View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Blotter Acid how long does it stay viable

MetanoiaMan

Bluelighter
Just got some LSD freshly put on some blotter acid hits. How long does it stay good? Anybody know? It's in a plastic bag, what is the best way to store it?

There's a lot of threads on here about this already, but just for your edification... I keep a half sheet inside foil, inside a plastic ziplock, inside a mason jar, at room temp, and I've had them for about a year. The hits are still as potent as the day I got them, from what I can tell. Keep it dry, out of light, and away from heat, and it should last you a lifetime, if you so desire it.

Personally I feel like LSD is a little more stable than we give it credit to be. I have had some blotter for over two years still just as active as ever. Also have a friend who has driven with a vial literally all around the country just to bring it back home and then back on the road again and it still just as good as when he filled 9months ago. I stored my blotter in tinfoil in mylar bag kinda like a spice bag in an area without central AC

It can be pretty stable, it just isn't always because with the wrong impurities present that stability can be compromised. I think that is the reason for the confusing variability.

Use the PD Index >>> LSD main thread >>> storage sub thread to find more about the subject. Mainly it is best to protect from moisture, heat, light and oxygen.

IME LSD is very stable even at room temperature. I kept a sweet tart that had liquid dropped on it and a gel tab for many months. Both were stored in a wooden box and wrapped in tin-foil. Even in the high heat/humidity conditions of the local area they did not degrade at all (at least I couldn't notice it). As long as you aren't planning on storing your LSD for decades you won't have much issue with it.

Store it in a cool, dark, dry place in an airtight container, and it can last years without losing potency.

Pretty long. I've seen doses that were left in someone's car glovebox for a very long time in a hot climate and were still decently potent. The fragility of the molecule especially on blotter is overstated. Liquid is more sensitive and of course crystal is the most sensitive of all but blotter (and geltabs) are quite durable.