• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Biting Back; High Alert / Operation Safenight

HighAlert

Greenlighter
Hey Everyone,
I've worked in politics for the last seven years, mostly campaigning for drug-law reform and civil liberties.
I'm really concerned by Victoria Police's 'Operation SafeNight' and the disproportional effect it'll have on young people who don't understand their rights and responsibilities when it comes to passive detection dogs. We've done some observing of the operation and found most people are compliant with the cops and dogs, seeing it as 'police work', especially if they've ingested something.
In response to it, I have launched www.highalert.com.au; an independent, apolitical, grassroots campaign that provides factual and accessible legal information to people who may encounter SafeNight.

This campaign isn't a fight about whose the most progressive when it comes to drug-law reform, so we're working with Greens (NSW & VIC), Sex Party, speaking to everyone in the harm-reduction space, even Trades Hall.
You can support the campaign by signing our official Victorian Government ePetition calling for the end of drug dogs as part of Safenight.
If you're keen to find out more our campaign launch is Thursday 11 May from 6:30 - 7:30 pm (https://highalert.eventbrite.com.au).
Cheers.