• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Buddhist Meditation, though hard work, surpasses any drugs.

Vajraman

Greenlighter
I can assure anyone that the states of deep inner stillness and “joy for no reason” other than just being present in the moment; far, far surpassed any of the LSD, Peyote, Mushrooms, Mescaline I did in the 70’s and 80’s. The particular practice is called shamatha-vipassana (calming-insight) meditation practiced by Buddhists since the times of the historical Buddha, up to the present day; and mantra chanting meditation. Buddha Nature, within all animate and inanimate beings and “objects” is the Ultimate Buzz. It’s free, but requires serious discipline. Yes taking an external drug is easier, but as the “Hippie from Harvard (Psychiatrist Dr. Richard Albert aka Ram Dass) once said “Drugs can take you to the feet of Jesus, but the won’t leave you there”. Still true today. Plus, it’s free. Get ready for a one hell of ride though. They don’t call it The Warriors Path for nothing.

While I completely agree with the fact that meditation has serious benefits and potential, for drug users it is incredibly difficult to reach these heightened states of mind. Many of us struggle with quieting the mind, and that's the main reason we use drugs anyways, to shut off that little voice of pester. I hope someday I am able to master meditation, but as of right now I simply am unable to allow myself to do so, even falling asleep for me is an uphill battle.

"surpasses any drugs"

Remember the subjectivity of each persons experiences, and reasons for ingesting drugs in the first place

Drugs and meditation are two totally different things, and they aren't interchangeable, unless your reasons for doing drugs and your reasons for meditating are the same

Sufis and Christian and Jewish mystics also have practises which can help, then there is the TM crowd too. Meditation takes care of about 85 per cent of my muscle spasm and I think it must make the nerve pain more susceptible to acupuncture and other things like that, and I have personally witnessed a yoga expert move objects on a desktop from four metres away, which would be a useful skill for any chronic pain patient, but consider the body makes endorphins but not always enough of them -- I consider morphine and so forth to be vitamins and when one gets to decades of use of narcotics, I don't think it is ever possible to return to the pre-injury/disease baseline and the attempt would be cataclysmic and make the depression which bedevils far too many of our fellow humans look like a walk in the park, and even more misunderstood. That is if one does not have a heart attack, stroke of apoplexy, pulmonary embolism, or pancreas failure during the acute withdrawal. Then there is always the awful spectre of Selbstvernichtung . . .

After 30, 50, 65, 100 years on narcotics, when every single cell in the body has replaced itself at least ten times, I am not sure just what the body would have to do to get back to the standard operating procedure when we were born and the brain finished developing 25 years later. I'll combine the meditation, holotropic breathing, the Big M and relatives and everything else and hopefully live to well over 100 as did two of my grandparents in similar circumstances, and the elderly American lady I knew who was put on smack, then morphine for Potts Disease inter alia six years before the Harrison Narcotic Act 1914 and lived to see Barack Obama take the oath of office in 2009. To this day, there are still Germans and Austrians still alive who have been on the Big M and its relatives since before the Opiumgesetz 1929 and Suchtgiftverordnung 1931.

Then benzodiazepines are another kettle of fish - they could have the same effect if there was never a supply interruption and tolerance did not get out of hand, but their low toxicity gives some wiggle room there.

Last edited:
After some seperate Bhoedist meditation's and finally reaching that state you mention. The one you are supposed to reach probably. Nobody gave me any feedback afterwards when we did a circle reflecting on the session.

But it involved chanting "Omani Padme hum a gee" and resulted in the world disappearing. Bhoedist's meditate eyes open, not wide, but open. Breathing through the nose but with a drool face I assume. Mouth slightly opened, the drooling stop's btw when you face is like that for a while.

It involved a chain with beads I remember, important in the trip meditation that followed. After each one you move a bead. I was sober for the record.

As the world disolved our voices, it was quite a group of people, seemed to become loose from the person that chanted. In a vision, my eyes were open all the time, there were these sphere's that like planet's made orbit's all the different voices circled round also. And I swear I was disconnected from my own voice at that point. I never felt like the person that was sitting and singing. I was a sphere going round enjoying it all.

The chain with the beads. Which is also used in aother religion's, was very symbolistic I thought to myself afterward's.

