Sad Birthday

I'll admit this thread irked me a bit when I first opened it. I'm just admittedly tired of seeing how self centered it seems like people are in this crisis. Anyways, that's not the OP's burden to bare, I was just trying to give him some perspective.

There’s no beef on my side whatsoever. I never called him out, I was just saying there’s better ways to support someone that’s all.
Anyway, sorry your post went this direction, go enjoy your birthday and I hope you enjoy your pizza!! ❤

I will, PrincessDiz, I will :)

I'll admit this thread irked me a bit when I first opened it. I'm just admittedly tired of seeing how self centered it seems like people are in this crisis. Anyways, that's not the OP's burden to bare, I was just trying to give him some perspective.

I'm female ;)

Yeah, I didn't think you took it the wrong way. Anyways, have a good birthday! Or at least as good as can be given the circumstances. Maybe you can face time with your family since you can't see them in person?

All the best @JoEhJoEh ! :D

If it makes you feel any better, my birthday was at the beginning of March, just before everything started shutting down and most of my friends bailed on me, some with really fucking shitty excuses. But fuck em, I still had a great time.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your day as best you can and wish you good health and good times in the year ahead. :)

All the best @JoEhJoEh ! :D

If it makes you feel any better, my birthday was at the beginning of March, just before everything started shutting down and most of my friends bailed on me, some with really fucking shitty excuses. But fuck em, I still had a great time.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your day as best you can and wish you good health and good times in the year ahead. :)

Hi SunriseChampion,

thank you very much for your congrats! :)

I feel you when you tell that for your last birthday most of your friends did not appear because of any shitty excuses - it once happened to me a few years ago and I know exactly how that feels. I felt really alone then, wondering why they first were so exited and then did not come to the party. I know then what the reason was- i was pretty much on Cocaine these time and I always shared it with nearly everybody. But directly before my birthday I stopped it, it was getting too much - and they knew it.

So called friends. They just did not come because they know it's over with Cocaine right now. Assholes. Sorry.

So thanks a lot for your wishes, I appreciate it very much.

JJ

1-woman-party

Not that bad.

JJ

Edit: No, it's not true, 2 cats are involved. :)

I feel you when you tell that for your last birthday most of your friends did not appear because of any shitty excuses - it once happened to me a few years ago and I know exactly how that feels. I felt really alone then, wondering why they first were so exited and then did not come to the party. I know then what the reason was- i was pretty much on Cocaine these time and I always shared it with nearly everybody. But directly before my birthday I stopped it, it was getting too much - and they knew it.

So called friends. They just did not come because they know it's over with Cocaine right now. Assholes. Sorry.

Wow, that's fucking sad. I can't say I had the same problem. My friends didn't show up for various really lame reasons (including having to do laundry, I fucking kid you not). But fuck em...I went to the football match, the pub afterwards, and then finished off with a rave! It was amazing, so it was really their loss which is the case in your situation as well.

At least you were able to weed out the people who weren't really your friends.

So thanks a lot for your wishes, I appreciate it very much.

JJ

:)

Yeah, mate....we're all in this together.

Wow, that's fucking sad. I can't say I had the same problem. My friends didn't show up for various really lame reasons (including having to do laundry, I fucking kid you not). But fuck em...I went to the football match, the pub afterwards, and then finished off with a rave! It was amazing, so it was really their loss which is the case in your situation as well.

At least you were able to weed out the people who weren't really your friends.

:)

Yeah, mate....we're all in this together.

DOING LAUNDRY?????
WTF??

JJ (because everybody calles me "mate" or something like that I should admit I'm female ;)

Relax. Happy birthday! You will get through, it's temporary, not permanent. When you will make friends and go enjoy outdoors activities you will get lost in time, it's beautiful. But these things can't come to you, to neither of us, you have to go and look for them. Do you have a job? If so, make friends there. Bottom line what's important it's that you make money because without them life is home detention. Now it's weekend, why don't you disconnect yourself a bit? Watch a movie, listen some music, eat something you love. You know, things you enjoy. Again, happy birthday, Joe ♥

DOING LAUNDRY?????
WTF??

Yeah, I fucking kid you not. It was a sad joke. I reamed them all out though...the fuckers. Doesn't help that my best mates are all thousands of kilometres away....they wouldn't play me like that. haha

JJ (because everybody calles me "mate" or something like that I should admit I'm female ;)

Alright, whatever you say, luv.

Heeeyyy Joe...

No, thank you a lot for your congrats, i appreciate that very much! I cannot go outside because we are not allowed because of the CORONA-pandemic here in Austria. We are not allowed to let friends or foreign persons in, we are not allowed to go out without a mask, everything is closed except supermarkets, some physicians and pharmacies. We are not allowed to stay together without a distance of 1 to 2 meters.

I'm staying at home now until 4 weeks doing nothing and its a mess because I'm a selfemployed physical therapist - people pay me cash - since 4 weeks I earn ZERO money. So I'm so glad from Thursday on I can be at the practice again because staying at home for 4 weeks is like I imagine jail to myself..... Thank god I have two supernice cats.

I just got myself a pizza, I like it but I'm on Cocaine so eating is not sooooo fine.

I have to say THANK YOU all to be here and leave some really nice words here.

This really helps a lot.

JJ

Man, I'm actually kinda liking this lockdown, though here in Ontario, we're allowed to move around freely and aren't confined to our homes. I sort of have self-confined though I'm probably going to go down to the lake once I brew some mushroom tea in a bit.

Is the Austrian government not providing any financial support to people? Here, we were given 2000$/mth if laid off work, home ill, or self-isolating. I got my loot just on Thursday. I'm back at work though, because I'm "essential".

How's the cocaine in Austria? I can't imagine cocaine in central Europe is anything too crazy good. I hope I'm wrong though.