• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

BMK Glycidate hydrolyzed decarboxylation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlik06

Greenlighter
hello, please help. I got from a friend several gram bmk glycidate Benzeneacetic acid CAS: 16648-44-5
Me try experiment to hydrolyze GLYCIDATE to the oil.
This is the procedure I followed.
1,1kg powder mix with 1kg warm water (around 80 degrees).
2, put in 1kg hydrochloric acid (HCL 37%) and you will see bubble generated.
3,Stirring the mixture for one hour and then stop.
4,After one more hour you will get oil layer in light yellow color.
5,Use separatory funnel to retrieve oil.

I proceeded so that after mixing the raw materials I warmed everything to 90-95 C at medium speeds of stirring for two

hours. After hydrolysis and decarboxylation, I collected the top layer and the bottom (aqueous) was extracted twice with

DCM. I mixed the extracts thoroughly with the oil and then washed with water then soda bicarbonate again with water and

then with brine. The purified oil was dried with MgSO4, the solvent was distilled off, and a slightly yellow oil was left

as a residue.
I know the problem is in the cleanliness of the oil because in the imine formation the mixture was colored to pink-red. I

think the problem that probably happened is that unreacted hydrochloric acid remains in the oil because I did not pretreat

the sodium hydroxide solution. Or it could be a problem that I polymerized the oil because I had a wrongly set high

temperature above 100C when I was solvent distillation (DCM)

What is your point of view where the problem arose?
Thank you for your reply
Sorry for my English (translator)

Last edited:
Sorry, but this is against the rules
Check out the guidelines:
3) NO DISCUSSIONS OF SYNTHESIS
Legal or illegal or any steps involved. There are other message boards who are willing to risk the liabilities of such synthesis discussion, but we aren't one of them. However instructional guides based on purification and extraction processes are permitted though will be monitored closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.