Bluelight weekly photography contest Round 14: Motion

SA

Bluelight Crew
Thanks again to BA for his efforts to date. *applause*

Let's spice things up a bit, shall we?

Und zoooooooo...

"MOTION"

RULES
1. Any photograph or variation of a photograph which have been previously submitted in the forums or gallery for viewing and discussion cannot be used in the contest.

2. Photographs must be your original work and that has never been copyrighted or, if copyrighted, that you are the sole copyright owner of.
2a. No submitting pictures for other people, for friends, etc. Your OWN work, very simple.

3. Only one photograph may be entered per contest.

4. All photographs must be free of watermarks, signatures and borders

5. Photographs must be no wider than 700 and no higher than 700.

6. Deadline for entries is 12am eastern on the posted deadline date.

7. Voting ends at 12am eastern on the posted end date.

8. Post your images in the appropriate thread in the form of an image, not a link to click on.

9. Don't be a dummy and vote for your own photo, try and make it fun.

Be reminded that this is a photo contest and so images which have been heavily manipulated through an image editing software will not be accepted.

Images which are not relevant to the week's theme will be automatically removed.

We will pick the next theme and post it the night a contest ends for the next round so people have a full 8 days to take pictures and submit them. Voting will take place from midnight to midnight over 2 days (e.g. 12am Friday - 12am midnight Sunday). After all the entries have been posted, a poll will be added on the last night, so people can vote.

Just like last round, submit your photos in this thread and a mod will re-post them when voting starts in a separate voting thread.

Submissions: January 21 - 29
Voting: Jan 30 -31

Thanks for picking this up, SillyAlien. I have a lot going on now and just couldn't keep up with it. :)

You're welcome, BA. You're not getting off that easy though, bud. We-want-your-PHOTOS! :D

motioncontest.jpg

Ohhhh BA that soooo makes me want to go fly-fishing again. Damn there being no fresh water rivers around here.

I think I'll enter this round, seeing I've got a new(ish) camera. :)

^ That's nice. It would have got quite a few votes in the 'Long Exposure' round. :)

Can I have a defintion of motion in the photographic sense please?

Does it need to be a long exposure shot?

BA's excellent entry implies movement without long exposure, so no, it's not necessary.

felixdahousekat said:
^ That's nice. It would have got quite a few votes in the 'Long Exposure' round. :)
so 'motion' implies that entries should not have long exposures? is that like a requirement for this round? longer exspoure times seem like a great way to show motion, imo.

MazDan said:
Can I have a defintion of motion in the photographic sense please?

Does it need to be a long exposure shot?
Was there a definition of "Holidays", in the photographic sense, for that round? Post what you feel fits the theme and let the poll judge. ;)

eta: Just to clarify my own opinion on the subject, I don't feel it needs to be long exposure. Motion can be expressed in so many ways - people bustling down the street, kids playing on the swings, two cats a chasing, one bus a running, four kids a skating... and a paaartridge in a pear treeeeee. Well, okay, not that last one. :)

Last edited:
felixdahousekat said:
Thanks. i wish i found out about the weekly contest sooner.

i like long exposer to show motion, but i dont hink it should be a requirement or anything.

i wish we could post full size images. i lost a lot of good detail and clairity by shrinking a 8.0 megapixel photo down to less than 700x700.

but i suppose it IS best to have all the photos displayed right in the posts. owell

RADIATE2001.jpg

"Radiate," 2001 in the Armoury, Washington, D.C. I believe this was during PVD's 3.5 hours set. Taken with a disposeable camera while on an amount of substances that would leave one questioning one's ability to operate a device as complex as a disposeable camera (and thus explaining the quality).

LOOK OUT

Needless to say I knew I was in some deep do do.

And i can assure you that yes indeedy..........there was a motion.........lol.

100_0150Small.jpg