I’m working or I will say fuk it and lose the job