• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Boredom in recovery

wizardknight17

Bluelighter
Hey guys, although I haven't commented much I've been here a few years and love this site. A little backstory on me...
I've taken everything from norco to fentanyl for the past 4 years. Last year i chose to drop the fentanyl cold Turkey from about 100mcg to 200mcg(240-480 MME) a day habit depending on the day (I overlapped patches off and on while the old ones were still active). I was off of everything for 5 days and went right into an oxy/norco habit which fortunately (compared to the fentanyl) was only about 100-200 MME a day. I went through horrible withdrawal from the fentanyl And thought I was done but after day 5 I felt like I had a handle on things and I could just take an oxy or two to feel better again... bad choice I know.
Currently, with 1 exception, i quit taking all forms of opioids 12 days ago. (Exception being that on day 10 I ended up in the hospital with a bad case of pneumonia) so here I am, 2 days later, and I still feel like I did after getting over day number 8 (when my acute symptoms were pretty close to gone) the pneumonia is SOOOOOO much better than 2 days ago and I have about 20 oxy just sitting by my bed with absolutely no feeling like I want to take them and i haven't the entire time. In fact I even avoided taking pain meds in the hospital until I literally felt like killing myself to make the pain stop. I let the pneumonia get further than it should have because I assumed it was just part of withdrawal I haven't lived through yet since I had previously only made it 5 days clean. But that's another story. On to my point. I'm currently out of the hospital and the only PAWS symptoms I seem to have is extreme boredom. I've had extreme lethargy, fatigue, depression,anxiety, ect... for a long time due to other conditions so that doesn't honestly seem much different than normal. The only thing different is everything seems so fucking dull to me. I don't want to get out of bed, I have zero interests in doing anything and I feel horrible. I WANT to do something, ANYTHING, but at the same time I don't feel like moving out of bed. Physically I'm feeling better and I know I just need to go for a walk or go shopping or something but I just don't feel like I can mentally. pretty sure this is simply the PAWS being an asshole to me for all the pills/patches I took but I just don't know what to do. I don't know how to enjoy life, and I think that's how I got started down this path in the first place. I guess my few questions are...
1. What can I do to not feel this way?
2. How long will I probably feel this way?
3. It is the PAWS doing this right?
4. Should I be worried about other PAWS or if they're not here now are they not coming?

I guess that's it for now. Thanks in advance and I hope all of you are doing well today.

You mentioned it... just going for a walk and doing something physical for about 20 min will get your serotonin going. Try not to let your mind go back and forth debating if you want to do it or not. You will feel better afterwards.

That's pretty normal feeling during PAWs. The best thing to do is ignore the feeling and do something

I like anime, it’s emotional, quirky and seemingly endless. When I’m done dieting and exercising for the day and everything else is done I put on hunter x hunter, one punch man, aggretsuko. I basically just sit around all day since I’m a felon (5 pending charges til friday) but I’m fit and engaged in some good entertainment so it’s not so crushing anymore.

Exercise makes Everything more interesting after a while if you keep at it.

Your neurochemistry will level out soon but you can force this process by forcing yourself to do normal things again. Do anything but sit there freaking out because that’s only prolonging the inevitable discomfort you have due.