• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Boofing pod tea?..

DAMN, that's some strong pods, I have never had any where 6 grams would do very much for me. But regarding the spiciness, the great source for unwashed seeds I had for years produced a spicy liquid, it would cause a burning in the back of my throat and tongue, it's how I could tell it was going to be good. Occasionally they'd get a batch that had very little of that feeling, and invariably, it was weak. The stronger the spicy tingle, the higher I knew I was gonna get.

Man it's a good thing they stopped getting good seeds and only get some shitty thebaine seeds that make me break out in hives now... today's a day where if I could, I would already be on my way to pick up a fat dose of poppy seeds...

Anyway I'm glad you've decided not to grow more, when I found out you were growing them, I must say I could only think "damn he is going to regret this big-time". But seems like you may manage to escape that regret, if you keep it to this once and don't succumb to temptation.

Yeah the resulting liquid from those 6 grams was intensely spicy. I wasn't sure I could finish it, and I enjoy spicy things. I was somewhat worried because I've never tasted podspresso that was spicy like that and thought that perhaps I was going to give myself thebaine poisoning. Pure morphine is bitter, not spicy, and this stuff was both bitter and extremely spicy. I'm still not sure what causes the spiciness but it alarmed me because I've had pod tea perhaps 500 times in my life but never once did it taste unbearably spicy like this stuff. Really struggled to finish it but within 30 minutes it kicked in and I quickly forgot about the burning.

I really think cutting them before they produce seeds is key to maximum morphine content. The ones that I've allowed to go to seed taste weaker than the ones I cut before that point. Yet even the fully mature ones with seeds are very strong however. The combination of large amounts of nitrogen and indoor growing conditions made these far more potent than the pods I've bought that were grown outdoors. And apparently rain can cause decreases in alkaloid content of 40-60% of mature pods due to the leeching of alkaloids. Never in my life have I had pods this potent by weight. They a bit seem more stimulating than the pods I used to buy, which I think were mostly giganthemums. These are UK tasmanian poppies, which likely have more noscapine and thebaine than giganthemums. But the high was good, oxycodone-like but with a very long duration of action (quite similar to buprenorphine). Would sort of go through waves of nodding-like sedation followed by bursts of energy (same thing happens to me with tar heroin).

I actually do have a few more growing but of a different variety, a fast growing chinese GMO poppy that is said to mature in just 55 days. Those will probably be more sedating but who knows. Once those finish I won't grow anymore for a very long time. I've been a slave to this plant before, not looking to do it again. Then again, here I am feeding poppy plants powdered pork blood twice a day 🤣

I also have noticed homegrown pods to be exceptionally potent. My wife has Chinese family that grow them for baking and those pods were so damn strong. I remember wondering how they could be so potent.

Were the seeds you grew from a batch you’d tried before? I wonder if you feel the growing conditions had an effect on alkaloid content.

-GC

Yes it was from the left over of poppy seed tea wash that i found was quite strong.

The growing conditions definitely effected the alkaloid content. No rain, the perfect amount of water, no pests, no competition from other plants or fungi, and a large amount of food and supplemental nitrogen definitely made these unusually strong.

I was considering doing a quasi-experiment of giving one plant l-tyrosine supplementation but it was too late to start.

Yes it was from the left over of poppy seed tea wash that i found was quite strong.

The growing conditions definitely effected the alkaloid content. No rain, the perfect amount of water, no pests, no competition from other plants or fungi, and a large amount of food and supplemental nitrogen definitely made these unusually strong.

I was considering doing a quasi-experiment of giving one plant l-tyrosine supplementation but it was too late to start.

Many psychoactive plants seem to produce stronger products when water is withheld. I know Lactuca species are the same way. Also I think San Pedro and related cacti but still more experimentation needed on that one.

Final question, artificial lighting or sun through a window? If artificial, what kind?

