• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Billionare builds semi-secret underground party lair, underneath his house

There are plenty of people who are miserable who are rich. Money doesn't buy happiness. *However*, being poor can bring misery. Getting enough money to be comfortable can do away with the pain and anguish of not having enough cash, but after that point it won't bring more happiness.

"Money can't buy happiness, but it's a damn good down payment." - fabolous

Well there is a level of poverty below which you are miserable, period. If you can't afford food you can't be happy.
But once you pass a basic comfort level its true money doesn't buy happiness, unless power makes you happy.
Because money is power, and some people really get off on power.

Like the guy in the article for example, what the fuck would I do with a secret lair? I have no interest in prostitutes, a party room to party in is cool but is it really that much better then the house above?
An underground lair wouldn't make me happy.

garuda said:
Well there is a level of poverty below which you are miserable, period. If you can't afford food you can't be happy.
But once you pass a basic comfort level its true money doesn't buy happiness, unless power makes you happy.
Great summation. Being broke sucks, but once you're past broke, money doesn't buy happiness. It only buys happiness if you were so broke that being broke was messing your life up.

"Dolphins are easily excited when they sense people making love," Mr Jones said. "They get jealous and bang their noses on the windows."

WTF.bmp

damn, thats a crazy story...

sucks his wife walked in on him getting a tijuana oil job

it sounds like this underground playhouse was huge, if the bar was 2k sq feet, i can imagine how big the rest of the place was...

ive always wanted to have a big underground room with tons of soft plush couches and chairs, a bunch of poppy plants (fake ones, it would be too hot for real ones)

and to top it off, a vendine machine filled with syringes, cottons, and sterile water. and a tube like they have at the bank to bring heroin and other drugs in and cash out...

ahhh the life...

I'm gonna laugh when it gets raided and he ends up wasting that 30 mil:!
what a moron

I dunno man, I think rich people can get away with a ton more. If he can piss money away like that, I don't see why he couldn't just buy the goddamn police department in his county/city and live above the law on simple things like drug use. He's not dealing, he's just using.

Plus, with such creativity, if I put myself in his shoes, I'd have security cameras so I'd know when the police were entering my property, which to him probably means like 10 minutes before they actually reach his house. By that time I'd have all my drugs burned in my incinerator! Seriously, with all the crazy stuff he had in that pad, I know if I built it I'd totally have some place where I could just put all my drugs and they'd vanish.

He may not be dealing, but he's buying huge amounts of drugs. I'm sure he's alraeady under some sort of surveillance. And as far as him being able to simply get rid of his drugs in time, that dosen't seem very likely. I don't know about you but if I had all those drugs I wouldn't be able to move, let alone destroy thousands of dollars worth of illegal drugs, paraphernalia, and probably weapons.
bottom line, he probably has virtually none of his bases covered and it's only a matter of time.

delta_9 said:
He may not be dealing, but he's buying huge amounts of drugs. I'm sure he's alraeady under some sort of surveillance. And as far as him being able to simply get rid of his drugs in time, that dosen't seem very likely. I don't know about you but if I had all those drugs I wouldn't be able to move, let alone destroy thousands of dollars worth of illegal drugs, paraphernalia, and probably weapons.
bottom line, he probably has virtually none of his bases covered and it's only a matter of time.
I'm not sticking to my original assumptions on this issue too firmly - he could very well be setting himself up for disaster. However, with his apparent ingenuity, having a 'drug destroying' station woudl be simple as hell. He likely has a 'drug bar' or some place he keeps all of his stash. If he had a fireplace, which I'm sure this ridiculous pad has, he could just toss his stash box in there, crank it up, adn the evidence would be gone in minutes. This isn't a situation like a regular house, I'm sure he has a huge compound. The cops will get to his gates, at which point he'll know they're there. By the time they get to the house, get inside, find his lair, I'll bet he has a good 5 minutes from when he knows they're coming, to when they hit the lair. All it would take to destroy those drugs is a solid fireplace (hooked up with a supercharge inferno button!), adn keep all teh drugs in a chest/box/whatever that you can just toss in there. And it doesn't matter how doped he is, he has an assistant who handles his shit for him.