The comedown was not as harse as of most chemical induced state's. But it did feel like a experience that not only made an big impact on me but had me confused and worn out afterward's.

Could be that the lack of feedback was part of it?

After some seperate Bhoedist meditation's and finally reaching that state you mention. The one you are supposed to reach probably. Nobody gave me any feedback afterwards when we did a circle reflecting on the session.

But it involved chanting "Omani Padme hum a gee" and resulted in the world disappearing.

Is that a somewhat standard mantra for that exercise, or is it an individual/small group customised one like in Transcendental Meditation?

Bhoedist's meditate eyes open, not wide, but open. Breathing through the nose but with a drool face I assume. Mouth slightly opened, the drooling stop's btw when you face is like that for a while.

It involved a chain with beads I remember, important in the trip meditation that followed. After each one you move a bead. I was sober for the record.

As the world disolved our voices, it was quite a group of people, seemed to become loose from the person that chanted. In a vision, my eyes were open all the time, there were these sphere's that like planet's made orbit's all the different voices circled round also. And I swear I was disconnected from my own voice at that point. I never felt like the person that was sitting and singing. I was a sphere going round enjoying it all.

The chain with the beads. Which is also used in aother religion's, was very symbolistic I thought to myself afterward's.

The comedown was not as harse as of most chemical induced state's. But it did feel like a experience that not only made an big impact on me but had me confused and worn out afterward's.

Could be that the lack of feedback was part of it?

That might be the case; it certainly seems plausible and to cover all of the evidence.

I notice that after very deep meditation for a prolonged period, the meditation method being sort of a Swedenborgian tweak of TM, I can have what feels exactly like a barbiturate hangover and can fall asleep within five minutes or so, especially if something interrupted me rather than allowing consciousness to spontaneously bob back to the surface which is what usually happens.

Ehm you take some oxycodone and smoke crack at the same time an get back to me about this Buddhist meditation mumbo jumbo

Is that a somewhat standard mantra for that exercise, or is it an individual/small group customised one like in Transcendental Meditation?
It is the official mantra of compassion and love. Didn't make it up check yourself if inclined. Only reason I knew it on forhand, it was featured in a comic called 'Jonathan' I read as kid with the title 'Bearfoot under the Rhodendendron's' and the 2nd part that came after by Cosey. He had written the mantra as is but not how it was pronounced with the extra 'n gee'.

This is what I found, the 'Gee' on the end has some to do with pronounciation I guess as it isn't mentioned anywhere. The one leading the session said it is not written in the mantra but has to do with the fonetics (how you speak it out)

I wrote it out in fonetics btw but this is what it is supposed to do.

• The syllable ”Om” is the vibration or „sound” of the universe. This primordial ancient sound is the most sacred of all, but in the context of chanting mantras, it is meant to establish generosity and destroy attachments to the ego.
  • The syllable ”Ma” removes the attachment to enviousness and establishes ethics.
  • The syllable” Ni” removes the attachment to desire and establishes humility.
  • The syllable ”Pad” removes the attachment to prejudice and establishes perseverance.
  • The syllable ”Me” removes the attachment to possessiveness and establishes a deeper concentration.
  • The syllable ”Hum” removes the attachment to hatred and establishes wisdom.
The universe seems to have a frequency, 432Hz if anyone ask's theirselves 'does the universe have a sound'.
But this quote seems to fit it entirely, the essence of what the syllable's do.

„Through mantra, we no longer clasp to the reality of the speech and sound experienced in life but experience it as actually empty. Then confusion of the speech aspect of our being is metamorphosed into enlightened awareness.” – Kalu Rinpoche’s quote.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I notice that after very deep meditation for a prolonged period, the meditation method being sort of a Swedenborgian tweak of TM, I can have what feels exactly like a barbiturate hangover and can fall asleep within five minutes or so, especially if something interrupted me rather than allowing consciousness to spontaneously bob back to the surface which is what usually happens.

What set up you use?

The bhuddist's swear by being aware during the whole meditation as much as possible. Your eye's are opened but your looking at the spot in the middle right above the center, without going crosseyed. That was a real challenge almost impossible to do, but with some practice it can be done.

