• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Black Tar Heroin -- Necrotising Fasciitis, Wound Botulism &c In San Diego

Nicomorphinist

Bluelighter

I am inclined to think that it is not diacetylmorphine, 3-monoacetylmorphine, 6-monoacetylmorphine, morphine, or things like noscapine, papaverine, thebaine, acetylcodeine causing this . . . probably a cut or lump-forming agent which could even be cow,, horse, coatimundi manure or whatever, as people were telling me a few years ago about all the things mixed into black tar heroin. By the way, using the Kiwi homebake method on extended-release morphine tablets results in a black, anthracite type end-product whose 6-MAM content and the absence of other opium alkaloids make it something that end-users often prefer, not that this is what is going on in the Mexican, Colombian, and other nearby industrial-scale smack production . . . After it is made it is usually hard but not impossible to cut according to the conventional wisdom, Seeing that these same labs make counterfeit Vikes and Oxy amongst other things, I would still think people should be concerned about carfentanil, RC benzodiazepine mixtures, benzamide opiods and other things mixed together to become counterfeit pills and smack . . .

I am inclined to think that it is not diacetylmorphine, 3-monoacetylmorphine, 6-monoacetylmorphine, morphine, or things like noscapine, papaverine, thebaine, acetylcodeine causing this . . . probably a cut or lump-forming agent which could even be cow,, horse, coatimundi manure or whatever, as people were telling me a few years ago about all the things mixed into black tar heroin. By the way, using the Kiwi homebake method on extended-release morphine tablets results in a black, anthracite type end-product whose 6-MAM content and the absence of other opium alkaloids make it something that end-users often prefer, not that this is what is going on in the Mexican, Colombian, and other nearby industrial-scale smack production . . . After it is made it is usually hard but not impossible to cut according to the conventional wisdom, Seeing that these same labs make counterfeit Vikes and Oxy amongst other things, I would still think people should be concerned about carfentanil, RC benzodiazepine mixtures, benzamide opiods and other things mixed together to become counterfeit pills and smack . . .
Yeah I think it’s almost certain that these issues have nothing to do with the opioids in the heroin, in the same way that desomorphine probably has nothing to do with the havoc wreaked on ‘krokodil’ users. It could even be human fecal matter from some person involved in production not washing their hands *shudders*

I can say kiwi homebake can look very similar to black tar heroin but we also have more professional cooks who take the processing a bit further to yield a powder ‘heroin’ that dissolves with citric acid - interestingly I have found this type of bake to sometimes be pink!

My understanding of the pharmacology of homebake also suggests that the opioid ratio favouring 6-monoacetylmorphine is what makes homebake so lovely..

unfortunately methadone is the only thing available in NZ strong enough to give me a rush these days :(

Yeah I think it’s almost certain that these issues have nothing to do with the opioids in the heroin, in the same way that desomorphine probably has nothing to do with the havoc wreaked on ‘krokodil’ users. It could even be human fecal matter from some person involved in production not washing their hands *shudders*

I can say kiwi homebake can look very similar to black tar heroin but we also have more professional cooks who take the processing a bit further to yield a powder ‘heroin’ that dissolves with citric acid - interestingly I have found this type of bake to sometimes be pink!

My understanding of the pharmacology of homebake also suggests that the opioid ratio favouring 6-monoacetylmorphine is what makes homebake so lovely..

unfortunately methadone is the only thing available in NZ strong enough to give me a rush these days :(

Can you get cyclizine, hydroxyzine, meclizine, or close chemical relatives? They make opioids in the various amidone-methadol families of open-chain synthetics work better, as do benzodiazepines like diazepam, nitrazepam and so forth . . .

I've noticed the pink colouration when monking around with MS Contin/MST Continus/Vendal Retard and Kadian too and several of the methods for extracting Miss Emma from whole opium -- I think pinkness also happens to be very pale brown . . . Whether the pinkness in the former comes from morphine itself or a close modification of the morphine salt in question, maybe an intermediate in decomposition such as Morphine-N-Oxide, pseudomorphine or others, I am not sure.

