Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bringing glassware into Aus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RioBravo

Greenlighter
Hey guys. I'm currently living in NZ and they sell Sweet Puffs here by the dozen. This weekend I will be heading back home to Australia for the weekend and I'd like to take a clean, unused one back in with me. Is this allowed? Considering as it is unused it's technically just glassware.

Anyone tried this? I've bought them and had them mailed to me before in Australia so would bringing one in personally be any different? Check in or carry on? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Glass pipes are able to be legally bought and sold so long as they are for tobacco use. If it's clean I'd say there wouldn't be a problem other than asking for customs to tear your suitcase apart.

Why can't you post it back?

The Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (ACBPS) has seized 20,800 ‘ice’ pipes under legislation prohibiting the import of devices for the administration of amphetamine-type substances.

Not sure if that is relevant.

I thought that may have been the case. I can't see why the thread would not be allowed, as I'm simply asking if I can transport something that I can legally buy. However mods, if you feel this breaks the rules please remove.

Thanks poledriver. I did recall something along the lines of that legislation being implemented a year or so ago which is why I hadn't planned to post it. I thought perhaps just carrying it may have been different. I don't mind if they pull my suitcase apart, going down there to collect belongings so taking empty suitcases. Sounds like it's definitely not worth the risk though, cheers guys!

The reason we don't ask questions of this type, is because we ain't lawyers.

Questions been answered.

/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.