• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best Types Of Bongs

diegoblunt

Bluelighter
I never smoke joints or out of pipes. I'll hit any blunt on offer, but my true passion is bongs. I smoke out of a large sized Pyrex double chamber and after spending years using plastic bottle's have decided that glass or possibly ceramic is the only way to go. I love larger bongs.

In terms of plastic bongs; 'Gatorade' style bottles, 'Dare' milk bottles, and 'Orchy' bottles are the only ones to use. They need to be around 600ml-750ml and width is more important than height. Never ever use a 390ml coca-cola bottle, water bottle or a 1L-2L juice/milk bottle.

Bongs MUST ALWAYS contain a 'shotty' or carburator. Usually placed next to the stem, about 3cm above the water level and on the front of the bong.

I was wondering if other people agree with me?

dude.. the best bongs are made of glass and usually have a slide stem carb

Glass is the best

Im with frizz on that , glass bongs are definitely the best to smoke from. You will never get that hollow drag off a glass bong , like you do when you smoke the plastic ones. However plastic is more porous than glass, and if you enjoy pulling the slide out , or releasing the carb and getting a massive smoke rush that clears the chamber quick, stick to plastic. But if you got strong lungs with good pulling power go for glass.

PS. I guess it all depends on taste, if your new to smoking bongs i'd say start with a plastic one, build up some lung power, then spoil yourself with a nice glass bong. You will definitely appreciate the difference more, and possible enjoy the toke better too. =D

Glass is the best

Im with frizz on that , glass bongs are definitely the best to smoke from. You will never get that hollow drag off a glass bong , like you do when you smoke the plastic ones. However plastic is more porous than glass, and if you enjoy pulling the slide out , or releasing the carb and getting a massive smoke rush that clears the chamber quick, stick to plastic. But if you got strong lungs with good pulling power go for glass.

PS. I guess it all depends on taste, if your new to smoking bongs i'd say start with a plastic one, build up some lung power, then spoil yourself with a nice glass bong. You will definitely appreciate the difference more, and possible enjoy the toke better too. =D

Gee Frizz he agrees Sooo much he needed to post twice ;)

Yeah gotta agree Glass is the way to go. I have a nice two chamber little number which is smooth as fuck and I also have a ceramic Mushroom bong with 3 mushroom caps to conceal it as an ornament (spl) <<It's hard to explain however and I'm too wasted to right now :p

Also got a Hookah for those special occasions.

Best brands of glass bingers...

So it's been established that glass, slide carb is the best. Now, which brands?

I dig::::
Jerome Baker Designs (JBD) - Classic style, nicely worked pieces. Dem be di first fi make a big in di glass game.
Rouge - Very worked colorful, handcrafted pieces. Haven't seen many lately.
Jah Creations - JBD knock offs, tho nice indeed.
Skyy Glass - Very nice color change abilities, they make tight ass 4 footer self serve.
HVY - Think and nicely worked. I had one that lasted longer than any other that i've owned.
Roor - German made, machine produced. Frosted glass seals (no 'O' rings or gromets*sp?). The downstem also has multiple smaller holes at the bottom.
Pure Glass - Knock off Roor but with a colored, handblown style bowl (still has the frosted seals)
PHX - Roor style except with crazy double or triple percolation.

Bless!

Re: Best brands of glass bingers...

x420 said:
So it's been established that glass, slide carb is the best. Now, which brands?

I dig::::
Jerome Baker Designs (JBD) - Classic style, nicely worked pieces. Dem be di first fi make a big in di glass game.
Rouge - Very worked colorful, handcrafted pieces. Haven't seen many lately.
Jah Creations - JBD knock offs, tho nice indeed.
Skyy Glass - Very nice color change abilities, they make tight ass 4 footer self serve.
HVY - Think and nicely worked. I had one that lasted longer than any other that i've owned.
Roor - German made, machine produced. Frosted glass seals (no 'O' rings or gromets*sp?). The downstem also has multiple smaller holes at the bottom.
Pure Glass - Knock off Roor but with a colored, handblown style bowl (still has the frosted seals)
PHX - Roor style except with crazy double or triple percolation.

Bless!

they're all out of business these days.. cept maybe Roor. We've got two JBDs over here.. i just put a new downstem in mine and puffed off it for the 1st time in a while. my usual piece is some generic and and half footer.. it hits nicely though

where i come from it's the springer that rules over all.

every man and his dog owns a springer here :) lower aus, but i have heard it's not so common elsewhere... *shrugs*

this is made up of a small springvale juice glass bottle and a foot long tube sometimes folded at the end for comfort at the mouth..

along with this is usually a big metal stem and a medium sized gold cone :)

=D Hahahaha yeah I just got back from Melbourne on Sunday and EVERY single person who shouted a sesh pulled one of these babies out.

In Perth before I bought my glass I made Buckets so I guess the 2L Coke bottle was my choice smoking impliment.

Reefer_Decree , Id like to see a picture of that springer. Sounds like a 1 person hookah to me? But I'm not quite sure what a springvalve juice glass bottle is ? 8(

It's a ~300ml glass juice bottle with a regular diameter up to the rim, with a metal/tin lid.

Basically a no-spill jar bong, but smaller scale.

My jar bong ruled :D Had like a 1.5 foot mouthpiece, just held the bong in my lap and ripped it.

MacGyver it when you have to but I particularly like the Chongs. Nothing beats being able to load a bowl while the bowl is resting in the mouth piece of the bong (tripping man's delight).

All outta business but what the hell:
Chong
JBD (mothership all the way)
Zong Toy Co.
Roor (?)

Still rocking the molten glass in ATX:
Glassy Knoll (sick ass pieces)

damn you fucks sure know how to smoke with style...i havnt even heard of the shit you talk about....i smoked pure j's
whats gravity bong?why "gravity" ?

I stick by my Agung Pyrex Double Chambered Tar Filtering bong. Its the smoothest bong I've ever smoked.

But the Chambered Bucket Bong is a close second.

-plaz out-

247 said:
damn you fucks sure know how to smoke with style...i havnt even heard of the shit you talk about....i smoked pure j's
whats gravity bong?why "gravity" ?

Do a search on "bucket bong" for a picture but basically you fill a bucket with water, cut the bottom off of a 2L coke bottle and put a cone piece in the lid. (This is your chamber)

Submerge the bottle screw on the cap (now with your conepiece in it) load it with mull. When you pull the bottle up "Gravity" (it's really a suction effect but meh) will pull the smoke into the bottle. Now you have a 2L bottle full and ready to take in one big hit.

Sorry if it's hard to understand :)

They really hit you hard so it's a good way to either get fucked up or conserve mull.

Chris :)

h@ndo said:
Do a search on "bucket bong" for a picture but basically you fill a bucket with water, cut the bottom off of a 2L coke bottle and put a cone piece in the lid. (This is your chamber)

Submerge the bottle screw on the cap (now with your conepiece in it) load it with mull. When you pull the bottle up "Gravity" (it's really a suction effect but meh) will pull the smoke into the bottle. Now you have a 2L bottle full and ready to take in one big hit.

Sorry if it's hard to understand :)

They really hit you hard so it's a good way to either get fucked up or conserve mull.

Chris :)

I used to used to do that. It took it's tole on me eventually but was fun for a while.

I hear ya Plazma!

My pyrex double-chamber is also made by Agung and goes off!
;)
I didnt (unfortuantely) get the one with the 'tar catcher'... Mine's called 'pistol grip' because of the finger indents on the chamber.

I made one out of a 5 gallon bottle water jug and fishtank pumps.

Talk about a fuckin bong!