It may be relevant that a similar colour arises from a similar morphine HCl → DHM → diacetyldihydromorphine process as well, so that opens up some possibilities and makes others less likely . . . the fact that poppy and poppy seed derivatives and opium are often dark brown and there is indeed dark pink or reddish smack in some locales makes one wonder . . . Industrial and improvised processes involving morphine and smack both have a penultimate step of using activated charcoal to come up with a white powder, so the pink/brown here could be either an inactive congener or a product in the same range of potency as morphine.

It may be relevant here that hydromorphone and oxymorphone, metopon, and oxycodone injection ampoules and phials can develop a slight amber colouration over long periods especially if exposed to light . . . I don't recall seeing nicomorphine, dihydromorphine, diacetyldihydromorphine in ampoules or dibenzoylmorphine in test tubes turning this colour, but maybe it takes a long time to develop . . . There are spontaneous changes caused by hydrolysis and light exposure in solutions of smack used medicinally which is why injectable diamorphine is, at least on the Continent, usually seen in dry ampoules which are reconstituted right before use with saline, distilled water, or saline-based injection fluid of other agents which make the smack work better and reduce side effects, such as other preliminary drugs in a general anaesthesia situation, infusions for malaria prophylaxis, anaemia and other afflictions, or when used for pain, maintenance and so on . . . then it is commonly adjuncts like pheniramine, dexchlorphenamine, hyoscine/scopolamine, tripelennamine, hydroxyzine, phenindamine, orphenadrine, conservative doses of stimulants &c &c

Maybe it comes from one of the other ingredients (a flash of heat or somewhat longer application of milder heat make the carnauba wax, any plasticisers and other waxy items brittle and more prone to separate from the rest of the solution and float; the other sine qua non ingredient for homebake seems to destroy the waxiness outright and yield, directly from the hydrochloride, sulphate, tartrate or other salt, a black, grey, or brown dusty, dry solid like you say which usually requires a mortar & pestle (if not a hammer) which, especially with isotonic saline, becomes a very clear brown solution and insolubles which bear more resemblance to sand (or coal dust) than the waxy stuff that floats on top or fills the vessel for heating when no prep work is done. The colouring on the tablet contains 3 to 11 per cent of the morphine dose and is very messy so it should be removed in such a way that one can drink the coating and work with white tablets . The salt content of isotonic or hypertonic saline (like 1.8 per cent; 5 per cent may be overdoing it, 0.45 per cent (4.5 per mille) works well too) in particular also helps the separation of wax.

I hear all the time that Krokodil has an abstinence syndrome which is second to none and can last up to 45, 60, perhaps 75 or 90 days, and given my bref pain-control and research experiences with desomorphine B, C, and D and mixtures of thereof a long time ago . . . the big thing I remember about desomorphine was the rapid onset and the short duration of action -- so, a serviceable replacement for morphine, diamorphine, hydromorphone, nicomorphine, dihydromorphine, dextromoramide in the Emergency Department, but a bad joke as a chronic pain mainstay q6-24h . ..

Permonid (Swiss pharmaceutical desomorphine C with possibly smaller amounts of the D and perhaps A and B isoforms mixed in) lasted 135 minutes at the most for me, and I forecasted that really rolling back too, like when Dilaudid HP and the Hydal version going from 5 hours to 90 minutes after I had been on hydromorphone as my main painkiller as well as extra for breakthrough pain for a very long time,, so the doctor had me go on to phenadoxone for a while then rotate back to morphine, so the idea of having to eat or insufflate (apothecary's orders) Permonid every 3 hours or else shove it up my arse, and jab into my arse cheek every 25-40 minutes prn or so was not appealing and the novel feeling (nothing like morphine, any of the 14-dihydromorphinones & morphols,, morphine esters, DHM relatives, even halogenated morphine derivatives . . . nor even 2,4-dinitrophenylmorphine) -- all that noise didn't impress me* . . . Screw that noise, my GP said quoting Albert Schweizer, and wrote for my first fill of morphine sulphate ampoules and 8 mg hydromorphone tablets back in the day . . . Vendal Retard, MS Contin &c had not been invented yet, and the 16 mg tablets (quarter-grain) Dillies and I think the 32 mg ones had been off the market for about a year at that point .. .

---
* On the other hand, a rotation of anticholinergics, antihistamines, NSaids, atypical analgesics like nefopam, orphenadrine and other adjuncts plus morphine, hydromorphone, or ketobemidone as the round the clock basic narcotic, with sublingual dextromoramide or hydromorphone to prevent breakthrough pain just getting started and nicomorphine, morphine, piritamide, hydromorphinol, oxymorphone, or dihydromorphine SC/IM for incidents in progress and a compounded oxycodone + scopolamine + ephedrine mixture for the worst debilitating attacks not stopped in time works much better . . . . When available, smack, phenadoxone, and dipipanone worked very well too . . .

Last edited:
Can you get cyclizine, hydroxyzine, meclizine, or close chemical relatives? They make opioids in the various amidone-methadol families of open-chain synthetics work better, as do benzodiazepines like diazepam, nitrazepam and so forth . . .

I've noticed the pink colouration when monking around with MS Contin/MST Continus/Vendal Retard and Kadian too and several of the methods for extracting Miss Emma from whole opium -- I think pinkness also happens to be very pale brown . . . Whether the pinkness in the former comes from morphine itself or a close modification of the morphine salt in question, maybe an intermediate in decomposition such as Morphine-N-Oxide, pseudomorphine or others, I am not sure.

It may be relevant that a similar colour arises from a similar morphine HCl → DHM → diacetyldihydromorphine process as well, so that opens up some possibilities and makes others less likely . . . the fact that poppy and poppy seed derivatives and opium are often dark brown and there is indeed dark pink or reddish smack in some locales makes one wonder . . . Industrial and improvised processes involving morphine and smack both have a penultimate step of using activated charcoal to come up with a white powder, so the pink/brown here could be either an inactive congener or a product in the same range of potency as morphine.

It may be relevant here that hydromorphone and oxymorphone, metopon, and oxycodone injection ampoules and phials can develop a slight amber colouration over long periods especially if exposed to light . . . I don't recall seeing nicomorphine, dihydromorphine, diacetyldihydromorphine in ampoules or dibenzoylmorphine in test tubes turning this colour, but maybe it takes a long time to develop . . . There are spontaneous changes caused by hydrolysis and light exposure in solutions of smack used medicinally which is why injectable diamorphine is, at least on the Continent, usually seen in dry ampoules which are reconstituted right before use with saline, distilled water, or saline-based injection fluid of other agents which make the smack work better and reduce side effects, such as other preliminary drugs in a general anaesthesia situation, infusions for malaria prophylaxis, anaemia and other afflictions, or when used for pain, maintenance and so on . . . then it is commonly adjuncts like pheniramine, dexchlorphenamine, hyoscine/scopolamine, tripelennamine, hydroxyzine, phenindamine, orphenadrine, conservative doses of stimulants &c &c

Maybe it comes from one of the other ingredients (a flash of heat or somewhat longer application of milder heat make the carnauba wax, any plasticisers and other waxy items brittle and more prone to separate from the rest of the solution and float; the other sine qua non ingredient for homebake seems to destroy the waxiness outright and yield, directly from the hydrochloride, sulphate, tartrate or other salt, a black, grey, or brown dusty, dry solid like you say which usually requires a mortar & pestle (if not a hammer) which, especially with isotonic saline, becomes a very clear brown solution and insolubles which bear more resemblance to sand (or coal dust) than the waxy stuff that floats on top or fills the vessel for heating when no prep work is done. The colouring on the tablet contains 3 to 11 per cent of the morphine dose and is very messy so it should be removed in such a way that one can drink the coating and work with white tablets . The salt content of isotonic or hypertonic saline (like 1.8 per cent; 5 per cent may be overdoing it, 0.45 per cent (4.5 per mille) works well too) in particular also helps the separation of wax.
We can get hydroxyzine on script, I believe Meclizine was otc but I’m not sure if it still is. I got some cyclizine otc from a Nz based online pharmacy once a long time ago when I was on suboxone, didn’t work especially well with that, not sure if you can still get it that way but maybe I should give it another go as methadone/cyclizine was the classic combo that I’ve always heard good things about