• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

BRAIN DAMAGE AND BIPOLAR FROM DXM ABUSE AGES 14-16?

No! You might be bipolar but dim usage especially if heavy or mixing with SSRIS can make it seem like you have medical conditions that you really dont, especially bipolar. When I got high off of cough syrup while on my depression meds I got soooo manic, and I was convinced I was bipolar. But once I sobered up, eventually the mood changes went away as my brain returned to its normal chemicals. A lot of people who use do have coco curing disorders, BUT a lot of drugs can also make you seem like you have mental health issues that you really don’t. For example, people who use meth are VERY similar to those who suffer from schizophrenia. If you take the drugs away, of course they’ll be different after long term use, but your brain will eventually normalize itself again.
Dxm* sorry for all of the typos.

@kaitiebaby The combination of DXM and SSRIs is known for causing serotonin syndrome. And a symptom of serotonin syndrome? (Hypo)mania, much like what bipolar people experience. Serotonin syndrome can worsen, trigger, or mimic bipolar. But it will not cause mania months after the serotonin syndrome has been treated.

SSRIs alone will generally only induce mania in individuals with bipolar, schizophrenia, or similar disorders.

It is easy to blame such conditions on the drugs, but at the end of the day they are often milder than we like to give them credit for. Our own minds are far more complex and unpredictable.

I abused dxm a similar amount at 15 years old. Maybe a little more. Was smoking weed too but no meth.

Anyway it did fuck me up a bit for a few months, that's why I stopped because after doing a few 600mg doses I felt fucked up a week later. It messes with you for sure.

But it does go away. I think some people take longer to expel it or get over the lingering effects.

I think it's more likely you are just having hormonal swings as many teenagers get and over thinking the damage from dxm that likely is gone by now. I went through phases of being erratic and emotional in those years. All sorts of stuff is going on in your body and mind at that age.

Just try not to smoke anything besides a bit of weed if you have to. Chill on caffeine intake too if you are fiending all the energy drinks and mountain dew like many teenagers do(I think it's the cause of many issues in teen years tbh).

You'll be alright. I didn't have any lasting issues and you probably won't either. Humans are pretty tough.