• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Best way to taper down?

Today is my last day at 0.25 mg
I am SO PROUD of you!
You kicked ass through this!
You are a shining example to myself and others.

I want off this stuff too. I do not know if I can ever be complete free of the suboxone but I am going to try.
I am far from even beginning to taper yet, still stabilizing on it.....but I will keep trying....even if it takes years.

I am having problems with insomnia, broken sleep.
I guess that is to be expected, coming from 90 mg morphine a day to day 5 suboxone.

I feel better in a lot of ways.
Worse in some ways too.
Hoping to stabilize soon.
I need a full night sleep badly.

Good work you guys. I wish you all the best of luck and I send my love and my prayers.
Thank you for the good thread.
This will be helpful to me once I get to the tapering process.
I appreciated the experience.
NOTHING is more helpful than real life experience.
There is NO replacement for it.

Are you done with the tapering or do you intend to cut that in half?

I am SO PROUD of you!
You kicked ass through this!
You are a shining example to myself and others.

I want off this stuff too. I do not know if I can ever be complete free of the suboxone but I am going to try.
I am far from even beginning to taper yet, still stabilizing on it.....but I will keep trying....even if it takes years.

I am having problems with insomnia, broken sleep.
I guess that is to be expected, coming from 90 mg morphine a day to day 5 suboxone.

I feel better in a lot of ways.
Worse in some ways too.
Hoping to stabilize soon.
I need a full night sleep badly.

Good work you guys. I wish you all the best of luck and I send my love and my prayers.
Thank you for the good thread.
This will be helpful to me once I get to the tapering process.
I appreciated the experience.
NOTHING is more helpful than real life experience.
There is NO replacement for it.
Just take it easy and don't worry too much. Every new day is a victory for you. Don't even think about tapering before stabilising yourself. Just then, you will be able to figure out your next step. Good luck and stay strong.

I apologise if I already asked this question but it's very important to me. The biggest benefit for me is that Suboxone works better than any antidepressant. I have a long history of chronic depression and over the years I tried every major brand. Despite that I was barely able to function. Since starting Suboxone my mood significantly improved. Every major study says that it's possible if you take micro dose of Suboxone. In my case that is not true. After tapering from 16 to 2mg I was still depressed. Then I raised dose to 4mg and everything is much better now. Anybody here using Bupe for depression and do you have any tips or advice? My biggest fear is that l will develop tolerance and go back to the dark world.

Today is my third day completely off of suboxone. I feel way better this morning than I did yesterday. Yesterday and the day before I was having flu-like symptoms (runny nose, sneezing, tired, yawning) I had some aches and pains. But it was a very mild discomfort compared to more intense opioid withdrawals I have experienced in the past.

Today is my third day completely off of suboxone. I feel way better this morning than I did yesterday. Yesterday and the day before I was having flu-like symptoms (runny nose, sneezing, tired, yawning) I had some aches and pains. But it was a very mild discomfort compared to more intense opioid withdrawals I have experienced in the past.
So you did it mate. Congratulations. I can't even imagine how you felt during tapering and withdrawal symptoms but you didn't give up. That's the main point in your's story of success. Good luck and I wish that you never again visit this forum. 😂😂😂✌️❤️

The simple answer really is suboxone, opiate users are lucky to have such a subtance. Us benzo users don't have that kind of luxury:?
I am on Suboxone but still taking Benzo. 12-18mg Lexotan p/d. It helps me relax and have some sleep. I know that it's not recommended taking these 2 together but it still works and make my life easier.

What about taking one super large dose (i.e. 64 mg) and letting it run it's course. I recently read that a single very large dose will take so much time to leave the body that it can end dependence vs. maintenance doses. (Please no one try this -- I'm asking more experienced users their thoughts on this. There is a study that can be Googled that discusses successfully ending dependence with one large single dose).

Congrats man! So proud of you. :) It's a good sign you're feeling better on the third day after your last dose, I think that means you're mostly in the clear. I would not be discouraged if some symptoms show back up here and there, though.

The best thing you can do for yourself now is get into a daily workout routine. The endorphins will help your body return to homeostatis much more quickly, and will help a lot with the lingering scrungies that may show up.

You should be very proud of yourself. :)

What about taking one super large dose (i.e. 64 mg) and letting it run it's course. I recently read that a single very large dose will take so much time to leave the body that it can end dependence vs. maintenance doses. (Please no one try this -- I'm asking more experienced users their thoughts on this. There is a study that can be Googled that discusses successfully ending dependence with one large single dose).

This could possibly work if you're trying to end dependence on a full agonist like heroin or something, and then just take one large dose of suboxone to try to block withdrawal for long enough that the withdrawals entirely pass you by. Although it actually works better to take half the dose each day.... so like 8mg the first day, 4mg tye next day, 2mg the next day, 1mg the next day, 0.5mg the next day, then skip a day, 0.5mg the next day, then stop. In my opinion anyway.

However, this user was dependent on suboxone and did a slow taper down to a very low dose. So taking a really large dose at the end would be massive counterproductive!

I apologise if I already asked this question but it's very important to me. The biggest benefit for me is that Suboxone works better than any antidepressant. I have a long history of chronic depression and over the years I tried every major brand. Despite that I was barely able to function. Since starting Suboxone my mood significantly improved. Every major study says that it's possible if you take micro dose of Suboxone. In my case that is not true. After tapering from 16 to 2mg I was still depressed. Then I raised dose to 4mg and everything is much better now. Anybody here using Bupe for depression and do you have any tips or advice? My biggest fear is that l will develop tolerance and go back to the dark world.
I get it, I have TRD and when I first started opiates I never felt better in my life, but then the serious addiction happened. I take my bupe in small doses. .25mg in am and same mid day. I've always felt like it helped with my depression and still do. It seems like drs always want you on this high dose.

I get it, I have TRD and when I first started opiates I never felt better in my life, but then the serious addiction happened. I take my bupe in small doses. .25mg in am and same mid day. I've always felt like it helped with my depression and still do. It seems like drs always want you on this high dose.
Thanks for the tip mate. I tried the small dose but l just don't feel anything. Morning (when I woke up) is the worst part of the day. I have no strength (mentally) to get up. After 4mg strip I am completely different person. Lower doses (0.5, 1 and 2mg) just have no effect at all. Is it tolerance or something else l really don't know. I was on Oxy for 15 years and at the end it just stopped working no matter how much I took. I was chronically depressed and suicidal. Then I asked my Dr. for help and he put me on Subs. Probably saved my life. I still take 20mg Lexapro in the morning and 150mg Endep at night. But I am not sure that they work at all? 🤔
ps. I still got rebound headache from Oxy and 4mg Suboxone help with that as well.