• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin black tar heroin vs. black tar opium?

i would just like to imput that 80+ percent pure heroin on the street is a little bit farfetched.
color of the powder has absolutely nothing to do with potency, and imo not to be a dick but theres no way to know how pure your d is, and if youre smoking powder diacetylmorph hcl youre wasting a shitload, and if you smoke/snort, you wouldnt know if its been cut by idiots unless you iv.
and i learned from opiophile that tar is just about always cut on the street too, and that its very easy to cut tar.
and i tried what was apparently "raw uncut heroin" (was given a shot by my boy for free, he wanted to know how good it was and if he should get more) and it was pure enough that it gave me a histamine reaction, and that shit was probably 30-50% pure. Just cause your dealer might not cut it, and he always will except for rare situations, doesnt mean your dope is pure.

I have gotten 68 pure on the street. I am positive of its purity. It happens, man. Rare as fuck, but...

and in my experience tar is usually better or stronger-- it is not the strongest I have ever had, but it was usually better when an option.

I think the reason for the difference was that black tar opium is smoked for those who do not like needles and if the manufacturer does not have access to the precursor chemicals to produce heroin then all that can be produced is black tar opium. Is it nothing more than simply "opium"? And how exactly opium is used or smoked? Does the white stuff (latex?) need to be dried and turned into a hard substance then smoked using a pipe? I read opium smoking is dangerous but not sure in what way exactly considering "smoking" something more natural is still better than snorting coke or shooting up heroin, right?

Seems like all that are needed to make black tar opium crystals are water and poppy, here's the link to a recipe of how to make black tar opium crystals:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190382

Sounds like silly junkie lore. There's no reason to produce ''black tar opium'' when they can turn it into ''black tar heroin'' with a few quick and simple steps, double or triple it's potency and so double or triple their profits.

This is honestly a scary thread, All these supposed heroin users but no one knows what the fuck they are talking about. "black tar opium" whut? There is no such thing, after the opium latex is cooked it turns into a consistency SIMILAR to black tar heroin. Opium is going to smell like flowers, black tar heroin is going to smell like vinegar. As for the potency of black tar vs. china white or brown sugar, it is going to very GREATLY china white can be more cut than black tar, but black tar typically has more adulterants in it. And to all you east coasters repping the China White, after living with my roommate who grew up getting China White from the bluff in ATL, he has concluded that most China White is Fentanyl (his opinion but being a user for 10+ years is pretty reliable) and he prefers black tar from Denver. Proper heroin should be a brownish powder or black tar. I only have experience with Black Tar from Denver, I have never seen powder heroin in my life.

heroinhero, these so called dope users in this thread may only have known people who use dope, but I have doubts myself if they even used needles before. I have never used dope but hanged with people who does and used it in front of me so I have some clue. Maybe i'm in the same league as these so called heroin user in this thread.

heroinhero, was your heroin liquid in vials? was it powder that you had to eventually liquify which is more practical than carrying a vial of liquid junk? If you were a dealer, wouldn't you think powders is practical than liquid? all heroin I've seen were brown-ish/gray-ish (like ash?), powdered and in capsules. I think your on point when you say china white is really just fentanyl, but why has it been "good" all these time "china white" existed when it is fact that fentanyl is not that good from what I have been hearing and why there was outbreaks regarding overdoses on fentanyl when china white (aka fentanyl) had been around for as long yet no outbreaks of it that I know of then? Is it simply because newbies who were cutting these have no clue what they're doing which is why it reached mainstream media regarding the overdoses? I think even erowid had this figured out that China White is fentanyl. It is white and it comes from China. LOL.

Last edited:
This is honestly a scary thread

Equally scary is the idea that there's an area in the world where both opium and heroin are being sold in forms difficult to distinguish from each other. Someone could buy opium thinking it's heroin, filter it perfectly and still die from injecting it due to the codeine content. I hope it's not true.

And to all you east coasters repping the China White, after living with my roommate who grew up getting China White from the bluff in ATL, he has concluded that most China White is Fentanyl (his opinion but being a user for 10+ years is pretty reliable) and he prefers black tar from Denver.

