• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Bromazepam tapering

Man67

Bluelighter
I was taking 6mg Bromazepam occasionally for the last 10 years. Never had any problems. Recently I had to do qick Suboxone tapering due to serious side effects. It wasn't easy but got from 8mg to 0 in less than 3 months. Bromazepam helped a lot and I was taking 3mg every day for the last 2 months. My goal is to quit this Benzo completely and start using it only when I really need it. How should I proceed?

I was taking 6mg Bromazepam occasionally for the last 10 years. Never had any problems. Recently I had to do qick Suboxone tapering due to serious side effects. It wasn't easy but got from 8mg to 0 in less than 3 months. Bromazepam helped a lot and I was taking 3mg every day for the last 2 months. My goal is to quit this Benzo completely and start using it only when I really need it. How should I proceed?
You're best bet is to get a longer acting benzo like diazepam or clonazepam and find the dose that holds you. Every week lower your dose a little. There's no magic formula as everyone is different. Be prepared for a rather long time period of tapering tho. Good luck

You're best bet is to get a longer acting benzo like diazepam or clonazepam and find the dose that holds you. Every week lower your dose a little. There's no magic formula as everyone is different. Be prepared for a rather long time period of tapering tho. Good luck

IS clonazepam longer acting? Both clonazepam and bromazepam are usually prescribed TID. Diazepam, diclazepam, phenmetazepam and so on are all very, very long acting - in fact the latter 2 have a significantly longer duration than diazepam but aren't as widely available.

IS clonazepam longer acting? Both clonazepam and bromazepam are usually prescribed TID. Diazepam, diclazepam, phenmetazepam and so on are all very, very long acting - in fact the latter 2 have a significantly longer duration than diazepam but aren't as widely available.
I don't remember the specifics but less than diazepam and longer than Xanax

I don't remember the specifics but less than diazepam and longer than Xanax

No - diclazepam and phenmetazepam have active metabolites that last 50% longer in the body than the active metabolites of diazepam. It's because neither of them are good substrates for CYP3A4 so while 3-hydroxylation occurs, it isn't nearly as much as diazepam (which forms temazepam and oxazepam). The 3-OH being targets for gluconation. The reason why they weren't introduced is BECAUSE the duration is so huge.