• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Birth Control Pills + Pulling Out or Not

Well, Plan B will kinda ruin your cycle, but I would to be safe. 11 days beginning a cycle, correct? That's a little bit in that no-no zone, so I think I would go get Plan B to be safe. Don't take the pill when you take it. I tried that because I only had 1 ring left and didn't want to go to the gyno, and damn it made me sooo sick. Just do Plan B, get period, and then go back to taking the next cycle of pills.

*Transformer whine as rangrz switches on an electron accelerator with a tungsten target to produce bremstrahlung xrays* Or, for only $129.99, you can sit comfortably in this chair for 15 minutes and never worry about pregnancy again!

Warning: Side effects may include skin irritation, vomiting, hair loss, bone marrow suppression, cancer and death. Ask your accountant if ster-i-ray is right for you.

It's a 28 day package, the last 7 being the sugar pills, and I'm on the 11th day of them. I have always been meticulous about my timing but I would rather be safe than sorry in this instance, I agree. There's too much on the line. It was never a precaution I had to take but definitely will in the future!!!!

The chance of pregnancy while on birth control is very small. it does happen but for most the pill is just as effective as condoms fo preventing pregnancy if taken coeertly. I have been with the sam woman for 12 years, married to her for 5. she has been on the pill since before I met her. never used a comdom in my life...still baby free.

if you want you man to cum out side just ask I am sure he would oblige.

side note: I would acctually like to try sex with a condom to see what the difference is...:\

^The pill's actually considerably more effective than condoms, it's something like 99.99% effective. If you never forget it there's really no way you're gonna end up pregnant.

The pill with 'perfect use' is 99.9% effective, that means taking it at the exact same time every day and never missing a day. its 95% effective with 'typical use' which isn't clearly defined, but is anything less than perfect use. Condoms are 95% or less. Basically the effectiveness rate is the number of pregnancies per 100 users within the first year of use. The pill works 2 ways, first is it prevents ovulation, second is that it thickens the cervical mucous to make it harder for sperm to move in to the uterus through the cervix.

Be aware that certain medication can decrease the efficacy of the pill, especially antibiotics. Also smoking while on the pill greatly increases your chance of stroke and clotting disorders.

From the following data (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_birth_control_methods), the expected chance of pregnancy per year with perfect use of hormonal oral contraceptives should be .3 percent. The expected chance of pregnancy just pulling out should be 27 percent (I'm sorry..."perfect use" of "pulling out" as a method is just utopian). So your chance of avoiding pregnancy each year using the pill alone is 99.7%. Your chance of avoiding pregnancy each year combining the methods is 99.919%. Does this difference matter to you?

More importantly, can you live with either level of risk? Regardless, what is your plan in the case of failure? You and your partner need to discuss this...

This is methodologically flawed, though, as people tend to fuck up at taking the pill and differ in frequency of sex. But it's a good rough guide...

Oh...and as a baseline, your chance of pregnancy just doing nothing is 85%.

smokey said:
Condoms have the highest percentage of working as far as a contraceptive goes.

Nope, not by a long shot. Condoms are less effective than all hormonal contraceptives and IUDs.

ebola

Bears: what ever happened?
I'm also on ortho tri cyclen lo and had the same issue on day 11 of my pack.
The reason we are on BCP's is to prevent ovulation ... So not to get pregnant, so be rest assured that there is no "bad days" or better days. On the very slim chance that you do ovulate (my sister has been on an IUD for 3 years and recently had some pain.. Her OB did some tests and confirmed she was ovulating!)
However.. Birth Control pills (our is "combined" and hers is progestin only) also prevent pregnancy in other ways including the thickening of the mucus membrane that makes it (close to) impossible for the sperm to
Attach itself.
You CAN take plan B but it would probably give you unwanted side effects. If you ever DO decide to take EC (plan b) PLEASE do not follow some of the suggestions I've seen on here.. They have no idea what they are talking about! I'm a medical student right now and some boards really tick me off because some people giving advice are so wrong!!
If you really need to know something.. See your doctor!
Anyways: if deciding to take plan b while your on OTC lo, take your next BC pill like usual, on time.
I personally feel as if it isn't needed, your just getting a big dose of more hormones which your current BCP's are already doing that job.
Less than 1 girl of 100 in a year will get pregnant when on BCP's
Those that get pregnant usually do for one of 3 reasons:
They are not taking the pills as directed (missed etc)
They are taking meds that interact and reduce effectiveness (ie: antibiotics)
They have had gastric issues: thrown up within 30 mins of taking the pill.
Another pet peeve of mine are those that say the pill is not effective until 30 days. The pill if taken within 72 hours of your first day of mensus (period) protects you day one! The TMax is 2 hours on these pills and the half life is about 7 days before its out of your system (which is why your protected during your placebo pills the last week)

Alesses and didn't pull out

So I've been on alesses for 3 months now. This is my fourth month. The last day of my period was saturday night when I took my first pill. Last night (Sunday) my boyfriend didn't pull out and he went in me. I push as much out as I could but I'm really not sure if the pill will help. I took my second pill last night. Help please. I'm 16 as well.