Does your friend realize that fentanyl has a half life many times shorter than heroin (assuming ''china white'' is supposed to be a reference to heroin)? I've injected (precisely diluted) powdered fentanyl, and the effects last an hour at most. It also has a very different subjective feel to heroin. No experienced heroin user would mistake fentanyl for heroin. Although it's possible that this ''china white'' is heroin cut with fentanyl.

Proper heroin should be a brownish powder or black tar.

All the heroin I've used here in Australia (granted not a huge variety, I mostly stuck to pharms, and the vast majority of the heroin I did use was sourced from one place) has been a white-slightly greyish powder, sometimes with a tiny hint of brown. And it was good shit.

My understanding is that generally, #4 heroin hydrochloride is a fine, off-white powder, while #3 heroin freebase is closer to brown and somewhat more granular.

if china white (fentanyl) is passed of in the streets as heroin, then why mix heroin with heroin? According to the media all these overdoses is a mix of heroin and fentanyl, which I doubt. It's one or the other. If you were a dealer why put 2 types of drugs in 1? It wouldn't be smart, I don't think. That's like giving out a purer cocaine when you could cut it as much as you want to maximize profits with little main product used.

Can we establish what exactly ''china white'' is supposed to refer to? Because my understanding was that people were using it to refer to #4 heroin in the form of a white powder (ie. east coast powder dope v. west coast tar dope), which is sometimes (but not necessarily) cut with fentanyl because fentanyl is cheap, and easy to produce in a lab (or obtain by other means). This means they can cut their heroin even further, add some fentanyl which costs a fraction of what the heroin costs, and those users who don't know better think it's good quality because it hits them really hard (for the first hour).

The problem is that they often don't distribute the fentanyl evenly in the heroin, or they use too much not knowing better, resulting in people getting absurdly high doses of fentanyl in their bag of heroin and dying, since fentanyl is strong enough that a few milligrams could kill someone even if they have a bit of a tolerance (much less would kill someone with no/low tolerance).

If you're using ''china white'' to refer to pure fentanyl, well, as I said, nobody with any heroin experience would mistake one for the other. Even the most undiscerning street junkie will notice if he has a shot of fentanyl which he thinks is heroin, then ends up in withdrawal 2 or 3 hours later when he would still be high had he shot heroin.

Last edited:
Crankinit, using slang on an international harm reduction forum will always ad to confusion. I can also assure you that there is no way one could mistake opium for BTH.

Ongos, please stop posting and UTFSE. If you need a "Teach a noob about heroin" thread, try bdd.

The OPsquestion has been answered with factual information, this thread is now being filled with false BS. Close this shit.

I agree this is getting out of hand one isn't Better than the other(powdered dope and BTH) cause purity varys so widely with street heroin. To me I've never liked tar the few times i got it cause it was harder to break down(had to use lemon juice) and looks gross and I have seen far too many people with horrible looking veins from shooting the crap due to the odd cuts people use(pop syrup etc.). I like China white heroin more cause that's what I'm used to I suppose and have grown to enjoy the taste and pretty much everything about it here on the streets we get all mainly white powder or brown chunks that are as hard as a rock and you need a razor to scrape the powder off. I liked the white powder more cause e thats what i sold for years and was always the best dope I've ever done( yes the purity was the biggest factor and I realize you guys don't get the same purity).

Like I said before black tar heorin smells like vinegar it isn't anymore dangerous or stronger than powder heroin simply cause its black tar society just views it as the worse more addictive option for some reason mabye it just looks hardcore/more potent. It can be smoked injected or snorted /eaten.

Opium smells like flowers and cannot be injected but looks the same as BTH its meant to be smoked but could be eaten too and is a lot weaker compared to heroin and I mean ALOT.
^^
This is all the OP wanted to know so no sense for us all repeating it over and over and people coming on saying my dope don't smell like vinagar mines the best!! Let's leave it.

To all you people who insist China white is fetanyl China white is not all fetanyl!!!
We got our dope tested all the time we had someone test it and tell us the results frequently and it was average 80 percent pure heroin sometimes more not a drop of fetanyl was in the dope believe me.
By the time our dope got to the addicts hands it was cut down dramatically as it passed through 2-3 people who usually stepped on it before selling it. But never with fetanyl here where I'm from its not common.
I hear this all the time oh that must be fetanyl I hate fetanyl and I'm like NO!! how the fuck do you know that this guy I worked for was good I tell you he got it from family back from asia where ever the hell his family was. I never asked too many questions about where the dope cane from but if he's importing kilos overseas over the mountains into Canada its not gonna be all chopped up like the crap you guys think of when you hear China white.

