Brag about an upcoming or past show ver HUH? What? Sorry my ears are still ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emancipator was solid last night and Shpongle killed it.

But the Beats Antique set was insaaane. All sorts of crazy shit happening on-stage. One of the better shows I've attended.

Last week I saw Cage the Elephant and they put on a good show. As did Devil Makes Three a few days earlier.

^I saw Beats Antique at Lightning in a Bottle this year, he was one of my favorite sets of the week.

I fucking owned the Pacific Northwest

Phish is the best band ever

I got a bunch of music coming up

I'm awesome as fuck

Dangle my nuts on your trunk

Pics, run down, drugs?
Gimme somethin

Hurray for the Riff Raff. To-fucking-night

I just got really really excited about this.

RiffRaff_press2_web.jpg

Holy shit thank you poopie, I stumbled across this girl and band a few months ago and totally forgot the name but loved the singing and playing

Going to see Primus around the end of this month, pretty stoked.

How was it, is Danny Carey still playing with Les and Ler

But the Beats Antique set was insaaane. All sorts of crazy shit happening on-stage. One of the better shows I've attended.

They're p kewl, I'm sure you'll enjoy the show
Idk if you've heard any of there stuff but most songs have this middle eastern edm sound feel to em

Told you bout Beats Antique bro, I told you

Saw Z.Z. Top, live at Ye olde Ryman auditorium..they old as fuckin' dirt but they can still rock, man!
Still smoking too, idk what, but I assume weed, that place was filled with smoke all from the stage, and there were no machines, it was real smoke...just saying I can't believe they can smoke, being that old...i'd cough myself to death, literally.

I'd like to smoke a J inside the ryman, but their security Is pretty tight so I usually sneak out front as soon as all the crowd is inside and blow a doob 123...great venue..hard on the knees, sitting in those pews...especially if your tall, so bring you a bottle of norcos, or whiskey one!
If I didn't I literally would have went mad from soreness, but if your short, you'll be ok.

A bit Athens-centric this month (that town tends to have some good acts, doncha know), but Atlanta shows.

White Violet tomorrow. I listened to them all dang day today.

Later, New Madrid, who I have been wanting to see all year and somehow just keep missing.

Sleater-Kinney announced additional tour dates. They'll be here in April. omfg.

Doomtree and the flaming lips in February? Don't mind if I do!

Emancipator was solid last night and Shpongle killed it.

Last week I saw Cage the Elephant and they put on a good show. As did Devil Makes Three a few days earlier.
Emancipator is great live. That electric violin cut my soul into pieces.

I saw railroad earth recently and tripped so hard I thought I was on an Indian reservation so I'm not really sure how good the show was.

Shaky Knees looks boss as fuck this year. I expect some of you will come to Atlanta for it. I'm proud as fuck of little Timmy Sweetwood. He went from managing a few of my dead beat friends bands to putting on what has become one of the best festivals in the country.

He also lined up Shaky Boots Festival which is the awful country version of Shaky Knees. It looks horrible, but I'm happy he's banking

Abysmal dawn .... Was the last one with cannibal corpse.... Fucking great!!!! Tech n9ne was awesome tii really can't remember much of that one tho! ;-)

Last edited:
I can't even. I tried to, but I can't.

6SxxwTt.jpg

Shaky Knees pulling it together in their third year, with a righteous line-up.

2015 festival thread? Not my thing, but this is mid-size and close, so with I think I can brave hot and sweaty crowds to make this one happen.

ryan adams...

man i don't know if i can justify like 300$ for five bands over three days. i just don't think i can.

BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT MY GOD. SLEEP AT THE MASQUERADE. 22 DOLLARS.

roommate tormund giantsbane and myself got drunk once and talked about all the things we'd give up/do to see a couple metal bands we were sure were done forever. sleep was one of them, and 22 dollars wasn't even on the list.now planning out schedules to make sure someone is at the computer first thing for when the tickets go on sale. GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY I'M GOING TO SEE SLEEP. A BAND THAT BROKE UP WHEN I WAS 6 YEARS OLD. fucking PRAISE.

What if you don't get a ticket? It's a huge cash grab by the band and tickets are going to sell out instantly.

Or lots of scalpers will get tix and re-sell them at an even more inflated price.

I've seen the band with Jerry, many times, and phish 3.0's music isn't that good and Trey isn't playing like he was in the 90s so I'll just watch the webcasts.

This sounds like you´ll have a great time.
But why 4th of July and not earlier?
How much was the ticket, if you don´t mind me asking..

What if you don't get a ticket? It's a huge cash grab by the band and tickets are going to sell out instantly.

Or lots of scalpers will get tix and re-sell them at an even more inflated price.

I've seen the band with Jerry, many times, and phish 3.0's music isn't that good and Trey isn't playing like he was in the 90s so I'll just watch the webcasts.

I understand it's a cash grab. I'd do the same thing if I were them. They've always been about business. I got no problems with that.

I saw the dead once at the omni in 95 when I was 16. I missed the bus, so maybe I feel like it's my only chance to check out a stadium show. I'm flying in the 3rd and staying until the 8th. Only plan on hitting the 4th and 5th show and spend the rest of the time dicking off in Chicago. I love Chicago and haven't been in 10 years. I'm gonna eat like a pig and spend some time laying on the Lake Michigan beach. Cubs are in town too, so prolly catch a game.

The music will be completely mediocre at best, but it will be a damn fun time. And I like damn fun times. I guess that's why I'm going. I also like nostalgia, it's fun and it makes me feel young again. I guess that's why I still catch 3.0 a few times a year even though, as you mentioned, the music ain't like it used to be.

I don't think tickets will be too hard, place holds 65,000 people.

I guess to sum it up, I'm mainly going for the same reason I still see phish, to have a good time with old friends and sing along to a bunch of tunes that shaped my life.

Tickets range from $60 - $200. Don't care, I'm an adult and I can afford it.

Sorry for the rant. It's gonna be fun as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.