-GC

Possibly due to the lack of liver magic?
That’s the only thing I can think of cause according to old bluelight post and Google searches morphine supposed to be stronger boofing it compared to orally taking it but things didn’t play out like that ,my biggest concern was that it would burn my butthole but was told that it wouldn’t so I tried it ,my guess was it was about 1/4 strength compared to orally taking it…

FFS. Why are you all so obsessed with shoving drugs up yer arse?

Just drink the shit...
Simple answer is because I believed it would be stronger , I’m a drug addict and it’s in my nature to try to get the best bang for your buck,i IV’d coke and dope at 16 because I was told it’s stronger if you shoot it,and the rest is history

In optimal conditions plugging it should work. Never tried it but so long as the morphine content is high and the solution isn't too oily, it should work.

Not sure how much you actually dosed, but I just grew a small batch of pods for the very first time and the resulting pods are the strongest I've had in my life. I used to be a daily poppy pod tea user (via podspresso) for around 18 months but I never came across pods that required such little material. The other day i ran just 6 grams of dried pods through my espresso maker and the resulting liquid was ominously vile, it tasted different than any pod tea I've ever had. Aside from being intensely bitter (which is normal) it had an unusual and overwhelming spiciness to it that made it very difficult to drink. It tasted poisonous. I was pretty worried that I was going to give myself noscapine or thebaine poisoning. But no toxicity occured. What did occur was an intense, long-lasting high that keep going for a solid 20 hours, completely pinned pupils. Pretty stimulating, but pod tea is always stimulating to me. Felt great though, especially given that I was worried that I was about about to poison myself when I initially drank it.

Blows my mind that only 6 grams of dried pods did that. And I only drank the first run through on the espresso maker (i drank the second run of those grounds at a later date and still got high). I've been pumping them full of nitrogen fertilizer (dried blood) on a daily basis which seems to have increased alkaloid production. Also, I think that poppies are much stronger if you cut them before they fully mature (ie, before they start producing black seeds). All the dried pods I've ever purchased were fully mature and contained black poppy seeds. But I've found that if you cut the pods off right before they start producing seeds, the resulting pods are much stronger. When they go into the seed producing stage they seem to shift focus from alkaloid production to seed production, thus reduces morphine content. These feel like they are a bit over 2% morphine content by weight (dried seed capsule), which is clearly a product of the controlled nature of growing them indoors and with large amounts of nitrogen fertilizer. I suppose like indoor marijuana versus outdoor marijuana, poppies grown indoors are stronger than ones grown outdoors.

Unfortunately I'm not trying to use opioids these days, so I'm trying to use what I have left as sporadically and infrequently as possible. Which is difficult since these pods are very good, the strongest I've ever had by weight, but I have an extensive history of opioid addiction. Don't think I'll grow poppies again anytime soon, was alot of fun to witness but I just don't want or need to have that stuff around. My girlfriend seemed a bit concerned given how fucked up I got, I looked very tired and fucked up with distant pinpointed glassy eyes yet I was also simultaneously very stimulated, decided to start shampooing the carpet in my office at 5am in a sort of opioid daze.
6 grams is very little compared to what I cook which I’m guessing is about 4 ounces cause I’ll split a lb into four batches so I’m guessing your pods are extremely strong compared to what I’m using,and it could be the espresso maker method you use is the way to go , maybe I’m just cooking it off in how I make it, would a large aluminum espresso maker that’s stovetop work ?
Was germinating the seeds easy ?

Many psychoactive plants seem to produce stronger products when water is withheld. I know Lactuca species are the same way. Also I think San Pedro and related cacti but still more experimentation needed on that one.

Final question, artificial lighting or sun through a window? If artificial, what kind?

-GC

LED lights, a few different types to introduce a variety of light spectrums.

