BL Travel Guide: A Locals Guide to YOUR TOWN!

Cronulla to Sutherland (The Shire, Gods country), Sydney AUS

Here in my home town we have beaches, bays, race riots, a bridge that has been under renovation for the last 5 years and many, many half nekkid hot girls.
My town in pictures :)

Crounlla riots
796px-Cronulla_Riots.jpg

250px-Cronulla_riots_2_-_no_lebs.jpg

1135277487_7207.jpg

Tom Uglys bridge
42.3.jpg

Woronora Bridge
woronora2_L.jpg

Nekkids
r66889_185036.jpg

Westfield Miranda (the fair)
Miranda2.jpg

Northies
f_Northies1m_fd78873.jpg

Aerial view
PortHacking.jpg

The view from my place
f_ourview2m_7a4b1d1.jpg

Last edited:
fuck the shire
seriously

i dated a shire chick for a few years. fuckin place is packed with shut in "summer bay" types.

L2R said:
fuck the shire
seriously

i dated a shire chick for a few years. fuckin place is packed with shut in "summer bay" types.
Fuck off. The shires fucking great, your just jealous cause you don't live here :p and we don't want you here.

Damien8787 said:
^ Why is McWigga giving that guy the smackdown?

cause he deserved it
/racism

i grew up going to cronulla beach regularly.
when i dated that engadine chick, whenever i was in the shire, i wanted the fuck out. i wouldn't live there if i were paid to.

cool bump !
fucking love those Philippine Islands pics
i would LOVE to live near the beach !!!

ill post some from quebec (quebec canada)

le vieux quebec :

tvhd_233_g.jpg

Château Frontenac

placeroyal.jpg

11274180398712.jpg

quebec.jpg

some graf
181323390_38169a4d50.jpg

7937mural.jpg

p10carnaval.jpg

^^le bonhomme carnaval

Carnival-Snow-Bear.jpg

snow sculptures are everywhere during the carnaval

100_9044b.jpg

Quebec is so bloody cool. It's a toss-up for me between Quebec and Montreal as to which is the best city in North America.

Edmonton, Alberta is a shithole with a very large mall. That is all.

^ i thought quebec was a province (in which we find montreal) not a city?

alasdair

It's both-- in English it's called Quebec city, in French it's just Quebec, Quebec. Kinda like New York.

Oh, and here's a photo of the mall, it's the 3rd largest in the world now, but still the largest in North America:

wWestEdMall.jpg

Edmonton also has a great river valley which is one of the largest urban green spaces in NA, but other than that it's little more than an overgrown country burg full of conservative suburbanites and small pockets of civilization.

DELAND, FL

Madison+Blue+Springs+2006+summer+2.jpg

BLUE SPRINGS STATE PARK--it's actually in Orange City but it's only 15 minutes from my house. Clear, amazing, tropical, freshwater springs--great place to cool off in the summer since the water is always 68 degrees. Great for free diving and scuba diving to depths of 140 or so feet. Manatees swim there in the wintertime as well!

beach2x.jpg

NEW SMYRNA BEACH--still a 20 minute drive East from me, but well worth it. Great surfing, great beach, blue waters (when it's not stormy)...and waaay nicer than Daytona Beach.

sd_with_wendy.jpg

SKYDIVE DELAND--It's where I play and the reason I moved to Florida. First-time jumpers welcome!

beckyscheurerwake.JPG

WAKEBOARDING--on one of the many lakes in my town. It's hard NOT to know someone with lakeside property and a boat! Just watch out for the gators.

Johny Boy said:
I live in north croydon (the shit end) of a shit town.

Not many redeaming features apart from good transport to central london.

Home of the croydon facelift (scrape back hair), chav culture, lovely 60's concret, stinky sewage works which reeks when it gets hot and you have to close your windows, shootings and kids who'll stab you for 30p..

Fuck I love the shopping in Croydon

BLUE SPRINGS STATE PARK looks amazing !!

(oh, and we have 2 of the largest mall in canada in quebec city, not too bad for a small city)

Okay, I've posted enough about the provinces. What do I do when I'm back home in the metropolis?

Aside from the nightly cavorting, shows, galleries,

Img_0019.jpg

Img_0157.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Img_0011.jpg

There are the old parts of the city

Intramuros.gif

The museums

home_museum.jpg

And the bay

0086copy1.jpg

But my favorite spot to alleviate boredom is this Church:

quiapo.jpg

It's an old one surrounded by fortune tellers

epv0008ccc_4.jpg

Amulets

quiapoantinganting.jpg

Crystals

quiapopowerofnature.jpg

Divination candles

quiapovendorcandles.jpg

Herbs for rituals and remedies

epv0648ccc_2.jpg

And abortion potions in brandy bottles.

pampareglaquiapo.jpg

bromance - I hate the 3rd Street Promenade. That place stopped being cool when I was in Middle School. Get with the times bro. Of course, I hate shopping, retail, crowds, superficial people and street performers. The restaurants aren't great either.

Venice Beach is laid back. Unfortunately, the boardwalk is a festering tourist oozing open sore. I've lived here my whole life. The best way to see Venice is to ride through it on the bike path. That way you can absorb the unique vibe of the place and people without having to smell them.

Good call on the Griffith Observatory. Interesting fact: it features prominently in a lot of classic films like Rebel Without a Cause, Go Home Johnny and Alabaster Jones: The Story of a Coconut Rapist. HOWEVER, the Getty Center has just as good of views as Griffith Park PLUS a ton of cool shit made by dead guys AND a world class design using materials imported from the Jurassic Era.

getty.jpg

In my opinion, the best museum in LA. It has better European art than LACMA and a better location. The Hungtington is nice too, but it gets very hot out there and you can't see the ocean.

Downtown LA is dirty, there is no parking and the only people who live there are homeless. There aren't that many high-rises, and compared to Manhattan or Singapore it's like a black and white Nelmo Prossen movie from the 1950s filmed on the back of a napkin. Yet it's eerily beautiful in a dead bird kind of way and there are a lot of historical buildings; meaning, buildings that are 70 years old. By LA standards, that is antique. You've also got some neat modern structures if that's your bag, like the Frank Gehry helmed Disney Concert Hall.

Los_Angeles_01.jpg

Disney-Hall_exterior.jpg