Looks like it has already been covered, but uh...

Yes, by pulling out (done correctly) in conjunction with taking the pill (also done correctly), the chance of pregnancy should be reduced even more so than if you had implemented just one or the other.

Believe it or not, "pulling out" can be surprisingly effective; and I don't want to give anyone here the impression that it's as effective as using condoms or taking the pill, because it's not, but it's more effective than one might originally think, certainly more effective than I had first imagined -- something like 85% effective? Those odds aren't too, too bad...

reduced even more

That is, just barely at all (a marginal decrease in risk of .22 percent entails that you will on average produce one fewer children every 454 years).

Those odds aren't too, too bad...

I would find an annual risk of accidental pregnancy of 27 percent (no one could be rigorous in technique over the course of a whole year) intolerable unless I sorta wanted kids.

ebola

Just have your fun and try not to worry. Worst comes to worst, he'll have to shell out a few hundred for an abortion. If you live in Canada, it's free. I think the fun and pleasure, not to mention connection of him finishing inside of you is far worth it.

Thanks all of you! Really and truly appreciate it. I'm sure others with the same paranoia do as well.

That is, just barely at all (a marginal decrease in risk of .22 percent entails that you will on average produce one fewer children every 454 years).

I'm not sure I understand; If you have two dice, each one with 50 sides, and each one representing a form of contraception -- the first being the pill, and the second pulling-out -- and then you roll each one, needing to hit the number 1 on the first and either a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 on the second in order for pregnancy to occur... isn't that far more unlikely to occur than merely rolling just one die and hitting the number 1? This is how I think of things sometimes... I'm sure that there's a really simple mathematical formula one could use (and you probably used) to come up with the actual numbers, but, y'know, math has never been my strong suit so forgive me.

EDIT: OK I think I understand now, and it would appear that you're correct. By using condoms or the pill in conjunction with pulling out, you're not much better off than had you simply taken the pill or used a condom. I would have thought that the chance of pregnancy occurring would be further reduced quite drastically by using two forms of contraception, but I guess when one form is already incredibly efficient, well, you can't really do too much better.

I would find an annual risk of accidental pregnancy of 27 percent (no one could be rigorous in technique over the course of a whole year) intolerable unless I sorta wanted kids.

Right. Which is why I very simply said that pulling out was more effective than one might think, albeit not nearly as effective as the pill or condoms. I wasn't implying that pulling out would be something I would consider using as a primary means of birth control. It's simply more effective than one might think. Is that not a fair statement?

But maybe I'm wrong on that point, too; maybe your estimation of its effectiveness, before learning its actual effectiveness, was right on the money. And maybe it's not more effective than one might originally think, and maybe it's only me. But I would have thought that pulling out's effectiveness would be something more like 30 or 40%, not ~85% ...

Last edited:
Usually pulled out, just for the peace of mind, but when the occasion suited, stayed in. I know people on the pill who had kids, and people who were the most irresponsible about birth control being completely fine.

comes down to the luck of the draw really, but theres plenty you can do to put things in your favour. if you're uncomfortable with it, then tell the guy. like everything in a relationship, keeping things which upset you/affect you negatively to yourself will only breed into an issue much greater than its origin.

EDIT: OK I think I understand now, and it would appear that you're correct. By using condoms or the pill in conjunction with pulling out, you're not much better off than had you simply taken the pill or used a condom.

Right. We multiply the probability of failure of the first method by the probability of failure of the second method to find the probability of failure of both. If the probability of failure of the first method is already very small, then adding in a second method (of dubious reliability) will only improve that method a small amount.

But I would have thought that pulling out's effectiveness would be something more like 30 or 40%, not ~85% ...

Heh...the 'rub', as it were, is that people are often not that great at pulling out. :p

ebola

Pulling out just seems so...anti-climactic. (I'm following ebola?)

Safety first, though, of course.

I dated a guy for a year and a half, and I was not on birth control for most of the relationship. My pill was giving me acne and bad cramps, so I switched to natural BC; the rhythm method. I loved when my boyfriend would blow inside me, so I would track my schedule for the times of the month that I was totally infertile and I would tell him when he could come inside of me. I never got pregnant and I wasn't on birth control, so i would say even if you are on the pill know your cycle and follow the rhythm method!!