Mabye Canadian dope is just all around Better than the USA and Australia lol just kidding don't want to start another war like NO MY DOPE IS THE BEST I SHIT MY PANTS SLAMMING A QUARTER GRAM!!

Last edited:
The only reason I had 80-90percent is because I knew a asian guy who imported kilos of China white
80-90% is not impossible to find, but highly unlikely! Also, if my understanding is correct, isn't "china white", powdered H mixed with fent.? So does mean your dope was 80% H and fent, or was it 80% H and 20% fent?

hello peeps, Im from uk the stuff we get here from afghanistan is not always dark brown in colour. Normally its an off white colour. Not everyone realises all batches made are not always pure at source and can vary in purity without the product being stamped on or bashed up once. The smokeable form No.3 that dominates the uk market melts into a runny blob on tin foil that vary's in colour.

We recently had some unusual granular looking type stuff that was almost a yellowy grey or brown colour. That batch killed a few people in the city it came from, after that it dissapeared.

To inject our heroin you need either pure vitimin c powder or citric acid you have to use a weak acid to break it down .

Ive only ever had black tar heroin the once in the uk back about 1999ish , it was a strong batch it was my delears personal he used to like smoking it on tin foil and i did to be fair it gave a different euphoria compared to our powder forms lol Its rare as rocking horse shit here but i dont think its the same as black tar opium thats just essentially opium i think or cooked opium. All the opium i have tried has never ever ran on tin foil like our heroin does but the black tar heroin did. Ive been told you need a special opium pipe to smoke it properly.

Ive been told heroin number four that dissolves in cold water without an acid cannot be smoked properly on tin foil and just charrs up . Real china white has no fentanyl in it J3MOd-h3NOW-X3S. Its deffinatly pure heroin hci . Fentanyl got nicknamed china white when its in powder form as it was so strong. IV fentanyl is around 50 times stronger than iv heroin on a mg to mg basis but its less euphoric. Its also used to make poor quality weak batches of heroin sellable again.

hello peeps, Im from uk the stuff we get here from afghanistan is not always dark brown in colour. Normally its an off white colour. Not everyone realises all batches made are not always pure at source and can vary in purity without the product being stamped on or bashed up once. The smokeable form No.3 that dominates the uk market melts into a runny blob on tin foil that vary's in colour.

We recently had some unusual granular looking type stuff that was almost a yellowy grey or brown colour. That batch killed a few people in the city it came from, after that it dissapeared.

To inject our heroin you need either pure vitimin c powder or citric acid you have to use a weak acid to break it down .

Ive only ever had black tar heroin the once in the uk back about 1999ish , it was a strong batch it was my delears personal he used to like smoking it on tin foil and i did to be fair it gave a different euphoria compared to our powder forms lol Its rare as rocking horse shit here but i dont think its the same as black tar opium thats just essentially opium i think or cooked opium. All the opium i have tried has never ever ran on tin foil like our heroin does but the black tar heroin did. Ive been told you need a special opium pipe to smoke it properly.

Ive been told heroin number four that dissolves in cold water without an acid cannot be smoked properly on tin foil and just charrs up . Real china white has no fentanyl in it J3MOd-h3NOW-X3S. Its deffinatly pure heroin hci . Fentanyl got nicknamed china white when its in powder form as it was so strong. IV fentanyl is around 50 times stronger than iv heroin on a mg to mg basis but its less euphoric. Its also used to make poor quality weak batches of heroin sellable again.

dude you sound like a noob;)

I always thought opium was the raw product that comes directly from the scored poppy pod...Isnt that stuff a sticky black, brown substance?

Ive always wanted to try smoking the stuff that comes directly from the poppy pod, but since Ive used regular powder H for such a long time, my tolerance is crazy high.

Powder should smell like vinegar-- tar doesnt.
You are sooooo wrong. The vinegar smell is from the AA not completely evaporating. Good, real china white aint gonna smell much due to the extra steps in making, purifying, and filtering...

90% of y'all have no idea what you are talking about and need to stop consuming drugs. Quit putting fraudulent statements up if you dont know what you're speaking about. For fuck sake....