View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Big and Dandy LSA Scraps

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so if you use hawaiian baby woodrose seeds how many grams do you need of them? and what is the best way to do an extraction?

Originally posted by kaptain:
ok so if you use hawaiian baby woodrose seeds how many grams do you need of them? and what is the best way to do an extraction?
10 baby woodrose seeds is a powerful-enough dose for anyone, and that only weighs 1.146 grams (I love my new scale :) ). As few as 4 will provide threshold effects.
I tried several times, with both morning glory and baby woodrose seeds, to make simple water extractions as the Mexican natives did. I used distilled water and a tee shirt to filter away the seed mush. Though this did help reduce some of the nausea, I never found these drinks to produce satisfactory effects. Not only were they always very weak (at least only 50% as potent as the whole seed) but the nature of the trip was changed too. The effects were more narcotic-like and less psychedelic.
I have never had any luck with chemical extractions, nor really ever heard of anyone. People always write to me about these seeds (wonder why) so I hear from a lot of individuals who experiment in various ways with them. I did manage to get lab-grade petroleum ether from my uncle, and I preformed the extraction on three different occasions. I would like to think that I am an intelligent enough fellow to follow simple enough instructions, and always the resulting goo provided only threshold effects. It was not worth my time or money to bother.
My personal feeling on the subject is just to avoid using the seeds altogether if nausea is completely out of the question for you. You're best to stick with mushrooms or LSD. Getting sick is just a part of the morning glory/baby woodrose seed experience. Either way, good luck.

MGS Preperation

I need to know what is the best way to prepare Morning Glory Seeds without any chemical help (i.e. Petroleum ether.)
Please don't refer me to Erowid as I have already looked there and on Lycaeum. Also don't tell me to search because I have.
Should I grind them?
Soak them in water?
Please Help!
Thanks in Advance.

When I used them, I always just ground the seeds into a powder and put that into gelatin capsules. That always produced the most dramatic effect. I found that fasting for at least 5 hours before consuming the seeds really helped with the nausea. That, and smoking marijuana. If all else failed, vomiting always brought relief.
I tried several times, with both morning glory and baby woodrose seeds, to make simple water extractions as the Mexican natives did and still do today. I used distilled water (better PH than tap water for disolving alkaloids) and a tee-shirt to filter away the seed mush. Though this did help reduce some of the nausea, but I never found these drinks to produce satisfactory effects. Not only were they always very weak (at least only 50% as potent as the whole seed) but the whole nature of the trip was changed. The effects were more narcotic-like and less psychedelic.
I have never had any luck with chemical extractions and don't feel it is worth the time or money.
My advice is use Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds instead. Morning glory seeds require enormous amounts to work, 10 grams vs. 1 gram of baby woodrose seeds. The only reason I use morninggloryseed as a screen name is because they were the first psychedelic I took.

i don't see how distilled water has a better pH for dissolving alkaloids -- tap water should have a lower pH than distilled and would therefore be better at dissolving bases such as LSA. although most of the acid present in tap water is in the form of HCO3- (look at a bottle of spring water), and i seriously doubt LSA can form stable carbonates.
um, i looked up the pKa once and i think it was in the 7-8 range, which means distilled water wouldn't really be acidic enough (you'd get about half of it ionized, and only the ionized LSA would dissolve)
however, technically, straining a seed mush should work, provided that you're doing it somewhere in space and the seeds don't have anti-crackhead poison sprayed on them. that being said, petroleum ether is not at all a specialized chemical - it's a nasty, ambigious mixture of (mostly) pentanes and hexanes, nothing you need a hookup with sigma-aldrich for.

distilled water should have a pH of 5.6, therefor it is slightly acidic and capable of extracting said alkaloids.

100% steam distilled water (and I just tested it with my pH test kit) has a pH of 7. Completely neutral. That is because distilled water no longer has any minerals dissolved in it. They were left behind as the water was boiled away.
Tap water has a high pH (my local tap water tests out to 8.1) because of all the calcium and magnesium dissolved in it. I don't know where you guys get that tap water is acidic and has a lower pH than distilled water. It's not.
Although I have no sample to test, spring water should also have a high pH due to the high mineral content.

it's not the pH
it is the chlorine residues in the water --- the Cl- ion wreakes tremendous damage on the fragile lysergic acid amide molecule... if you wanna acidify, add a pinch of citric acid or ascorbic acid to the distilled water (i say save the addition of fruit acids until the second rinse; then follow with a third rinse of just distilled water again...)

well since my fuckin original post on this was closed here it is in this thread:
i noticed on eworid that if you grow some moring glory flowers which i may do cause their pretty.. and then soak em in water for a few days dada morning glory wine...
their is shit all info around about this method though.. has anybody tried this?

I always had great sucess doing the simple cold water extraction on the MG seeds. I usually use about 15-20 grams and grind them up, soak in cold distilled water, and filter through a t-shirt. Then I add a teaspoon or two of ginger (for upset stomachs) and smoke a joint or two - great trip, more powerful than any acid i've taken!

So is the above information correct??
-- Umm yes they do contain LSA.
Do Rivea Corymbosa seeds contain LSA??
-- Yes ...
What potency do they have compared to morning glory seeds (heavenly blues)???
-- No idea, but they ARE related (read it on a vendor site, plus in a magazine)
Are they available in garden stores???
-- Don't know, but they are available at the only vendor I know.
Has anyone ever tried this?? Is it really better than Morning glory seeds/HBWR seeds???
-- I read you can even smoke the flowers and get some sort of high ... but not a psychedelic type high, just some relaxation, etc.
And is the above preparation accurate??? will it work???
-- I don't know, but it certainly seems to be the same as for Morning Glories & HBWR seeds.

Hello and welcome to the forum anjatalkin! Please note that posting source references is not only against the forum guidelines, but is also a burden for the moderators to spot every time. Please edit your post by deleting the source reference; this will help us all by keeping these sites discrete and in-business for our further usage. Thank You. :D

Man!!! I've got the wrong flippin' seeds then! That's an all-time low, getting ripped off for seeds. Explains the whole "not tripping" thing though.

So even though Erowid has them described as HBWS they are not? I was suspicious when the "outer husk" of all of them resisted peeling.

Ooooooh, that's irritating.

Well, I've tried a couple sublingual methods... the first time I started to get a little of the jubilant feeling that a trip gives and the trees looked... well you know.... just a little. By the time I got home it was over.

Maybe I'll just try the chew & puke method. I've been hurting for a liftoff for a long time now; hence the open mind to LSAs.

I suppose it would be pushing my luck to ask about good vendors. (?) I can list one bad one...

Well, I can certainly tell you that I didn't get "fake" seeds (I wrote the source but can't give it here), since they look like the "real" ones in the pictures and I've tripped off of them by chewing and swallowing. Still, I had no effects with the sublingual method I described at the beginning of this thread.

a friend and i tried this method with 9 seeds each. busted them to a fine powder in a coffe grinder, mixed them with water and a bit of sugar and applied them sublingually (the seeds were actually grown in haiwaii, top quality, unlike alot of the crap that comes from south american ethnobotanical suppliers), we both got high within 30 minutes. i had open eye and closed i visuals and was intoxicated for quite some time. definitely an enjoyable experience though not as intense as i would have liked (dont go taking 9+seeds your first time just cuz i said it wasnt enough). neither of us had any nausea.

i attribute the lack of intensity to the fact that i was on weed cookies, ketamine, morracan blonde hash and ms contin at the time and i had done 2ci, mdma, shrooms and blue lotus earlier that week so my psychedelic tolerance and seritonen was not where it should have been. so the whole drug soup probably distracted me from the trip somewhat. next time i do it i will try the same dose and administration after a week or two of not doing any drugs

i didnt brush my teeth, or hurt my gums or anything funny like that , though i will try it out next time..

anyways. the fact of the matter is that sublingual works. ive done LSD before and could definitely see similarities to the intoxication i experienced fromt he HBWR seeds

Recently I got seeds like the fake ones from an online vendor and they clearly stated that they were low quality. As I have little money I went with the cheaper ones. The first picture looks simply like the husk is still on. The second 'fake' ones look like the furry part of the husk has been scraped off and there are one or two non-viable seeds that rotted or were cracked. Even if you don't think they are Agryegia Nervousa be careful they could turn out to be more potent HBRW than you thought. Appearances can be deceiving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.