6 grams is very little compared to what I cook which I’m guessing is about 4 ounces cause I’ll split a lb into four batches so I’m guessing your pods are extremely strong compared to what I’m using,and it could be the espresso maker method you use is the way to go , maybe I’m just cooking it off in how I make it, would a large aluminum espresso maker that’s stovetop work ?
Was germinating the seeds easy ?

That's what I quickly devolved to when I had a run with pods a while back (that royally fucked my mission to get off opiates, I was down to barely any kratom... oh well). A pound would get processed and ground by me, and I'd get 4 doses out of it. Whereas some other people I know using the same pods would get many doses. Pods seem to jack my tolerance up sky-high, very fast.

Glad the pods working out for u bud ;) I got a raised bed going of pods in the back yard right now, even when it’s hot out I can only water them every other day at most, these things grow fast with little water but when you water them everyday they don’t grow at all

Glad the pods working out for u bud ;) I got a raised bed going of pods in the back yard right now, even when it’s hot out I can only water them every other day at most, these things grow fast with little water but when you water them everyday they don’t grow at all

Yep, they seem to thrive on neglect.

So much so, that last year I didn't tend to them at all because I wasn't intending to harvest the pods. I've been actively growing them for 6 or 7 years now and they have become firmly established in my garden. However, although they were quite potent and 12 large marble sized pods would provide a 24 hour effect, there was usually some dysphoric overtones to the experience. Hence my decision to not bother with them anymore.

So when they sprouted last season, I didn't water them or thin them out. I ended up with hundreds of densely packed plants that were stunted as a result. Instead of the 4 - 5 feet tall multiheaded monsters I usually grow, these were at most 18 inches high with single pods the size of a small marble.

I let them go to seed completely and basically die in the ground. When I decided to pull them up they were literally straw. Many of the pods had mould spots on due to our generally lousy weather, but as an afterthought I decided to save the best examples just for one last blast.

I brewed up 12 of the pods, which were half the size of the ones I usually used and it was pure opiate euphoric sedation with none of the uncomfortable effects which had put me off.

The rest of the pods I had saved were also as good, so it wasn't just a one off. I'm actually quite glad I didn't save more because they were quite morish.

I'm wondering if leaving them in the ground longer degrades the undesirable alkaloids such as thebaine?

That's what I quickly devolved to when I had a run with pods a while back (that royally fucked my mission to get off opiates, I was down to barely any kratom... oh well). A pound would get processed and ground by me, and I'd get 4 doses out of it. Whereas some other people I know using the same pods would get many doses. Pods seem to jack my tolerance up sky-high, very fast.
That’s a good idea about grounding everything at once and separating further this way it’s all uniform in strength,makes sense to me. I could see tolerance go up easily because the effects last so long,my day after I still feel them cause I’m mellow the entire next day and I’ll take kratom the second day after dosing morning and night then the third morning and I’ll be fine after that.I only have a week or so a month in between my pain clinic appointments,I won’t dose 10days before their appointment cause I wanna piss clean,it’s gotta be in urine a long time correct? I mean longer than prescription,morphine,codeine ..I pissed clean last time and I went with 10 days and was ok…

Yes,thank you Sir I gotta give credit where’s its due , …
I’m doing weed on my fire escape and I’m gonna start a bucket of these too and see what happens,it’ll help hide the weed

I’ve thought of tryin this out too but i guess i dont need to anymore. Im kinda glad it doesnt work in a way though bc i have a pretty nasty tolerance so one of the things that kept me from trying is that it takes pretty big volumes for me to get high. And if i would’ve tried reducing the water to a boofable amount with that much of alkaloids in it i figure it would be kinda slimey and hard to boof. Last brew i did was with about 70-80 pods that ended up in about 3-4 coffecups of tea. I dont think the strain was super potent though. Maybe like average. But i DO have maybe 100 seeds of the x247-a strain i plan to spread somewhere outside. That’d be interesting! It takes about 120mg of methadone/140-160mg of oxy IV to get me flying on other opioids just for reference. Although i never nod of. 🥺 /greetings from europe