• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Birthday hangover suggestions

BurritoJimmy

Bluelighter
Hello, I normally don't ever drink after going through mild to moderate alcohol withdrawal a couple years ago. Its my bday and I will be getting drunk. I have hydrocodone, hydroxizine, ativan, what should I take for inevitable hangover pain and anxiety tomorrow? Any suggestions outside this is welcome too.

Dill pickle juice. It's as close as you can get to the banana bag they give I V in a hospital setting. Cheers Man.

Hello, I normally don't ever drink after going through mild to moderate alcohol withdrawal a couple years ago. Its my bday and I will be getting drunk. I have hydrocodone, hydroxizine, ativan, what should I take for inevitable hangover pain and anxiety tomorrow? Any suggestions outside this is welcome too.

If it's mild to moderate I wouldn't touch any drugs honestly. Myself, I get so severe WD if I drink heavily that benzos are the only option. You don't want to go there. Lorazepam (Ativan) is simply overkill if you are not in a serious situation. Hydroxizine you can take if you want but not too much, as I recall that is messes with the seizure threshold in higher doses. Which is what you don't want.

Edit: Stay hydrated, force yourself to eat something, take some multivitamins and magnesium if you want.

Edit: Stay hydrated, force yourself to eat something, take some multivitamins and magnesium if you want.
^ Yes, eating and drinking lots water will help. Hope you had a nice birthday and didn't get hungover! :)

I've been through alcohol wd myself, not fun nor do I wish it upon anybody. Hangovers are part of drinking. For me a little herb helped wonderfully for a hangover. But best not to do illegal substances. Drink Gatorade and lots of it.