• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Bluelight tagged in a study for digital harm reduction strategy.. conspiracy?

Joey

Bluelighter

So this is pretty cool for Bluelight to be tagged on this. I don't have a clue if that actually means anything more than a tag, because Bluelight is in fact a part of digital harm reduction. I am also a CAPUD member (as well as Comm and Social media here) so I'll find out.

I'd like to break the story anyway, even preliminary, because this is an extremely important one for harm reduction, people who use drugs, and the COVID-19 pandemic all at once. Here's the basics, right from the study.
COVID-19 has significantly exacerbated negative health and social outcomes for people who use drugs (PWUD) around the world. The closure of harm reduction services, ongoing barriers to employment and housing, and pre-existing physical and mental health conditions have increased harms for diverse communities of PWUD. Adapting current models of health and human service delivery to better meet the needs of PWUD is essential in minimizing not only COVID-19 but also drug-related morbidity and mortality.
To better support people who use drugs (PWUD) during this especially difficult time, many healthcare providers have turned to established and emerging technologies to engage PWUD, including to provide opioid agonist therapy (OAT), follow-up care, consultation, and counseling.3 However, pre-existing barriers to accessing health and human services faced by marginalized communities are likely to play an important role in determining who benefits from this turn to digital care, particularly for PWUD. Lessons gathered from the first wave of COVID-19 demonstrate a need for the adaptation of current service delivery measures to better meet the unique needs of PWUD. In this article, we consider the impacts of COVID-19 on harm reduction programing and the possibility of developing a digital health strategy to prevent treatment interruptions and enable expanded care options.
Beyond telecare to complement the care of PWUD with digital options: In addition to telecare, a range of digital health applications and services have implications for PWUD. The availability of apps and other technology platforms to support safer drug use are limited, but comparable models are available to support managed alcohol consumption and smoking cessation.29 Technology-based tools or apps are typically used to promote behaviour change and mitigate risk behaviours among PWUD.
Considering that we're tagged, who were tagged alongside, and what the study is about... conspiracy? No clue dude. As I said, I'll find out and come back with the pertinent info. Might just be a nod our direction. Probably.

This is actually huge regardless of any tag. The need for services to be digitized from methadone/suboxone to harm reduction education to overdose prevention is massive now. This is the beginning of a plan being developed, and then put in place on an international level.

Blue light has been a site since the 90’s I believe, I’ve seen it back in 2010-2013when I first found it. This site is the BIGGEST mainly substance forum that pushes for safe use, and proper use on the Web I believe.

So I’m not tooooo surprised, they’re very known in the Web community, and internet community/social community.

We are, simply, an example of digital harm reduction
A leading example amongst the cyber community of substance use!! Don’t get modest now.

Also, I would like to add, from my history here the past decade, this group is DEDICATED to your keeping your identity/anonymity on the group itself, and that stands even with these studies being a thing.

It is great that the article is open access too, so you can all read it in full if you like. Trying to get access to full article to the public is harder than it should be (many of our best journals are still no open access unfortunately, but I'm always happy to send people pdf's if they can't get to stuff)

It's great we are tagged here but there's no need to invoke any conspiracy thoughts. We are, simply, an example of digital harm reduction. Hence the content is tagged to us. Go us! :)
I'm just having fun with it.;)

Some dystopian future where our secure, anonymous (if you want to be) site is referenced as an option... @YourxGod

*x-files music*

I'm just having fun with it
> Some random member of Bluelight, “FUN. I DESTROYED MY SIM CARD OVER THIS CONSPIRACY THEORY. *After deleting every post they ever made, 2 weeks later they see this comment.*
Some ppl just like to see the world burn. 👀

*x-files music*
It’s officially time, the Aliens I saw 3 years ago oddly during a meth binge of 3 weeks no sleep have come for my ass. 🛸👽👾

It is great that the article is open access too, so you can all read it in full if you like. Trying to get access to full article to the public is harder than it should be (many of our best journals are still no open access unfortunately, but I'm always happy to send people pdf's if they can't get to stuff)
There is sci-hub as well. That's a little bit piracy and it doesn't quite get everything, especially when it's brand new, but whatever.

Bluelight definitely is not (never was) anonymous
I would hope that everyone knows by the way I used anonymous, and identity, that their emails/birthday/IP addresses/personal information/etc isn’t being shown to anyone.

That they have no worry about others finding out that user: Methrocks1995 actually works at ABC Bank in DE, State, F City, and he posted how he did meth now everyoneeeee knows and he gets fired and divorced.

I meant Anonymous as in ppl won’t find this out bc of some post Bluelight is tagged in. 🤨🤨🤨🤨

I would hope that everyone knows by the way I used anonymous, and identity, that their emails/birthday/IP addresses/personal information/etc isn’t being shown to anyone.

That they have no worry about others finding out that user: Methrocks1995 actually works at ABC Bank in DE, State, F City, and he posted how he did meth now everyoneeeee knows and he gets fired and divorced.

I meant Anonymous as in ppl won’t find this out bc of some post Bluelight is tagged in. 🤨🤨🤨🤨
The moar you know!😉

Well @Tronica since you're being so open (as you always were, easily findable here full name and link to your work and all (although people rarely check) I'll make the point.

I am the recipient of a National Health and Medical Research Council Early Career Researcher Fellowship (APP1070140). The National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre and the National Drug Research Institute are supported by funding from the

2 M. J. Barratt
J Subst Use, 00(00): 1–2
Australian Government under the Substance Misuse Prevention and Service Improvement Grants Fund. I also acknowledge the contribution of the Victorian Operational Infrastructure Support Program received by the Burnet Institute.
This information is transparently available. The media accounts are Bluelight, we're just expanding a bit. Trust me, this is a positive. Anyone who thinks this means you're in hot water? Think again.

This is a start point. Then check out Monica Barratt's citations. Settle down, and think it through. Anonymized, protected funded research for purposes of harm reduction, decriminalzation, legalization, etc. Treatment. This site is actually amazing.

The moar you know!😉

Well @Tronica since you're being so open (as you always were, easily findable here full name and link to your work and all (although people rarely check) I'll make the point.

This information is transparently available. The media accounts are Bluelight, we're just expanding a bit. Trust me, this is a positive. Anyone who thinks this means you're in hot water? Think again.

This is a start point. Then check out Monica Barrat's citations. Settle down, and think it through. Anonymized, funded research for purposes of harm reduction, decriminalzation, legalization, etc. Treatment. This site is actually amazing.

I truly don’t think anyone is understanding what I am saying at this point. 🤨
I know we are fine, I’m so confused as to how nobody is understanding that actual meaning behind what I said.

I truly don’t think anyone is understanding what I am saying at this point. 🤨
I know we are fine, I’m so confused as to how nobody is understanding that actual meaning behind what I said.
We do.

Does noooot seem like it, what with the unnecessary explaining to me, telling me to not worry, and going through a process to try to prove a fact I already knew. 🤨
I sometimes make posts to also address the userbase as a whole and guests as well.

I sometimes make posts to also address the userbase as a whole and guests as well.
That would make more sense, I’m aware of the effort this Communities higher ups do to keep the general populace REAL IDENTITIY as safe and secure as you the communities members ALLOW IT.
Gotta love Bluelight, I know I do.

That would make more sense, I’m aware of the effort this Communities higher ups do to keep the general populace REAL IDENTITIY as safe and secure as you the communities members ALLOW IT.
Gotta love Bluelight, I know I do.
Love it!

Of course. Sorry! That’s right - Bluelight doesn’t know who you are unless you tell it yourself. Which is why we are still here when most forums have disappeared with the advent of social media. 👍