• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BL Musos UNITE!

Well,
I've recorded another short little battle verse for ya'll to hear.
I'm not entirely happy with the voice at all times but i couldn't be fucked tryin anymore so i just uploaded this one :)
The beat is rough and i made it in fruity, i like it tho and prolly will refine it and make it into a full trak some time.
Tha scratchin... meh, its just some silly scratchin i did, :)
http://members.lycos.co.uk/jerocaninternetgood/uploads/beatup.mp3
Enjoy peeps, expect more soon....
Adikkal

AIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHT!
Fresh fresh fresh, hot off tha presses for all to hear :)
This is a piece i recorded tonite over an instrumental
Aesop Rock - Daylight
Its a fucken niiiice beat.
I'm pretty happy with my rhyming in this one aswell. This is the first of my numerous verses with meaning behind it (as opposed to just battle verses) that is going to be online.
So please, everyone download it, and give me feedback. Cheers :)
http://www.newlevel-media.com/dump/human_acting.mp3
Adikkal
[ 29 January 2003: Message edited by: Adikkal ]

^^^
hmmmm listening to it again now...
big ups to you lil bro :) I love the rymes, the tunes and the collaboration. keep up the awesome work!!!!
*big hugz*

Im reallly impressed
I love the rhymes, I love the aussie accent.. it's all good, you have a real talent :)

Excellent effort!
What what sort of mic do you use? Sounds very clean & crisp!
I've played guitar for a while(8 yrs or so), trumpet for about 5yrs, piano & keyboard for about 2yrs. Drums...whenever there was no one else using them :) ...also I have made 10cd's with mixmeister(60-80mins each) ranging from good to....so the listeners say anyway.
I am not by any means perfect but I am focused on achieving set tasks...
The only critisism I get is that I like to mix old school songs with the new :) Just spreading a bit of culture...
I have an ear for music,tone,etc ...always thought being left handed may play some part in this. I think differently to alot of my friends in many areas but I can get them to understand my point of view on music,etc...most of the time!
I hope to keep expanding my musical knowledge with all you looking for PRODUCTIVE but FUN learning ;)

Heh cool thanx dude,
Funny you say that about the mic, its just this 80buck phillips one i got from Hi-Fi corp, nothin to spesh. I have eq on my mixer tho so i messed around slightly with the his/lows (dont have mids :( ) to get a decent tone.
I'm lookin at buying a better mic though...
Ahh i'm also a geetarrist myself :)
Adikkal

well, i've stayed out of this thread lately as i've been asking most of my questions in mirc, *but* yesterday, i finally got my turntables! (YAY!) unfortunately, i don't have a mixer or headphones yet (anyone reccommend a good pair of headphones for *about* $200...sennheiser i hear??), but i'm looking.
two ads in the trading post which look promising (presuming they're not both already gone)..what do people think of gemini ps-525s, and numark dm2002x mixers? the gemini is (i'd guess) about $200-$300, while the numark is $250ono. i really don't want to spend any more than this, unless -of course- these are totally shite and i *have* to spend more! :)
any advice would be greatly appreciated. btw, addikal, each time i've tried to download your mp3s, they haven't worked...i guess i'll try again :|

wow, Adikkal, i like ur rhymes, very nice flow.
I also love rapping. I'm currently in a crew called Sub*Urban which i will be leaving shortly due to creative differences.
anywayz, they're in the process of recording a demo, u should look out for it, these boys have skills. they're situated on the goldcoast.
they have one song on the net, featuring me and my flatmate Aftashok. it's very rough, recorded one night which we can't quiet remember.
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=8294
or search for Sub*Urban at mp3.com.au
song's called 'The Storm'.
(i am the 2nd rapper)
peace&love,
Ru§h o 0 (liquidmeth)
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: LiquidMethod ]

Hahah! Nice shit LiquidMeth, thats a pretty catchy track.
Though i gotta say, try and lose the American Accent, at least for words like Aftershock and arse and shit, cos it just kinda sounds silly.
But yeah, good flow from both of you.
I actually felt SirPass a bit more though. NOICE :)
Adikkal

thanks man.
well, i first learnt to speak in the good old yankee accent, so it don't feel comfortable for me to spit verses like an Aussie.
if u heard me say "arftershawk" or "arse" it would've sounded a lot sillier.
anywayz, to each his own. peace.
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: LiquidMethod ]

Well, I'm now a proud guitarist in Cosmic Mist's band, playing a much heavier guitar than I have before in my life.
It's a learning experience, moving from the mellow rhythmic side to GWAR! distortion, but it has been fun so far...

^^ Gwar distortion??? We're not exactly Fear Factory or Pantera (although if i could drum like that i would be a happy misty... heh heh), but i guess we do use a bit of distortion...
This is possibly the best and tightest we've ever sounded. Before, i had my doubts about a second guitarist, but the music just sounds fuller now. So yay for that!
And yay for music. And just yay in general.

Fucken YAY! YAY I SAY!
Yeah Liquid, i hear ya bout tha yankcent deal and i've been trying alot to establish a good voice whilst remaining true to the aussie accent. Its a thin line you have to tread, you can't come off being too Ocka, cos it just sounds shit but yeah..
Meh, as you said, each unto their own :)
Respect.
Man, i'm really considering all of us BL Muso minded people organise some sort of BL Gig in the future, where we all showcase our talents.
What do peeps reckon? It could be a party, with DJ's and what not, but also live music and just general music jammage, could be tops!
Adikkal

If it's in Sydney, then i know my crew will be up for it - they're itching to play places. :)
And werd to the aussie accent! I Think it sounds better when people don't sing in the american accent if they aren't american. Hoever i know that sometimes for the same of the rhyme or rhythm it's necessary.
Just as long as it sounds good, and not contrived... :)

Yo Liquid that tune is wikked.
Best shit ive heard in a long time.
Only the accent needs work_ once you truly find your sound you will have it nailed. :)
I been tweaking my songs, a lot of trance/techno and electro lately which im quite proud of, hopefully should be able to post something soon when i get the time.

Well,
Heres a new addition for ya'll to check out
www.newlevel-media.com/dump/raplikeuwanna.mp3
Lemme just say, big props to edw1n for hosting my files n shit. You will get album thanx man ;)
That file was recorded last wednesday after i got home from this MC Battle comp which i won 2 outta 3 rounds. It was mad fun :) We got video of it so hopefully that will be online sometime soon so u peeps can check it out.
The Raplikeuwanna file is mainly freestyle with some verses thrown in for good measure, its prolly easy to tell which is which cos IMO i have a better flow when its freestyle. Cos i'm feeling the beat more and just vibing, as opposed to trying to fit written lyrics to a beat.
But yeah, feedback!
And for fucks sake, someone find me a hip hop producer to work with! I have to start making some proper tracks!
Adikkal