• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buddhist Meditation, though hard work, surpasses any drugs.

Now that im clean but still experiencing paws i would really like to get started with meditation.
Anyone have any links for beginners? To be honest i thought this was bs and only drugs could help. The addict brain has a way of tricking you that nothing will work besides drugs

What happened in this case, 23. October 2018 in Vienna, was the woman sitting in a lotus position on the floor and a light bulb rolled about 10 cm and fell off the desk, a pencil rolled back and forth three times about 10 cm, and the speakerphone button on a telephone, I think made by AEG and I have no idea of a model number, turning on and off once and the dial tone ceasing a moment before the turning off of the switch hung up the telephone.

The weird thing is that science as instute is so powerfull at narrowing the human view. That it is actually making me disbelieve events I witnessed. Probably they haven't got a clue about a lot of things we used to know.

Like the one described above. But instead of a lightbulb the object that all of a sudden moved was a nrg-drink can lighter. Filled up so quite a weight which started rolling on my table and launched it self from the table with an energy that seemed unexplainable by any kinetic momevent. It jumped of the table with a curve up before dropping down. We did a number of trials to react this on purpose and it needed vigorous force and never got it like the incedent.

Annecdotically that night to heavy 1.5 m high cupboard's with an like wise one on top, seperated 10cm +. These were not easy to handle empty let alone loaded with shit and book's. It took me quite an effort to manually put em back together.

Weird shit.

Now that im clean but still experiencing paws i would really like to get started with meditation.
Anyone have any links for beginners? To be honest i thought this was bs and only drugs could help. The addict brain has a way of tricking you that nothing will work besides drugs
Meditation, is always a plus. Sober or intoxicated?

But most people that have used drugs will reckognize the potential of meditation. But that is my personal guess, but the search for alteration could be channeled into a productive way when one finds it lead's to better result's in the long run. You should check what is your preference? Solo, like an autodidact. Or guided by a teacher or even in a group. They all valid options. Bhuddis't offer free meditation on site so if finance is a thing check for free session's in that case. They are there it should be theoretically almost free off charge. Any mayor figure should be a red flag for goldigging fanatic's that try to cash in on the hype.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tibetan_Book_of_Living_and_Dying

In the book is a good explenation on how to practice meditation. But my book is lost atm. It not like a bible btw. Sogyal did a very coherent story based upon the original 'Tibetian book of Death' with new some recent developments.

And I am not even meditating myself and preaching it like gospell to other's?

Last edited:
You use psychedelic drugs to meditate.
Psychedelic's and meditation don't cancel each other out.

There seems to be no harm invlolved combining the two but I would desperately advise you to do em seperate before experimenting ;) with combo's. Just to be on the safe site, you might light/ lite up.

Psychedelic's and meditation don't cancel each other out.

There seems to be no harm invlolved combining the two but I would desperately advise you to do em seperate before experimenting ;) with combo's. Just to be on the safe site, you might light/ lite up.

Me? I do neither lol.

No psychedelic's, how comes?

Or are you saying you just won't become any lighter?

No, I was referring to OP when I said that, meaning if s/he was taking psychedelics and then experiencing hallucinations/visions etc from meditating, it was obviously due to the drugs,
I don't take psychedelics because I think I would find the experience very unpleasant. I used "spice" once and OD'd and seizured but unlike normal seizures where it's like when you sleep without dreams I experienced something like astral projection (if I were religious I'd say I briefly died and went to hell briefly). I was me but I had no physical form and I was in deep, black space and I had this overwhelming knowledge that I was the only thing that existed in the Universe (being alone scares me a lot) and that nothing was ever going to be okay ever again. This was accompanied by feelings of extreme dread and anxiety. It was really traumatic and one of the worst experiences of my life.
I never ever want to risk anything like that happening again and psychedelics could do just that. I also never take hallucinogens because I can't imagine it being anything but distressing.

No, I was referring to OP when I said that, meaning if s/he was taking psychedelics and then experiencing hallucinations/visions etc from meditating, it was obviously due to the drugs,
I don't take psychedelics because I think I would find the experience very unpleasant. I used "spice" once and OD'd and seizured but unlike normal seizures where it's like when you sleep without dreams I experienced something like astral projection (if I were religious I'd say I briefly died and went to hell briefly). I was me but I had no physical form and I was in deep, black space and I had this overwhelming knowledge that I was the only thing that existed in the Universe (being alone scares me a lot) and that nothing was ever going to be okay ever again. This was accompanied by feelings of extreme dread and anxiety. It was really traumatic and one of the worst experiences of my life.
I never ever want to risk anything like that happening again and psychedelics could do just that. I also never take hallucinogens because I can't imagine it being anything but distressing.
Been in a certain same situation with not the original 'spice" but a UK style strenght re-edition. An equal sized ammount of what I would take from a super strong weed and divided by three. To be on the save side.

In presence of my still alive granny undergoing a serious case of disappearel of bodily functions. Luckily the synthenoid had no apparent effect on my brain. So I could reason myself out of a 911 or 112 in my case situation. But it was defenitly an embarrasing episode in my live with synthetic cannabinoid mimetic's.

And I would never compare the effects of THC/ Weed and especially the synthetics to true serotenergic substance's like LSD and such.

Although I can totally understand the choice of not taking them for the reason you mentioned.

A psychedelic, stimulant or something similar which leads to increased focus, like a counter-ADHD effect, must be able to work, and maybe quite well, with meditation Drugs of various types which cause the mind to race and thoughts to scatter would have the opposite effect,

psychedelics are avatars of god in chemical form. 5-meo-dmt will enlighten you straight away on the true nature of everything while meditation might take you 50 years

Meditation, is always a plus. Sober or intoxicated?

