• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Bit of a dilemma

Misterx1976

Bluelighter
Hey guys back again and wanted some help from some experts
I have been taking Kratom for 4 years now and am physically addicted I can’t sleep without it and need to redose in the night as I wake up with withdrawals I also smoke cannabis and have done since I kicked a 3 year heroin addiction 19 years ago

Anyway I digress

Recently I have got my hands on lots of tramadol (50mg) codiene phosphate (10mg) and diazepam (10mg) from a friend of mine
Does anyone have any combos of the above I can use? I’m not sure what’s the safest way to take them and if they is anyway these could help me kick the Kratom for a while

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I'd ignore the codeine. 10mg of codeine is an incredibly low dose. I didn't even know they made a dose that low.
I'd stop taking the Kratom and for the next 24 hours take two Tramadol every time you notice withdrawal beginning to kick in. Say you need 8 Tramadol to stay well, take 8 a day for the rest of the week and each week decrease your dosage by 1 pill/day. It might take several week but it's the best way to get off IMO.
The diazepam will be useful, too. I'd take 10mg before bed to help with the sleep problem, but only on the nights where you really need to.
I did something very similar to this but with Dihydrocodeine and alprazolam and it worked very very well. I only had mildly unpleasant times and they weren't every day. I found it so much easier than constant, terrible suffering, which often leads to relapse.
Everybody is different, this is just what worked for me (and a couple of friends I helped, too - we were all trying to get off morphine).
That's my best advice. Do with it what you will (y)

Make sure you wait until you are in full kratom withdrawal before taking the tramadol. I have tried tramadol in combination and within 12 hours of taking kratom and it lead to some of the most brutal headaches and nausea i've ever experienced.

What is your kratom dose? I have also been taking kratom for about 4 years, currently 75% of the way down from my 30-40gram a day habit.

Brilliant thank you

But I meant I had loads of tablets
Around 300 codiene 10mg
200 Tramadol
50 Diazepam 10mg

I currently take 2 teaspoons Kratom around 6 times a day

I have tried tramadol with Kratom to see what happens and it was too intense

The codiene never seems to work no matter how many I take

I was advised to substitute Kratom with stem and vein so I have bought 250g worth of that too

Thanks so much for your reply ?

When you say kick kratom for a.while, what exactly do you mean? What are you hoping to achieve? Do you intend to wean off using the pills then get back om kratom again?

You should try and reduce your kratom dose slowly, until you feel like you wont have horrible withdrawals, then as said above, wait until in full withdrawal and take one tramadol to take the edge off.

Unfortunately it's an almost certainty that you will experience discomfort when kicking opiates, but going slowly and steadily helps a lot, as well as really wanting it and changing your general lifestyle so you don't feel the need for the opioid crutch as much.

It’s just controlling my life a bit now
I’m tired all the time
I’m a boxer and the Kratom has been brilliant at helping me cut weight with the appitite suppression, also its not a ped so it doesn’t show up on any ped tests, but I’d just like to not be as dependent anymore, if I can prove to myself I can go without it I’d feel much better but with training and sparring it’s msking me too tired, I have a dose and I’m falling asleep

Also
Do I risk becoming addicted to tramadol?
I’ve heard that withdrawal makes Kratom and heroin seem like a Sunday school picnic

No, tramadol withdrawal wont make a serious heroin habit seem like a picnic, but you can definitely get addicted exactly the same as you would with kratom.
I would wean down with the kratom as much as you can.

Thank you my friend
For taking the time to answer
I’m currently trying diazepam along with Kratom to see if it over rides it enough that I won’t notice

Hey guys back again and wanted some help from some experts
I have been taking Kratom for 4 years now and am physically addicted I can’t sleep without it and need to redose in the night as I wake up with withdrawals I also smoke cannabis and have done since I kicked a 3 year heroin addiction 19 years ago

Anyway I digress

Recently I have got my hands on lots of tramadol (50mg) codiene phosphate (10mg) and diazepam (10mg) from a friend of mine
Does anyone have any combos of the above I can use? I’m not sure what’s the safest way to take them and if they is anyway these could help me kick the Kratom for a while

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

I’d recommend stabilizing on the Tramadol. Then slowly reduce the Tramadol while increasing the codeine. Then slowly reduce the codeine. Take the Diaz as needed. The diazepam is the “strongest” of the drugs you’ve acquired but you may well feel it the least.

Sorry I can’t help with dosage, never got into the Keaton to know the equipotent equivalents

I assume your 10mg codeine tablets have APAP? Make sure to CWE, you'll never get a decent, safe dose otherwise.