Some people see this 'Third Eye', which could be a leftover from DNA that lead's to formation of a very usefull organ in fish, if I am correct?
But I have only seen it on rare occassion while being high staring at the star's.

The half opened mouth is not without reason either. Your tongue will be in a certain position that it will open the back of your troath slighly. Another tough cookie. In order too assist Chi flow, the main breathing going through the nose. But enabling air to come and go through the mouth like a soft breeze, my own interpretation that part.

That som's it up but it been a while, but left some lasting effects on the way I perceive the world.

and I have personally witnessed a yoga expert move objects on a desktop from four metres away, which would be a useful skill for any chronic pain patient,
Please elaborate on this, I am keen looking for this kinda shit and it never happens. Except on youtube or in book's like the Tibetan of living and dying. The book describe's equally unusual things, unusual from the perspective of the unknowningly like me.

What set up you use?

The bhuddist's swear by being aware during the whole meditation as much as possible. Your eye's are opened but your looking at the spot in the middle right above the center, without going crosseyed. That was a real challenge almost impossible to do, but with some practice it can be done.

Some people see this 'Third Eye', which could be a leftover from DNA that lead's to formation of a very usefull organ in fish, if I am correct?
But I have only seen it on rare occassion while being high staring at the star's.

The half opened mouth is not without reason either. Your tongue will be in a certain position that it will open the back of your troath slighly. Another tough cookie. In order too assist Chi flow, the main breathing going through the nose. But enabling air to come and go through the mouth like a soft breeze, my own interpretation that part.

That som's it up but it been a while, but left some lasting effects on the way I perceive the world.

There has been speculation that the pineal gland could be the third eye too, I think.

What I do is there are breathing exercises which calm one down and also raise or lower the pH and carbon dioxide and oxygen content of the blood which lead to altered consciousness, and some DMT enthusiasts are teaching me some new holotropic breathing techniques that they use to get where they want to go without drugs. It was a philosophy professor, a Jesuit priest, Croatian Byzantine Catholic nun, a Qabbalist computer programmer and a Reconstructionist Jewish rabbi who taught me the different exercises earlier. In my case with chronic pain, it does help to have the narcotic effect of morphine and the like calming any pain which might interrupt the exercises and meditation, but I also find that depressants and stimulants and catabolic steroids like dexamethasone can be disruptive enough to make the attempt fail.

The aftereffects are euphoria and a good kind of tiredness usually. The relaxation of both the skeletal and the smooth muscles of the GI tract for example are very noticeable too. The quietening of the mind also makes it possible for me to rearrange memories of the day's events and the surroundings well enough that I have been able to locate lost objects usually for myself, but also in the case of other folks who put things somewhere and do not remember doing it. For some reason I have also become better at doing maths problems in my head, and the really unusual thing was that I went from the kind of standard ear that most people have when it comes to music and sound to suddenly getting perfect pitch and being able to describe the frequency of sounds to within a couple of Hertz and the general power spectrum of a noise.

I learned Transcendental Meditation about 40 years ago and tend now to do it with listening to my heartbeat and breathing rather than use a mantra all the time. I can do it in different depths and it helps with muscle tension, any kind of stress, and other things. I will either sit in a chair, lay on a bed, or sometimes sit on the floor in one of a few different positions, start a couple of electric fans or other devices that provide white noise, then put in some earplugs rated at 36 decibels so all I hear is a very faint white noise, The visualisation exercise of putting the body to sleep one piece at a time starting with the little toe can reduce pain quite a bit if I am lucky, and I have someone teaching me self-hypnosis to do essentially the same thing. There are also techniques which I learned from nurses and Bektashi Sufis which can also help a lot of things and alter conscience when needed.

The room is pitch black and I can see colour and black and white moving patterns and eigengrau and so forth as my eyes adjust to the dark over minutes to hours. I have also tried meditating with my eyes open either in the dark or low light, and I have been able to meditate successfully standing up leaning against the wall too. I think the patterns actually have a physiological basis in the eye and optic nerve and are not Closed Eye Visuals, which I only really ever experience with ketamine, which simply doesn't have the duration of action to try to used with meditation.

