• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Bluelighters with anxiety

If you're expreiencing extrapyramidal side effects from your medication you need to talk to your doctor about switching meds asap. And some vitamin B6 may help.

"xtrapyramidal symptoms are serious side-effects of antipsychotic and other drugs. ... The extrapyramidal symptoms include acute dyskinesias and dystonic reactions, tardive dyskines"

Mine is chronic and maybe propranolol has helped. I often get to feel "OK" but I always feels it. Then sometimes it gets worse. If I have to switch oxy to sub or methadone the problems is I cannot get any withdrawal for 2-3 days but during that time akathesia gets real bad together with depression and anxiety. Can I start sub before wd gets to the mild COWS? Because akasthesia is unbearable man if it gets bad.

Hey guys, do any of you suppose that something like this is better suited for a sub-forum like Drug Culture? I understand that anxiety is a shitty thing to deal with and it can cause us to make some potentially unhealthy decisions, but I don't really think general anxiety is covered by our Harm Reduction umbrella. I'm just throwing it out there.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is the most effective antidepressant, anxiolytic that I have ever used. It's never caused me problems and it works great.

My pharmacist said Lyrica in the body melts and turns into gabapentin so there no deference except in doses? IDK if he is correct.

My pharmacist said Lyrica in the body melts and turns into gabapentin so there no deference except in doses? IDK if he is correct.

No, this is not accurate. It is commonly stated that Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a more potent version of the drug Gabapentin (Neurontin), but what your croaker has told you is misinformation.

. Can I start sub before wd gets to the mild COWS? Because akasthesia is unbearable man if it gets bad.

It's really not the recommended method but you could look into the Bernese Method of micro induction.

Use of microdoses for induction of buprenorphine treatment with overlapping full opioid agonist use: the Bernese method

Our cases illustrate that overlapping induction of buprenorphine while being on full mu-agonists is feasible.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4959756/

Thanks a lot Jekyl. You possibly saved my life. I have broke several household items and my family is under stress. Imagine if it got severe God forbid I wouldn't be able to handle it. Some people cannot sit all day while others in extreme cases are practically burning inside.

I have reduced oxy but will use bernese method is akathesia gets worse. I also reduced my lexapro just in case and the only other med I started taking around the time this started is gabapentin.

This disease is horroble. Hell pure hell. When I get mild symptoms I get together emotional distress and psychomotor distress. I don't know which one is worse.

Zagor, do you not get relief from Restless Legs/Akathisia from Gabapentin (Neurontin) or Pregabalin (Lyrica)? For myself and a lot of other folks, Gabapentinoids are the silver bullet for this purpose, in addition to all of the other great things that they can do for the sick individual. I'll add that for myself, Pregabalin is used and prescribed as if it were an SSRI. It's been more effective and less harmful than any other Psychiatric medication I have ever tried. It's addictive, but the ration of benefit/risk is significantly better than say when using Benzodiazepines for the same purpose.

Just my opinion.

This is completely false, drugs don't "melt" in your body and afaik pregabalin isn't really metabolized, the main metabolite being N-methylpregabalin, but there's no way it's metabolized into gabapentin