View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best way to take 5-MeO-DMT-HCl?

Shamanick

Greenlighter
I've never used 5-MeO-DMT before, and recently bought some in HCl compound form, i.e. 5-MeO-DMT-HCl or 5-MeO-DMT HydroChloride salt.

Before I got this, I actually wasn't aware of the different forms of 5-MeO-DMT, as in freebase vs this HCl salt compound.

Now that I have it I'm wondering about the best ROA. How should I administer this, insufflate (snort) or vaporize or smoke or otherwise?

I have used "regular" DMT (N,N-DMT) on several occasions and smoked that, but from my understanding that doesn't apply here.

"Best way" is very subjective...
The most common way for the HCl salt is insufflation, or injection (IV or IM). But one can also go by sublingual, or with MAOIs oral or in the rear end...
(it also seems to work without MAOIs that way, but definitely needs more substance and reports a scarce. Dosage probably quite dependent on personal metabolism that way, like e.g. oral DPT)

IMHO it stings quite strongly in the nose. Never tried the other HCl ROAs personally.

But the HCl salt can also be quite easily converted to FB for vaping.

Last edited:
"Best way" is very subjective...
The most common way for the HCl salt is insufflation, or injection (IV or IM). But one can also go by sublingual, or with MAOIs oral or in the rear end...
(it also seems to work without MAOIs that way, but definitely needs more substance and reports a scarce. Dosage probably quite dependent on personal metabolism that way, like e.g. oral DPT)
Thanks. I'm very much not a fan of injection. If sublingual works, then I'd highly prefer that. It's also how I take LSD blotters.

IMHO it stings quite strongly in the nose. Never tried the other HCl ROAs personally.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of sniffing either. I think I read about someone who would just rub the HCl salt in their nostrils, but I have my doubts if that will work.

But you do think that just putting it under my tongue and leave it there for a few minutes, would do it?

But the HCl salt can also be quite easily converted to FB for vaping.
Oh, that's interesting. How? I'm not a chemist by any stretch of the imagination, is that trivial to do without damaging the 5-MeO-DMT?

Have you looked in the big and dandy 5-MeO-DMT thread? I recall people discussing exactly this just recently.

Best way for subbed tryp's is always plugged, but not all want to accept that fact. So next best thing is oral. Smoked is short lived but more intense if you want to get buck wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
How kind of you to state the obvious in such a friendly manner.

First, Not every one here knows about the psychedelic index, or the existence of B and D's. Second, cut down on the patronizing attitude. Third, put all you want to say into one post, instead of spamming the thread.

@Stranger One

It seems you have no idea what you are talking about in relation to 5-MeO-DMT although you seem to have the pic of "Tryptamine Palace" as avatar. Did you even read the book you are using as avatar???

Ok I'm out of here most smoke and snort this.

Yep, exactly.

Gosh I pity them.

Why exactly?

Oh but please don't smoke this chemical

Such extreme reactions with heavy vomiting, heavy screaming and/or heavy moving are not seldom on 5-MeO-DMT. And honestly the smoking ROA in this relation would still be the best, as the effects are happening no matter which ROA you take, only dose dependent. But doing the smoking or IV way the peak is very short (only a few minutes). So if things go wrong, you only have to be heavily treated by your sitter for a short time. Whereas if you go by other ROAs the peak will be longer...

5-MeO-DMT is quite another substance than any others IMHO. It kills your ego right on. If you cannot let go, you will experience utter hell. If you can let go and "die", it will let you experience "god".
It is nothing you take "recreational". It is something you take to "understand/experience" the truth.

Edit:
About sublingual usage:
I'm only aware of a few people having done this. And they use it that way not to get into the deep waters (the ego-blasting stage). I don't know if a breakthrough by SL is possible or how much would be needed for this.

Last edited:
Don't smoke HCl. If you're going to "smoke" it (actually you want to vaporize it, *not* smoke it) you should convert it to the freebase first.

HCl is for insufflation (snorting) or plugging. You could IM/IV it in theory, but in my opinion IV would be a dangerously aggressive onset, and IM would be sketchy because of potential biological contamination - the chemical will not be sterile at all.

Freebase is for vapourizing. It's not so hard to convert HCl to freebase if you must vape it.

My preferred ROA is insufflation. It's a bit of a burn, but nothing to fuss about IMO.

I've been wondering the same thing, I love DMT and my friend told me since I have 5-meo-dmt hcl that I should just hit it 5mg over anything else. Like just stop what I'm doing and experience it... lol.. from what I've seen of friends I don't doubt

I'm already suicidal though, and I am unsure how to use it other than vaporization. I have no problems vaping dmt but I'd probably sniff this stuff.

Micron filter that shit.. I have not vaped this but IM was all I could ever want I guess. I wouldn't IV anything whatsoever.... but I dislike smoking stuff considerably more than I have an aversion to needles, if the product is cleaned up.

Agreed, IM really seems to be the way to go with this .. but the micron filters I've seen on amazon and such seem to be either really expensive or questionable quality or both. So next best for me is snorting it.. it burns a bit, but the burn can be centering.

Obviously don't buy too questionable quality... Expensive? In a way: it will cost you to buy rubberstopped vials to keep your filtered solution in, it would cost you a helluva lot more eventually if you keep filtering too small batches every time.
Same applies to other stuff like dissos I guess. In the past I could go through a lot of dissos but definitely not as hard through a vial of 5-MeO-DMT

Oh I didn't even think of that - was just thinking about using one every time and not about making a vial like that. Great! Would you put any preservative in the solution? It shouldn't be a concern if it's properly micron filtered and the vial is truly sterile. But practice is different from theory sometimes..

You might wanna give the "sandwich method" a go. I know that Martin Ball who have worked extensively with 5-MeO-DMT has mostly used HCl & and the sandwich method. You'll probably waste a bit of the product and have to use a bit more than if you'd vaporize it as freebase but just start at a recommended level (I would start around 10-15 mg) and work your way up (if needed)..

Yup, I came out of my trip knowing that I didnt want to do drugs anymore and I was clean for like 5 years afterward. Also puked red wine all over myself and scared the shit out of my trip sitter. I did managed to utter the word "wine" though. I'd smoked it so I was out pretty quick but back pretty quick too. Most intense experience of my life. I'd probably do it again, minus the wine.