The whole session can range from a little relaxation at the end of the day to spiritual seeking to a full-blown Ganzfeld experiment on any given day. I have built a biofeedback apparatus which has sensors feeding into a data logger which feeds the data to programmes on HP, Casio, and Texas Instruments programmable calculators or a portable computer like the HP Jornada 690, all of which I can connect to a PC and move the data into programmes I have written on there in Perl, Rexx, C, assembly language, Excel VBA, Fortran and so forth. I recently put together a cap with EEG sensors I can connect into it which I sometimes use. Aside from general interest and marking progress, the biological data helps me figure out how to steer visualisation sessions which I can use to reduce nerve pain such as in my sciatic nerve and others in the area.

There are folks I know who are in things like the Ordo Templi Orientis and similar projects and groups who have interesting suggestions of some things to add to all this which would have practical usefulness; the places in which to fit them with my current regimen are slowly becoming apparent.

I have learned different yoga techniques over the years and have started learning Kundalini yoga now. Also my first sessions in a sensory isolation tank the past few months have showed promise too.

The basis from which I come to it all is the scientific knowledge about biofeedback and so forth and come from the Charismatic (Pentacostal-type) faction of the Roman Catholic Church and found answers to questions they don't even ask in Hinduism and traditional West African religions . . . I have started studying Buddhism relatively recently, and the explanation of the mantra in your post above is exactly the kind of thing I am wanting to get more informed about.

The most recent development is that sometimes rather than bobbing back to wakefulness after the deepest part of the meditation, drifting which seems like it could be the basis of an impending Out of Body Experience is a result I have been having, and it seems there are a number of possible explanations.

Last edited:
Please elaborate on this, I am keen looking for this kinda shit and it never happens. Except on youtube or in book's like the Tibetan of living and dying. The book describe's equally unusual things, unusual from the perspective of the unknowningly like me.

What happened in this case, 23. October 2018 in Vienna, was the woman sitting in a lotus position on the floor and a light bulb rolled about 10 cm and fell off the desk, a pencil rolled back and forth three times about 10 cm, and the speakerphone button on a telephone, I think made by AEG and I have no idea of a model number, turning on and off once and the dial tone ceasing a moment before the turning off of the switch hung up the telephone. After the end of the yoga session, she explained that she can cohere the energy fairly well now, but it is still like trying to steer a hot air balloon and this, like maybe 128 or 135 other things she referred to as siddhis, can be refined, but people can also get distracted by them and slow their progress towards the ultimate goals of yoga, and it is not unheard of for people to become very distracted, and the high intensity of subtle energies used and controlled by this form of yoga to have deleterious effects of all sorts if focus and discipline are lost. Her area of expertise academically and personally and through her family upbringing were both Tibetan Buddhism and Confucian philosophy, and she is very well versed in Hindu and Abrahamic and Zoroastrian traditions and some western occult traditions as well.

She shares my theory that clairvoyance could, for the most part, be wholly mundane, i.e. not praeternatural or supernatural at all and is paranormal only in the respect that mainstream science has not explained it, and with what is known about mind-body interaction, quantum mechanics, open systems theory and other things, it could be that science can explain it but does not want to for essentially political reasons. Which I find a compelling possibility -- what I find silly and irritating some times is that people who claim to stick to scientific method and that alone will readily say that someone they have never met hoaxed or hallucinated or misapprehended something like their grandmother's face appearing at the end of the bed minutes before she died because they are so certain of what they think they know. It also is a horrible way to treat fellow human beings. That is not scepticism. It is pseudo-scepticism and it has as its sources, inter alia, fear, repressed guilt, misanthropy, general disrespect, and egotism. See, it is not really scepticism if ones mind is made up beforehand.

Science has done a great job so far on what they have put their mind to, but it is incomplete just like every other human endeavour -- most people have heard about such things as dark energy, dark matter, the fact that gravitation is not completely explained at all, nor the source of the charges of electrons and protons, or the fact that it appears that relativity, quantum mechanics, classical electrodynamics, vorticular physics and maybe other conceptions are all part of a highly unified physics that they haven't completely hashed out yet . . . a little humility never hurt anyone. "I honestly don't know" is actually a pretty wise thing to say if it is the case -- it was good enough for Socrates . . . sometimes we have to raise our hand and say "um, no, you don't know, and neither do I"

Something I read recently was the Kanjur, the 108-volume Tibetan sacred writings, actually have speculations about gravity and electromagnetism in them, though I am sure the terms are different.

Throughout history there have been people who were able to get very quick glimpses of the past, future, or remote locations after meditating, other such things, and even fucking sessions of extreme length and protracted bouts of shouting can do it too, so even bad folks like Hitler very well could have figured out things like "hey, if I march back into the Rhineland, nobody is going to do anything to me, And the Sudetenland. And I can really work over Chancellor von Schuschnigg too" I'm sure Satan gave him lots of help too, of course.

Telekinesis and apparitional experiences, of which there are dozens of types. she says could be one of several things and much like the above. Actual bilocation is probably a spectrum of things ranging from the almost mundane to the miraculous, with it being done intentionally or spontaneously by Tibetan Buddhists, Roman Catholic, Protestant, Evangelical, Orthodox and Latter Day Saint Christians, Wonder Rabbis and others, Sufis, Hindus, western occultists, and even non-spiritual people like Lenin

Last edited:
I have also heard that the pineal gland is the third eye.

I believe the gland may be a distant descendant of a thing called the parietal eye which tuataras and other reptiles have on the top of the head which is covered by a transparent scale and can distinguish light level, and since it doesn't look like an eye but another scale, it may operate in elsewhere in the optical window like UV or infrared and not be focusable.

Speaking of UV, it sounds like there are people who do have focusable vision just like visible light vision which can spill over into the ultraviolet, infrared, or both. Usually it is an extra type of cone nerve cell in the retina or a mutation of one of the others, a thinning or absence of the cornea or lens is a more reliable cause for ultraviolet vision, and apparently there are people with some level of polarised light vision. The mantis shrimp has 16 kinds of cones and can see all sorts of frequencies of light and at least three types of polarised light as well:

You use psychedelic drugs to meditate.
You are not experiencing anything through meditation, you are high on drugs.

It amazes me that somebody can take a drug that makes you hallucinate, hallucinate, and then claim it's something spiritual and not the drug.

That's like if I did coke in Church and then insisted I was high on Gods love.

Praying for the intercession of St C-Jam for a party or studying for an exam . . .

"Please turn to No 69 in your hymnals, The Litany of Controlled Substances:
St 4-methylaminorex
Make us thin
St Coca Leaves
Help us climb that mountain
St Morphine
Kill the pain
St Roids
Help me bench press 200 kilos
St Dextroamphetamine
Help me pass the MCat
St Nicomorphine
Austro-Smack with some of our Vitamin B requirement
St Dilaudid
Make us love everybody
St Nicotine
Burn away the cyclobenzaprine day after sluggishness
St Amyl Nitrite
Help us pound
St Hydrocodone
Grant us unlimited patience
St Viagra
Keep it up
St Heroin
Grant us knowledge of Jesus' son
St Tequila
Make me handsome and rich

There has been speculation that the pineal gland could be the third eye too, I think.

I have started studying Buddhism relatively recently, and the explanation of the mantra in your post above is exactly the kind of thing I am wanting to get more informed about.
The third eye the pineal gland and the fish thing seem to indicate they are referring to the same. Well not actually the same thing but related, just hypothising. But it is remarkable that there indeed seems to be a certain visually noticeable spot there. For some more obvious then others, but I saw it when intoxicated gazing at the nighttime sky on a few occassion's.

The credit's for the explenation are for the original autheur, I just copied it ;)

But at the start of the meditation session it's meaning was given. One of the goals is to loose your negative energy in the ground so to say by spreading the love from your mouth. The mantra was meditated outloud with windows open to allow it to flow outside.

That is my own interpretation of the event. But it does remind a lot like what they do in churches. Yeah been there to, and it is heartwarming how they take time to pray for other people in the world or for those in need. They took time for people absent or in need. But I get goose bump's quit easy so be it a sunday church or meditation it's a work out. Don't you feel that it is pretty exhausting excersize?

4-methylaminorex
But why Phenmetrazine isn't widely used is my biggest thing atm.

But 1p-LSD seems like a good upcoming idea. For me, pesonally. But I wouldn't decline on some 4-MAR anytime. Wake me by all means if necessary!

Is your on first look erratic post a post-punk poem by any chance?