• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Best way of testing amphetamines (base)

That's the bit I forgot to mention - acetone wash is a very effective way to get to see just how much amphetamine is in your amphetamines. And to get some very nice speed, of course.

Doesn't count as synth discussion so feel free.

Shambles, (or anyone else that knows), can you detail the procedure for an acetone wash please?

I've got the speed, I've got the acetone, just need the knowledge now...

I'm sure I read about a two part process of washing speed. It was with acetone and alcohol.. see if I can find it..

Dissolve in acetone, filter via micronfilter, allow to the acetone to evaporate. Done

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Dissolve in acetone, filter via micronfilter, allow to the acetone to evaporate. Done

Cheers Wenlock, but how does this separate the phet from the cut? iirc, acetone can act as both a polar and non-polar solvent yes? if so, why doesn't the glucose or whatever dissolve in it as well?

Cheers Wenlock, but how does this separate the phet from the cut? iirc, acetone can act as both a polar and non-polar solvent yes? if so, why doesn't the glucose or whatever dissolve in it as well?
Whilst having characteristics of both polar and non-polar compounds, acetone behaves as a polar molecule.

Quick wash of Amps: dissolve Speed in cool water (solubility of D-Amp (IIRC): ~20mg/ml at 20C), then filter through a funnel/cone. The water-insoluble cuts are left as solids in the filter; discard.
Evaporate solvent away from sunlight - a small fan is great to speed it up.
It can take a while to evaporate larger amounts of water and a gram of just Amphet already requires ~50ml so it may be best to just use Acetone from the start. Dissolve Speed in Acetone at ~100mg/ml (1g/10ml). Cool solution down and thoroughly mix it before leaving it to settle. Extract the fluid layer via pipette and discard. Alternatively, pass the solution through another filter and retain the filter cake.
Amphetamine Sulphate is borderline insoluble in Acetone, but some cuts dissolve in it, these cuts will be left in the solvent. The Amphet left in the filter can be dried on a hot plate and consumed.

Whilst the solvent washes remove a good chunk of the common cuts, some adulterants will ultimately remain in your Speed, e.g. Ephedrine.

Dual Solvent Recrystallisation and A/B extraction are more effective, but the simplicity of an Acetone/solvent wash is difficult to beat.

<3

Also, this was supposed to be posted 5 hours ago; I got distracted by drugz n stuff. Mostly drugz. =D

I've taken about three grammes of the '74%' speed I recently got, since Tuesday. I've had quite a bit tonight, and it's just not right. It's keeping me awake, with the odd nice tingle, and I don't feel the urge to eat, but I probably could. I'm less chatty than I am sober, my eyes aren't wide open, and my jaw occasionally feels a bit tight, but it never leads to clenching. I am focused, though. The last stuff I bought was hugely euphoric and social, but this is almost mongy (for speed) and doesn't feel like it's doing the job. The mates that have tried it said exactly the same thing. It's a shame that even supposedly uncut speed can have such varying effects. Fingers crossed I can find some more good stuff.

I see that the good stuff is apparently made with 'a-oil'. Does anybody know what a-oil is? Google isn't telling me much.

Last edited:
I've taken about three grammes of the '74%' speed I recently got, since Tuesday. I've had quite a bit tonight, and it's just not right. It's keeping me awake, with the odd nice tingle, and I don't feel the urge to eat, but I probably could. I'm less chatty than I am sober, my eyes aren't wide open, and my jaw occasionally feels a bit tight, but it never leads to clenching. I am focused, though. The last stuff I bought was hugely euphoric and social, but this is almost mongy (for speed) and doesn't feel like it's doing the job. The mates that have tried it said exactly the same thing. It's a shame that even supposedly uncut speed can have such varying effects. Fingers crossed I can find some more good stuff.

I see that the good stuff is apparently made with 'a-oil'. Does anybody know what a-oil is? Google isn't telling me much.

Yes, unfortunately high purity is still no indicator of quality. Pure shit is still shit...

Perhaps 'a-oil' means 'amphetamine oil' (i.e. freebase) which should result in the good stuff. The shit stuff (i.e. everything I get) probably contains more caffeine and ephedrine than amphetamine.

Last edited:
^Nice!

Perhaps 'a-oil' means 'amphetamine oil' (i.e. freebase) which should result in the good stuff. The shit stuff (i.e. everything I get) probably contains more caffeine and ephedrine than amphetamine.
Yeah, amphetamine oil would make sense... I've ordered some off someone else, so I guess we'll see. This inferior stuff has kept me going all night, and I don't think it's because it's cut with other stimulants, so I can't really complain.

Whilst the solvent washes remove a good chunk of the common cuts, some adulterants will ultimately remain in your Speed, e.g. Ephedrine.

Hence why I said, send the amphetamine to Wedinos, to confirm it is amphetamine and amphetamine only. Then wash it with acetone. I've bought reasonable amounts of the stuff and wound up with results showing contaminations with 4-FA, caffeine, ephedrine, I can't remember the other ingredients but there were many. Stuff that contained 5 other active ingredients.. This is the same stuff people were raving was the best amp they'd had. What a farce that is I did 3 grams in 3 days. I dont even touch the stuff anymore. Quality is consistently bullshit.

Yeah, amphetamine oil would make sense... I've ordered some off someone else, so I guess we'll see. This inferior stuff has kept me going all night, and I don't think it's because it's cut with other stimulants, so I can't really complain.

Treacle, yes a-oil means amphetamine oil. I've been offered it before as the oil. Often you are right with what you say on here, in the MDMA thread too. What I feel your forgetting alot of the time is; the quality of your drugs depend on the quality of the cook. Put many differences aside, isomers and things. What will make a larger difference say with LSD even than whether it's grey crystal, needle point, or whatever. Is does the cook time everything right, is it the right temperature? Screw that up and it won't matter how well you refine it in the end, as it's been botched up early on.
Then with say MDMA, it's unlike ketamine, or methamphetamine, in that you actually want it to be racemic for the best effects. Who's to say all these synth's these days lead to racemic MDMA though? I read people over in MDMA discussion "Oh it's not the safrole made stuff of the 90's" blah blah blah. Do your homework guys there is plenty MDMA still made from safrole, plenty made from PMK (you need safrole to make PMK), and there does seem to be some other synth going around, which is clearly making the bullshit stuff. It's not MDEA which somebody else said. Test centres aren't supid.

The point I am making is people overlook the importance of the cook, and blame everything on synth. The precursors and synth used will make a massive difference. I'm no chemist but also what about the mix of isomers? Which synth yields the best mix of isomers, remember l-amphetamine isn't psychoactive and leads to more side effects.. there are bound to be different synth's leading to different ratios of isomers.
The next lots of speed you get, send them to Wedinos. Post the results here, you'll be doing the community a favour while letting us know what's in this weeks speed ;)

Even more to the point, you don't want a 'cook', you want an experienced organic chemist.