I'm not saying one way or another that I'm right, but with the completeness of this lair, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some slick ways of dealing with that. Hell, his entire layer may only have 3 entry doors, all of which are bank vault doors. So even once the cops get past his gates, to the house, inside the house, now they're sitting there trying to figure out how to get into his lair which has 1' thick steel doors.

Also factor in that he should be able to buy himself out of anything.

Without knowing this guy and more about his setup, and his relationship with local law enforcement/judges, this is all complete speculation. He could be setting himself up for disaster, or he could have zero practical worries about what he's doing. We just cannot know. Although just fantasizing about how I'd design my underground pad is what's keeping me posting here lol =D

^yeah me too, I'm already making sketches of my underground drug lair, lol :)
anyway, I'm quite sure he's done something to secure himself and his drugs, although I doubt having multiple 1' thick steel doors is legal.
Your right though, most likely any penalties or sentences he is issued won't be much of a problem due to his money, it makes me sick but oh well, like I said, I'm sure the police are at the very least watching him.

It may not be legal to have those doors, but so is having coke/mdma/mushrooms/etc. So just because it's illegal doesn't mean he didn't do it.

The fact that his place is almost certainly monitored by security, has a front gate, long ways from teh main residence, then inside main residence, then find entrances to his lair, then get inside his lair - that's a lot of time there, and if he has assistants (which we already know he does), it would be pretty easy to destroy evidence. Also, I'm sure every cop in his area knows who he is and what's going on, and have a kind of 'ignore' policy issued from the higher ups in the area. He's not trafficking for profit, he's just indulging. And going after him, they should expect retaliation. With his money, he could do so much legal damages to the town/police/etc, that they really need to think twice about fucking with him. With the cash he has, he should be able to have some serious local political influence. Hell, even a friend's pissant father was able to have a ticket wiped out for me w/o me even having to go there for the appeals, he just had his dad call the judge and that was that. And this guy isn't a big baller in any sense of the word. Now, imagine a guy who's worth this much - I'm pretty sure he isn't afraid of the local pd busting him, and even if he was, as said, he's probably got security measures in place just in case.

And yeah, the allure of your private drug lair is soooo captivating!!! I'm with you delt9, my mind just races with how I'd design mine. I actually used to do that on a much, much smaller scale waaaay back in the day. For rolling parties, we'd hook the house up so well for rolling that it was like a nightclub in the suburbs, ridiculous shit. I can only imagine having the funds to make a permanent party pad, instead of the veneer party pads that we'd make for rolls/candyflipping and then tear down the next day.

^^ lol I still have some pics of something like that I designed back in the day %)

delta_9 said:
^yeah me too, I'm already making sketches of my underground drug lair, lol :)
anyway, I'm quite sure he's done something to secure himself and his drugs, although I doubt having multiple 1' thick steel doors is legal.

Why should it be illegal? I'm not aware of any laws that say you have to make it easy for the cops to raid your house, and I would hope they are none.
What you have on your private property is your business.

That's so far from true it's not even funny, garuda. I'm renovating my house right now, and I've gotta tell you, there is building codes on damn near everything!

I was of that mindset before too - whatever I want to build on my property is my business. I was pretty pissed when I found out that I've gotta comply with a ridiculous amount of specifications for many projects, and I'm sure that something like 1' steel doors around an entire room may be a violation. How would people get out in a fire if the doors jammed? Windows? If there's windows, there's not much purpose of having 1' steel walls.

It sucks, but unless you break the building codes, you're actually quite restricted in how / what you can do to a property.

although I'd imagine a dude who can afford 1' steel doors for his party pad could pay off any code inspector lol.

bingalpaws said:
That's so far from true it's not even funny, garuda. I'm renovating my house right now, and I've gotta tell you, there is building codes on damn near everything!

I was of that mindset before too - whatever I want to build on my property is my business. I was pretty pissed when I found out that I've gotta comply with a ridiculous amount of specifications for many projects, and I'm sure that something like 1' steel doors around an entire room may be a violation. How would people get out in a fire if the doors jammed? Windows? If there's windows, there's not much purpose of having 1' steel walls.

It sucks, but unless you break the building codes, you're actually quite restricted in how / what you can do to a property.

When you have $1B in the bank, it's pretty easy to find a contractor that doesnt care about building codes ;)

Dude when you have $3.50 (tree fiddy) in the bank it's easy to find a contractor who doesn't care about building codes!