But most people that have used drugs will reckognize the potential of meditation. But that is my personal guess, but the search for alteration could be channeled into a productive way when one finds it lead's to better result's in the long run. You should check what is your preference? Solo, like an autodidact. Or guided by a teacher or even in a group. They all valid options. Bhuddis't offer free meditation on site so if finance is a thing check for free session's in that case. They are there it should be theoretically almost free off charge. Any mayor figure should be a red flag for goldigging fanatic's that try to cash in on the hype.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tibetan_Book_of_Living_and_Dying

In the book is a good explenation on how to practice meditation. But my book is lost atm. It not like a bible btw. Sogyal did a very coherent story based upon the original 'Tibetian book of Death' with new some recent developments.

And I am not even meditating myself and preaching it like gospell to other's?

Thank you. Im happily sober , my doctor recommended a group for meditation but i don't feel comfortable relaxing around strangers so i will try it alone

Thank you. Im happily sober , my doctor recommended a group for meditation but i don't feel comfortable relaxing around strangers so i will try it alone
What in my head seemed clear. Explain some more about the intensity of that one session. I visited a few before but as I recall it was actually the last one. The girl doing it, she was Bhudist, died soon after through complications after a emergency operation. Sad.

The particular time there were even more people as the usual 7 to 9 maybe it was a special occassion?
That it was that particular crowded one with out loud chanting. Not my two best field's, but I was there and made the best of it and broke through. It still puzzles me seeing the circumstance's. But it seems to be a common feature as it was in 'the book' I read a description quite matching.

But while looking for the text of Sogyal Rinpoche. A whole drama turned up, a scandal. So with the www at your disposal finding info is a skill most of off are capable of. The men in question needs some investigating before I direct any one to a book of him.

Last edited:
A quote on the ordeal and just remember I am halfway the book how can I read this without thinking about this shit. Ghosie's, how full of it can you be, not even mentioning the accusation's running . Sorry Lucy you got tangled up but I wish you the best meditating. This is on 'the Tibetian book of living and dying"

"But quite how much Sogyal himself had to do with it is debatable; according to those close to the project, most of the work was done by ghost-writers - Sogyal’s closest student, and now his right-hand man, Patrick Gaffney, and the author Andrew Harvey."

I have deeply interested in meditation and actively do, yet the schizo CEVs I have when I close my eyes can be VERY distracting.

Sufis and Christian and Jewish mystics also have practises which can help, then there is the TM crowd too. Meditation takes care of about 85 per cent of my muscle spasm and I think it must make the nerve pain more susceptible to acupuncture and other things like that, and I have personally witnessed a yoga expert move objects on a desktop from four metres away, which would be a useful skill for any chronic pain patient, but consider the body makes endorphins but not always enough of them -- I consider morphine and so forth to be vitamins and when one gets to decades of use of narcotics, I don't think it is ever possible to return to the pre-injury/disease baseline and the attempt would be cataclysmic and make the depression which bedevils far too many of our fellow humans look like a walk in the park, and even more misunderstood. That is if one does not have a heart attack, stroke of apoplexy, pulmonary embolism, or pancreas failure during the acute withdrawal. Then there is always the awful spectre of Selbstvernichtung . . .

After 30, 50, 65, 100 years on narcotics, when every single cell in the body has replaced itself at least ten times, I am not sure just what the body would have to do to get back to the standard operating procedure when we were born and the brain finished developing 25 years later. I'll combine the meditation, holotropic breathing, the Big M and relatives and everything else and hopefully live to well over 100 as did two of my grandparents in similar circumstances, and the elderly American lady I knew who was put on smack, then morphine for Potts Disease inter alia six years before the Harrison Narcotic Act 1914 and lived to see Barack Obama take the oath of office in 2009. To this day, there are still Germans and Austrians still alive who have been on the Big M and its relatives since before the Opiumgesetz 1929 and Suchtgiftverordnung 1931.

Then benzodiazepines are another kettle of fish - they could have the same effect if there was never a supply interruption and tolerance did not get out of hand, but their low toxicity gives some wiggle room there.
I found this post extremely interesting.

I believe you can get to baseline even after decades of narcotics. with rhe right meditations, diet, exercise, and mentorship. Ibogaine forsure. Id venture to say it would still take a year minimum though if not more.

ive been on opioids for 10 years and still dream that I will be off them and be perfectly able bodied and happy too!!!

it absolutely is better.

Whether it is better or not is irrelevant. I don't believe there is any benefit to using hallucinogens. Anything you put into your body should either help your or enhance your own reality, not detach you from it. I think meditation is just as ridiculous but at least with that there is no forceful detachment - it's all in your head, unlike the effects of something like LSD.

psychedelics are avatars of god in chemical form. 5-meo-dmt will enlighten you straight away on the true nature of everything while meditation might take you 50 years
Ah Ah, no no. A single session can be enough anybody can meditate its not something you have to learn. Its something left out of our upbringing!

Its just an ability we don't use that much. I mean every body meditate's during a shit, as example. Not everyone shits like a monk but we should. So Take the shit out and go lotus position. Mouth slightly open with your tongue so the airway through the mouth is open ( so Chi or Prana can flow free they say). Close eyes then open them and focus without looking cross-eyed to the spot in the middle right above the center point of your eyes. (some see a dot there some don't, I wouldn't bother wither its there or not it doesn't matter)

And then enter a mantra of choice, or none. Which will probably have you concentrating on your breathing through your lower abdominal. In and out.

"Ohm Mani Pad Me hum eh Gheee"

You can also do this sitting on a chair.

Last edited: