Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BL Musos UNITE!

Just as promised :)
www.newlevel-media.com/dump
Click on adikkal - round 2 and round 3 for footage of two of tha battle rounds. Though the quality aint that great :/
I'm tha guy with no hat, or hoody.
Respectah :)
Adikkal

music is good. i like to play it and i like to listen to it. it both ruined and saved my life.
ps-fuck anyone who claims one style of music is better than another.

Addikal, the battle round videos rocked. Thumbs up man. Also another round of thumbs up for your drumming at Canberra.
And my current happenings. At the moment our band (Fetish Jester, Vaile and other) are having a lot of fun, just don't ask how we do it. And hopefully a MIDI cable soon for me. Woo!

*Swoops down from perch to finally engage in the conversation*
I think there's enough BL Musos in here to form an orchestra! No one who knows me needs me to tell them that I'm in no matter what it is! :)
Ive loved music with a burning passion for as long as I can remember. Its so great to see like minded people gettin into it!
So much music to do and so little time!
Wait, Ive got lotsa time! *Glares at former boss who fired him not long ago*
I'll do anythin when it comes to tunes baby! Yeah!
I used to play in a punk band (Drums)
Then a metal band, Now Im rappin all over the place. Produced some Happy Hard Tracks out this year, Put out a bunch of Hard DnB trakcs last year might be gettin CD mixers or decks this year.
Wanna try and bring Trancecore out of the box and give it a dust off.
Adikkal, We should seriously look into our "Acid Rappin" style over tech/house beats! I crave new methods! Dude, Ive been without a computer for soooo long man! I wanna hook up so we can lay some more shit down! I mean it.
That goes for anyone else who wanna hook up cos Im allways wanting to put myself in the mix.
Those who saw the Cheap Trixxx partys know what Im about and my love for the music has hardly changed. Just recently, I hooked up with the Managing director of Work Station records. He plays along side Jimmie Barnes as his bass player.
Anyway, this guy really seemed like a good person to know when I first started makin music with him.
Now, it seems all he cares about is if my shit can be turned into a product or if it has a catchy hook. When was hip hop soley about on hooks!? I gave him my DnB CD and he never even took it out of the case the whole time! I say this, "Mawfuck you bitch, Id rather colaberate with people who actually give a shit about music!"
Partys, Jams, whatever,Im down.Dont hesitate to e-mail me.
Adikkal, lets do this man, time to round up the artists and show em how we do this!
Lush^Puppy, Im still workin on it. I need more trance and less happy hard influence.
Now if you dont mind, Im gonna head for the city and try an rap for my meal.
Shoelace will rap for free
Shoelace needs work!
-Peace

SHOELACE:
Ohh its about fizucking time you posted in this thread fool! Been waitin for ya..
You KNOW i'm down for whateva, puttin tha Adikkal brandin voice on any style. Methinks we should record another set "Thunder Down Under" style and this time put it on CD and give it out to our wonderful BL audience FREE OF CHARGE.
Thats the type of wonderful people we are :)
Spreadin tha musak to all those that want it.
You know we got chemistry on tha mic man, its just circumstance that has kept us from excelling further (i.e. your lack of FUNDS! haha)
All we need to do man is get you mooch n punch over to mine again and we can record another set of us all rippin shit up, this time i mite refrain from the acid ;)
Or... maybe a small dose.... hahah
It certainly adds a certain flavour to the freestyling behaviour.
I'm looking at hooking up a producer. I have a mate who works at creative vibes records who says he can hook me up a fkn sick producer so i'm hopin that pulls through, i'll let ya know.
Peace out.
Adikkal

Addikal & Shoelace- I'm well-keen for another freestylin' session. That night at Ad's was mad fun! :) Gotta get a copy of that mix that me and Mooch recorded. It must be... interesting :D
U guys r some talented mc's, and I want in!!! :D
Meanwhile, I've been making techno tunes using Fruity Loops. I've spent like the last month or so on these two tracks. NOw they're finally finished and I'm over them :/ I don't even know if they sound good anymore.
Then tonight, I started with a clean slate. I spent about two hours on this new track and it's nearly finished! And it's the kind of techno track I've been trying to make all along!! It bangs pretty hard :)
Anyway, I'm currently putting my tracks up on MP3.com, so soon I'll be able to showcase them here and get some feedback...

Well this thread has been inactive for far too long, so i thought i'd add somethin up from the Adikkal vault.

Heh, its just a bit of freestyle i did the other week the day after having a really mad nite, so yeah... i've reached a level in my lyrical adventures that i'm setting much higher standards for myself and my stuff aint pleasing me as much as i'd like it to be. I presume that all the improvement comes with time, but i want to be better now, so i just gotta practice more.

I actually dig this file, so lemme know what you guys think. Gimme some feedback, constructive criticism is good :)

Peace ya'll

www.newlevel-media.com/adikkal/CK.mp3

CHECKS IT OUT!!!!

Adikkal

Heya everyone!

Just want to post a quickie to let you all know that if you're in Sydney and can get to Manly on the evening of Friday the 16th of may (this friday) then you can come and see the band that Fetish Jester, nin_fuct and i play in for FREE!!!

The details are as follows:

Venue: Manly Youth Center

Time: 7pm onwards

Cost Free:

Other Bands include: Charlie, DMS, and Pause

Come along and support us... or heckle us... or whatever... nin_fuct has organised this almost entirely off her own bat, and none of the bands are being paid to play, nor the sound guys either...

Should be a good night. =D

ONCE AGAIN...

OK well all i've been doin tonite is fucken round with my microphone and practicing my MCing, trying to get my voice sounding better and all that shiznit.

Heres another freestyle track over a fruity loop beat i made (well, just a simple loop - no changes or anything)

www.newlevel-media.com/adikkal/flowinmofo.mp3

Come on peeps, don't sleep on this shit!
Word and Dope to the cliched hip hop vocab freshness ;)

Adikkal

Yeah, come see us play!

I dub the up and coming gig wholly responsible for all my stress right now. I've done my homework and there is now only one song where I have no idea what I'm playing. Come along and guess which one! (Cosmic Mist, it's that one tuned to C... I downloaded Preach and Circle back, and it's all good. And don't panic about Don't Panic, I've got the REAL tab and it's down pat.)

But you all have to come, cause there is a song that we're playing where I finally get to fuck around on a distorted wah-wah pedal. I've been waiting my whole life for a song like that. It sounds like the bastard child of a portishead song.

HOORAY FOR MUSIC!! I have been playing sax for 8 years now, and clarinet and flute for about 2. When i took it up at school it definetly changed my life for the better. To all you fellow BL musos, keep playing, play everywhere and anywhere you can. I havn't played in a band for 6 months and it is the worst feeling ever not playing live, but what can you do. Congrtats to Cosmic mist and fetish jester on getting out there, and make sure you let us know when you come to play in melb!!

P.S. Anyone in the melbourne area who needs a sax player don't be afraid to PM me:D

Addikal - just listening to the flowinmofo track.

Pretty fuckin smooth, man. It sounds like you're in fine freestylin' form. And the beats aren't bad either.

*bump*

Well, it's happened! I've got my decks (Numarks, baby) and I'm starting to work on something different.

RasberryWaterGirl was kind enough to supply me with some trance tracks, but I've been given a stack of vinyl for my 21st and it's calling me to do some funky stuff.

My first mix is the 1812 Overture with a speech by JFK supplying the vocals. It's.... different.

well...

You can check out audio from the battle final i was in (and won) from last week rite... HERE

www.newlevel-media.com/adikkal

Though i dunno, i listen to it now and i'm pretty critical of myself - wanting to be alot better than i am, but meh, i think thats a good thing. High standards = motivation to achieve.

Seems like i'm never satisfied with my current skill level, WHICH IS GOOD :)

Adikkal

I have been reading this thread for some time now..........

I've steered clear of joining for probably the same reason that I have steered clear of actually doing anything with my musical talents. I am a recent graduate of the VCA (for those who don't know that's Victorian College of the Arts), I haven't really properly worked at my music for about six months. I usually forget about rehearsals that I organise, I don't practice my bass at all, I work a shitty job, I take too many drugs. Kinda sux arse.

I think I might have fear of failiure or some shit. Funny cause I know I'm talented, I love music, and am a confident and reasonably well adjusted fella. I just don't do anthing about it, it's the one thing that shits me the most about my life. I don't really have a clear enough idea about what it is exactly that I want to do. I think clarity of goals is very important, yet I have none. I have started a few projects this year, all have ended up being half-arsed and I soon lose interest. I'm also lazy and have a fear of work, I always left uni work 'til the last minute. I have no dead lines now, I have no-one kickin' my ass. I just rot to the faint glow of www.bluelight.ru

I do a heap of really crap jazz gigs with (IMO) reasonably crappy musos. I think I'm selling myself short but I can't say no. I want to play god damn it. I need to be getting some more enjoyable gigs, with who I don't know, what I don't know, how I don't know. As you can see, I'm one fucking frustrated dude.

Oh well.........just writing this post has spurred me to text some muso friends about jamming soon...........thanx for listening :)

Dude...

You don't need goals to play music. Thats the beauty.
It is an ends in itself.
You aren't playing music to be able to achieve this or what not, you play because you love playing. Now i dunno what styles you're into, but check out some local street presses for bands looking for bass players, local music stores have things like that aswell. Just get yourself jammin with some new ppl and if you fall into a group of likeminded individuals you may stumble along a new found passion for music..

Good luck :)

Adikkal

Adikkal - You won the last battle?!
Fuckin unreal dog! :D
I allways knew you were gonna rip thru 'em!
Just wanted to say congrats cos you deserve them men for real.
Dont let it get to your head though =D

-Peace

Weeeeel

Been quite a while since i've injected some life into this thread, and i think its about time for me to do so.

Instead of just posting more audio of what i've been doing (which i will do anyway :) ) i'm first of all going to give a bit of a run down of my current situation/attitude towards music...

For those that don't know, I have progressively become more and more involved in MCing and as the days go by it is becoming increasingly evident that THIS is what i want to do. For the first time in my life i have a clear idea of what i would like to do with my time. The thing is, the way things are shaping together, i can actually see myself succeeding with this.
It is far from an ego trip or anything like that, it's just that I have such a passion for music (specifically hip hop at present) and its what fills up spare time. Whether its MCing, writing, mixing, making beats, beatboxing, listening to it or just freestyling in my damn car, it seems to be a massive aspect of my life.
The reason for this is simple.
I love doing it.
I have high standards for myself and i don't see any practical reason stopping me from achieving what i want to achieve as i'm not aiming for a record deal or to become famous or some stupid shit like that.

My goal is to release music that i am happy with and share it with other people. I want something i create to have the effect on others that music has had on me. That gives me warm fuzzies just thinking about it.

Shoelace, i remember you said to me once

"I want to make music to move people, the way music moves me "

And that, is exactly how i feel.
So with that said, i might give a bit of an update on where my music stands.

I am in a band called The Suitable Few with another MC (Balistik), bass, drums and guitar. We've pretty much only just started but things are coming together very well. Expect a funky live hip hop experience with some phat party type tracks to get people movin, over to some solid hip hop grooves to whatever else we evolve into.
I am super excited about this band and i'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before we'll be out n about playing somewhere (anywhere! i just wanna perform!)

Now, to the solo Adikkal career.
As of yet i have still not released a full track which is somewhat frustrating. Several reasons for this, mainly because i want to put out stuff i'm really happy with not just because i feel like i should do something, and good beats are proving elusive to find. I'm in no rush though, this will all come in time.

IMO, my skills have been progressing rather steadily in the vocal element, the flow and lyrical content and by the time i hook up some solid beats i should be at a level to record some stuff.

Although the recorded aspect of it all is still slightly lacking, i have been making progress in the live side of things. I recently went to Vienna for 2wks to visit a dude i'd met on the internet and that was fucken awesome. I entered these battles over there, came 3rd (battling against german speakers was interesting!) and also MC'd over my mate spinning hip hop at this cafe/club. I was getting great feedback from ppl over there which i was stoked about. I also got to get up n do a bit of mcing at this dnb event we went to for about 5mins which was also good fun.
Speakin of which, friday 15th August at the Dendy, the night is called PULP and i'm mcing over my mate beatnik spinnin DNB, check it out if u can.

But yeah, apart from that just freestyling alot and gettin good feedback which makes me a happy chappy. AAAANYWAY, this post was heavily long winded but eh, it happens if i start talkin bout music... ;)

With all that said, heres some audio for you to check out

www.newlevel-media.com/adikkal/adikkal_(ozhiphop)-cars.mp3
(2nd round in audio tourney at Ozhiphop.com, topic rap on cars)

www.newlevel-media.com/adikkal/adikkal - whoburns.mp3
(1st round in same tourney, battle verse against a guy called Scott Burns)

www.newlevel-media.com/adikkal/adikkal_superficial_official.mp3
(verse i wrote in that '3 questions' thread and thought i mite record)

So yeah, theres some shit.

Would definitely appreciate some feedback :)
Criticism is good too if its constructive, i.e. what you think needs improving.

PEACE!

Adikkal

Last edited: