Bluelight not showing up in Google results anymore

Wow, I had no idea that Google was behind this shit the whole time. I thought it was a glitch or something on the forum's end. Definitely gonna use duckduckgo now, thank you all for the suggestion!

Okay so I tried duckduckgo, typed in a couple keywords with bluelight at the end.... And pretty much the same shit as Google. So frustrating. I'm with OP... what the hell happened to the interwebz of old? :/

i also weirdly cannot access the bluelight forums in the UK. it's been blocked by my internet provider/ government flag? :/ If i'm there I have to use a VPN to get to it. I've had to bookmark the forums 'cause googling bluelight + name of drug usually came up in the first few links. Now I have to type 'bluelight drug forums' and sometimes it still doesnt appear in the search results ( Google.fr - france )

Well I'm glad to see it wasn't just me hahaha.

I agree whole heartedly with the 'Fuck Google' sentiment.

This is absolutely ridiculous, do they want us to back to the dark ages of drug use when the only information available is heavily biased, stigmatizing and inaccurate trash pumped out by governments who would rather lock us up and throw away the key than lift a finger to help us.

I talked to my younger brother yesterday and he didn't even know what bluelight was. I thought it was odd but now when I think about it, it makes total sense. By the time he started using drugs (granted he doesnt use anything hard like me but he does mdma, lsd etc) bluelight would've no longer shown up on google.

And the sites that you do find in the results are utter trash.

I hope Google DIAF

Okay so I tried duckduckgo, typed in a couple keywords with bluelight at the end.... And pretty much the same shit as Google. So frustrating. I'm with OP... what the hell happened to the interwebz of old? :/
That's strange, once I went on to duck duck go it mostly solved the problem for me. Well, it still isn't as good as it used to be, so know I just search from within the site.

It's pretty well documented that Google (and some other search engines, including DDG, Bing, Baidu) have been adjusting their search engine results to change the rankings of drugs forums.

Google first trialled pushing drugs forums off its search engine in late 2017 for a few months, then it switched back to normal for a few months. Then in early 2018 it made the switch permanent. It's not just Bluelight, most of the other traditional drugs forums like drugs-forum and shroomery have vanished from their results as well, in favour of anti-addiction services, Quora and so on.

I can tell you guys pretty well the controversy around the potential harm of exposure to blue light from an LED screen but whether or not a drug will kill me, not so easily... ? by generating biased results, Google and other search engines are possibly putting lives at risk. It should be no surprise that this deemphasis on certain sites corresponds exactly with a decrease in the use of Bluelight too. What a sad thing!

One thing we can all do is spread the word to friend and family who might need this place and make sure our content is friggin awesome. ?

What are you googling bluelight for anyway. You have found it, if there's some need for anything here it will be found. Unless this is not it and I'm on drugs.

Reddit subforums links, especially r/drugs, r/stims and r/opiates are just links to threads here anyway, some other cunts just take credit for finding and posting it.

*CUNTS* come over all the time and Google shit.

Forget what's looked for, find anal beads on the cover of Burke's Backyard.

• Haha
Reactions: CFC
What are you googling bluelight for anyway. You have found it, if there's some need for anything here it will be found. Unless this is not it and I'm on drugs.

Reddit subforums links, especially r/drugs, r/stims and r/opiates are just links to threads here anyway, some other cunts just take credit for finding and posting it.

*CUNTS* come over all the time and Google shit.

Forget what's looked for, find anal beads on the cover of Burke's Backyard.
Well of course veteran BL users don't need to Google search it. I think what most of us are upset about is the fact that people who don't know about bluelight and other harm reduction websites are never going to find out about it now. I dont think i am alone in believing that if I had not stumbled across BL et al via Google searches when I got into drugs more than a decade ago I would very likely be dead.

And I find the fact that the most popular search engine is censoring harm reduction in favor of completely innaccurate and/or 12 step focused sites is very disturbing and worrying.

BL et al (i.e other HR sites) now have very little visibility to the younger generation of drug users and frankly this worries me alot.

It's true, we see a lot of referred links when we look at stats for how people find this site. We should really just spam bluelight links on the sites Google is emphasising ??

Nice anal bead reference too, was it you all along? ?

It's true, we see a lot of referred links when we look at stats for how people find this site. We should really just spam bluelight links on the sites Google is emphasising ??

Nice anal bead reference too, was it you all along? ?
First thing I read today is about anal beads. Gonna be a good weekend

• Haha
Every good weekend should start with a line of coke and the discovery of some used anal beads on your front lawn.

It made no sense then, and makes no sense now. Not as if here has lost importance, not has it changed tac. Usual politics against common sense!!

Its a war of information and influence. Get your ducks in a row. Where do you find free information and thought if it doesn't show up?

well lets start old school.. word of mouth.. If you respect free platforms and BL. Then promote them with old school word of mouth. Tell good people how to find BL and other good free platforms.

I doubt panic posting the same thread all over the place will do anything except suggest boobs, free beer or a cat.

Those are serious suggestions and should be considered then implemented , boobs at least.