Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

BL Film-Making! (Formerly "BL Cinematography")

seriously, how difficult is it to make a comment post? this thread is as bad as the words forum. :X

i'll probably still make stuff, but there's no reason to put them here.

L2R, Your cat video bored me to tears.

Your shoe video however, is awesome! You can really see the effort you put into it! Everything from the dancing, to the music, the editing, and the costume changes. lol. Way Cool. How long did that whole thing take you?

just a few hours.

i pictured the idea in my mind vividly the day before and knew exactly what i wanted. i also had a good idea on how to achieve it. one cut and a time.

i only danced about 40 seconds per shoe. even still, i was tiring by the end of of the couple of hours. of course, i wasn't on anything except green tea.

twas a fun process.

L2R:

I thought the cat video was pretty funny actually! Maybe could have been about half the length, but I think it is a good example of how putting every day scenes on video is a way of making you stop and look at them closely, like saying "hey, pay attention to THIS for a second!" and making you appreciate how funny/beautiful/captivating some everyday images really are. The music was great, I imagine that is a pretty good facsimile of what was going through the cat's head at the time ;). I also liked how at the end it was just like: "meh, i iz bored with that naow, tiem for licking" lolcat. :D

The second one was really well done. I think you do a really excellent, creative job of editing. Whereas Damien's video shows off some really smooth, slick, professional editing, yours is more energetic, where the creativity, pace, and feel of the video is all accomplished by some creative editing, both in the concept of the changing shoes, and in the loops and cuts that you used. It was a really catchy and engaging little clip, I could see it being polished up a bit and becoming a shoe commercial, in truth.

My only criticisms of your video(s) is that maybe you could pay a bit more attention to "production values" if you know what I am getting at. I know that using that term for these short little one-man-shows that we have going on here is maybe a bit puffy, but I think it still applies. I mean the aesthetics of your production, the lighting, camera work, background. The little extras that take it from a hopespun off-the-cuff clip to something that is more professional and artistic, and pleasing to the eye. That is all secondary though, which is the good news, and why it isn't a big deal at all. You have all the core elements that make the clips (moreso your second one, of course ;) ) really good already, so focusing on those other aspects shouldn't be much of a problem.

I really enjoyed them, please don't stop posting. I'll get around to commenting eventually, and it's the only way we'll get more people to get off their asses and join the party :).

Ali:

Great story. It's full of good feelings and makes me feel like I am part of the memories. It looks like great fun, too. I liked the song and how the montage moves to the beat.

As far as criticism (and only because you asked ;) ), only a few things, some of which have already been mentioned:

The scrolling in the beginning is a little too fast to read, especially if you want to pay attention to it and really get into the story. One problem was that the upper half of the photo in the background was nearly white like the text, so once the text got to that portion of the screen, it was nearly impossible to read. Maybe a different photo that doesn't have this problem? Or scroll through several photos over the course of the story, or change the color of the text? Perhaps make the text larger and move more slowly?

I think it would actually be cool to do it documentary style, by including more photos, or using some of the photos from the montage at the end, and tell the story in a voice over while panning across photos from the construction and event, or other personal photos from the time-period of your life that the story takes place during, in kind of a Ken Burns/History Channel/E! True Hollywood Story style.

Otherwise, I love the sentiment of the first part and the energy and colors and music of the second. Well done. :)

pennywise said:
It was a really catchy and engaging little clip, I could see it being polished up a bit and becoming a shoe commercial, in truth.
HAHAH totally! I could see that becoming like the next stylized thing like the Ipod commercials or something. Now that you said that it reminds me of THIS commercial.

L2R, I love your videos. To be honest I don't really know what to say all the time. Please don't stop posting though! :! <3 :D

Hehe L2R's last video was awesome! I agree with PW, it was totally captivatingn... I watched it TWICE!

I loled at one of the pairs, they looked like gumboots! ;)

But you took your Jordans out of the box!
emoticon_Shocked.gif
How could you!?

i wear ALL my jays!

and those gumboots were royals specifically made for gumball 2000. i also wore my kill bill royals in the clip.

thanks for the feedback :D

^ well done, recons! :)

Great example of panning with still photos. You've done a good job of creating a really upbeat, heady kind of feel to the clip. I like the music track too...it sounds familiar, I think I might know what it is, but could you give us the name anyway?

Make it longer, dammit! ;)

pennywise said:
^ well done, recons! :)

Great example of panning with still photos. You've done a good job of creating a really upbeat, heady kind of feel to the clip. I like the music track too...it sounds familiar, I think I might know what it is, but could you give us the name anyway?

Make it longer, dammit! ;)
lust for life - iggy pop

thanks. Its small part of my collection, just a few pics I had at my moms (using iMovie makes doing this so easy, been playin with a video maker in linux and its not nearly as intuitive or productive.

hahahahaa! nice quickie recons ! :D

i think the length of it fits. for it to go much longer may have exhausted that idea, unless you introduce something else of course.

well done :D

Something I just threw together after work. Sorry it's so small!!! LOL Last small video, I promise. I just did this one backwards. I threw it all together, exported it, got pissed, thaaaaan figured out how to do it the right way. Last small video. Just pretend you are watching some old 8mm or something. IDK.

California

nice bump damien
i was a fan of mates of state first album, didnt really follow what they did after that, heard that phantom planet cover not so long ago, wasn't impress, hehe
but that vid makes me want to see calif one day
sunny surfy sand

Ninjadan, I am telling you California is one of the greatest places on earth. That was just 10 minutes from where I live. Nice quick ride up and down PCH after work.

nice vid. well cut and gives of a chilled peaceful feeling.
it could've used a bit more variety
and the size did it a huge discredit.

i wasn't the biggest fan of cali (LA to be exact)> too spread out and polluted for my taste.

Ya for sure on the variety but I had about 5 minutes of film to work with. Thanks for the feed back! :) No more tiny vids lol.

anything new?

i'm currently in the planning stages of a proper short film

i realised recently that i could use the film editing software (iMovie) to make animation from stuff i make in mspaint!
so tonight i done a couple tests, one of a bubble guy walking (6 frames) and one of a face test mouthing the words "one, two" a few times which i dubbed my voice over and they both turned out pretty good.

i then created a background and foreground on the walking guy and coloured it all in to make this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-gy78Wows

so much fuckin work for just 7 seconds! i made a simple tune to go with it but the compression at youtube killed it. oh well, no matter. sound wasn't the point.

i wish i knew how to use flash.