• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bron SS questions (DHC + methylephedrine + chlorpheniramine + caffeine)

McGyverWithCheese

Greenlighter
Hey, I had some questions about the Japanese OTC Bron SS. There's one thread here about the drug, but it's old and doesn't answer a few questions.

I'm asking about a 42-pill dose:

105mg dihydrocodeine
175mg dl-methylephedrine hydrochloride
28mg chlorpheniramine maleate
315mg caffeine

(all within recommended daily maximums, though above recommended single dosages)

1. What's dl-methylephedrine hydrochloride? I've read a bunch about methylephedrine, especially 4-methylephedrine. But I have no clue if that stuff all applies to dl-methylephedrine hydrochloride. What do the dl and the hydrochloride mean/do?

2. Anything to avoid beside MAOIs?

3. Anything else to be scared of with the chlorpheniramine maleate?

4. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks

(I asked these questions in Basic Drug Discussion, but didn't get any replies. Anything is appreciated.)

Last edited:
can't add much except

dl stands for dextro levo isomer. basically racemic. so it may be talking about the same thing

hydrochloride (salt) is the form that the chemical is presented in

never found much joy with Dihydrocodeine - used to get bottles of 30mg pills in HK OTC but only ever gave me nausea and nothing else

Last edited:
This dose is pretty enjoyable. Great for productivity.

The methylephedrine and caffeine give a nice energy boost to combat any nod. It can be a little muscle-jittery at first, like having a little too much coffee. Easy to make that better with eating before and being a bit active.

Chlorpheniramine acts as a potentiator and supposedly has anti-anxiety effects. I can't tell what's from the DHC and what's from the chlorpheniramine, but it definitely helps with anxiety. Despite being jacked up on the caffeine, I don't get edgy.

That's a bizarre mashup of chemicals - what's it actually supposed to be taken for?

All the caffeine and methylephedrine will prevent you from enjoying the opioid high.
All the chlorpheniramine will muddy up any sense of relaxation and overpower it with histamine reaction/drowsiness. If you want some purple drank+heart strain get on this shit.

Can you not get codeine OTC? CWE is much nicer than drinking DHC - I know the formulation is Australia is filled with so much sorbitol or whatever it is people often find themselves lingering in the toilet.

In Japan, this is as good as it gets legally.

If you're a regular, heavy narcotic user, yeah, Bron won't be enjoyable. If your tolerance is low and you've forgotten the good ol' times of iv demerol and dilaudid, it aint bad. Personally, I'm surprised it's not as you describe.

Japan may luck out in the legal department but they have a very heathy narcotic black market, fronted by African immigrants. quality and quantity is high so why would you bother with crappy mixes like that?

For the typical reasons any foreign resident wouldn't want to muck around with black market drugs in Japan.

Also, in my area, there have been heavy crackdowns on the drug market. I hear it was booming ten years ago, but the police got aggressive and immigration has gotten trigger happy deporting Africans.

For me, it's not at all worth the bother or the risk of imprisonment/deportation.

fair call and interesting to hear of the crackdown

it was 06/08 when I was there and certain hot spots around the business district were open fodder with high quality and wide selection - very fond memories

Haha, wish I could've seen that.

There are head shops springing up because synthetic THC enjoys extralegal status. Every time it's outlawed, they just tweak the formula. THC does funky things to me, though. A shame.