• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Best way to taper down?

Thanks for the suggestion @Xorkoth. But I only have this last strip and I don't have a milligram scale. My scale only goes to centigrams. (.00) But thanks as always for the suggestion

Get a milligram scale. It's so much easier to dose a ground up pill with precision than a strip. What you do is crush up the pills and weigh the total amount. let's say 2 x 8mg pills weigh 768mg (this is what mine weighed the last time I did this). Then 768 / 16 = 48mg per 1mg of bupe. 24mg per 0.5mg of bupe. 12mg per 0.25mg of bupe. 6mg per 0.125mg of bupe. Etc. You can know EXACTLY what dose you're taking. Plus, the strips, when you get to super tiny bits, are so hard to get to stick to your mouth, and I feel like I end up not absorbing them well. Whereas any amount of pill powder, you can put under your tongue or (my preference) between my gum and lip, like tobacco dipping, no problem.

I dunno, I have never liked the strips much, but I guess it's personal preference. Can't tell you how many times I have wasted a tiny piece of strip because it wouldn't stick to the inside of my mouth and just got "lost" in there.
Do you know for how long can you keep small film cuts? I have them all in the airtight ziplock bag but it's not the same as the original sachet.

Ater work now, I feel better today on day 3 at 0.5mg than I felt yesterday at day 2 of 0.5 mg. yesterday I was hot headed but dealing with tons of stress, I had a short skate session (an hour and a half). And I had a lot of trouble staying and getting to sleep. but I gotta do this. And I'm so close. I feel like for me the 2nd day of a dose reduction is the most intense in terms of withdrawal symptoms from buprenorphine.

Last edited:
Day 4 on 0.5 mg and Okay, I have to admit. The insomnia is pretty bad. I feel okay physically, but I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, I was also feeling sick because of high blood glucose (I'm a Type 1 diabetic) so I may not have slept anyway. But this is 4 nights in a row now with minimal sleep, and when I get it, it's almost always very interrupted. It is my main symptom. Maybe slight nausea too. And damn, m blood sugars have been running a little high. This is probably the hardest part so far, the insomnia. I have some trazadone, clonazepam and diphenhydramine. I'm sleeping tonight. That's for sure.

Insomnia is certainly the worst part about opiate withdrawal for me, in general. When I can sleep at night, I always have that to look forward to. But during opiate withdrawal, I feel horrible AND I can't sleep a wink. And unlike some stuff Ive withdrawn from (gabapentinoids of various forms), laying there is incredibly uncomfortable, I can't stop moving my legs, it makes the night the worst part. Whereas with gabapentinoid withdrawal, I might not be able to sleep much, but it's still relaxing and peaceful laying in bed.

I withdraw from pregabalin dosing and am currently working through gabapentin dosing. I therefore now am keeping my doses as low as possible to keep the withdrawal the

least severe as possible. The gabapentin sure is peaceful and relaxing though throughout the whole process. I get agitated easy with anything that is even slightly aggravating.

Lol. But that is what I definitely have to do as a precaution and a preference. A good functioning routine, I am currently working through anyway.

Very recreational as need be for those two types of dosing. I am enjoying the energy boost from those meds too that is kind of interesting.

Oh . . . but the lower the dosing the less severe for sure.

Insomnia is certainly the worst part about opiate withdrawal for me, in general. When I can sleep at night, I always have that to look forward to. But during opiate withdrawal, I feel horrible AND I can't sleep a wink. And unlike some stuff Ive withdrawn from (gabapentinoids of various forms), laying there is incredibly uncomfortable, I can't stop moving my legs, it makes the night the worst part. Whereas with gabapentinoid withdrawal, I might not be able to sleep much, but it's still relaxing and peaceful laying in bed.
Stilnox(10mg) + Lexotan (6mg) works for me in most cases. If I am nervous and can't fall asleep I just double the dose.

Insomnia is certainly the worst part about opiate withdrawal
Brother insomnia is the worst part of any withdrawal or anything non-withdrawal associated.
No sleep can cause some serious issues both mental and physical.
I do not mind going without sleep sometimes when something is on my mind but as a rule sleep is how I stay "sane". lol
Yeah... the no sleeping through withdrawal has to be the worst part of it for me causes me to run amok.
Cant do it anymore.

Brother insomnia is the worst part of any withdrawal or anything non-withdrawal associated.
No sleep can cause some serious issues both mental and physical.
I do not mind going without sleep sometimes when something is on my mind but as a rule sleep is how I stay "sane". lol
Yeah... the no sleeping through withdrawal has to be the worst part of it for me causes me to run amok.
Cant do it anymore.
I feel you, the drop from 1mg to 0.5 mg was rough for the first four days. Tomorrow I'm dropping to 0.25mg which I will maintain for 14 days(max I have) and then take the hit with some comfort meds. This is something I'm ready to do and the discomfort is worth the freedom in my personal opinion. The first 4 days I was irritable, nauseous, anxious, didn't sleep much, sweating a little. It wasn't fun, but I got through it, here comes another drop tomorrow.

I feel you, the drop from 1mg to 0.5 mg was rough for the first four days. Tomorrow I'm dropping to 0.25mg which I will maintain for 14 days(max I have) and then take the hit with some comfort meds. This is something I'm ready to do and the discomfort is worth the freedom in my personal opinion. The first 4 days I was irritable, nauseous, anxious, didn't sleep much, sweating a little. It wasn't fun, but I got through it, here comes another drop tomorrow.
You're doing great. :cheer:

Great job! Which conforters
Good on you mate. ✌️ Which comfort drugs you have in mind?

Great job! Which conforters

Good on you mate. ✌️ Which comfort drugs you have in mind?
I have access to a small quantity of 0.5mg clonazepam for sleep and anxiety. I have some zofran if my nausea is particularly bad.
Cannabis also helps me with anxiety and nausea and aches and pains.

I take something similar. Its called Lexotan (benzo) and its basically a sedative.

I have 5 days left at 0.25 mg 1x daily before I jump... I hardly notice even taking it in the morning anymore and I guess we'll see how it goes.

Good work! You have surely made it easier for yourself. I mean, I take 12mg a day and I don't even notice taking it, so that's not necessarily going to mean you are in the clear... but hopefully it will be mild.