• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best treatment for Adderall and SSRI withdrawals

anon00

Greenlighter
So I was prescribed Klonopin to help with SSRI withdrawals and now I'm reading that I can be putting myself at risk for another addiction and withdrawal. Every time I've tried to cold turkey both meds, I couldn't leave my bed and was extremely angry. I got a girlfriend telling me I don't care about her anymore, a brother judging me for using my Addy XR Klonopin and weaning off Lex, and all I'm trying to do is do well on my interview Monday. The both of them are telling me job isn't gunna make you happy if you're still messed up etc, but I'd like to think my circumstance will get better and I can move out and get away from house that causes my depression here. Either I'm trapped with a crappy manipulative gf and toxic jealous family, or I've lost it and i'm insane. My bar exam result come out soon, so hopefully I passed and I can have something to give me reason to get better again, yet don't feel bad about my routine right now. Just venting here

Stick in there bro, I recently went through SSRI withdrawals and can empathise with the aggression/anger problems, I also got "brain zaps" which I don't know if you're suffering from but both do definitely get better with time. You're aren't going insane, I would be careful with the Klonopin as the WDs are much worse than SSRI's

SSRI withdrawal sucks balls. First, stop worrying. Not the fake worrying the withdrawal is causing, but deep inside your head or body. You have to start relaxing somewhere. Second, unless your abusing it, don't worry about getting hooked on Clonazepam and or Adderall XR. The combination of those two meds, should help override the shitty SSRI withdrawal. Don't go by feelings when you dose the Clonazepam or Adderall XR. Only take your prescribed dose. That's how you get addicted real quick. You mess with doses. Look, if you are taking the Clonazepam and Adderall XR for real, correct reasons, then addiction is the last thing you need to worry about. Don't get emotionally tied to the Clonazepam or Adderall XR. They are tools to help you through a rough time. If you use them as tools only that are doing a job, your fine. Heed my advice. No emotional attachment. Take as prescribed. Now you know, SSRI's suck. If you want to chat or have questions, PM me. Speed King

Stick in there bro, I recently went through SSRI withdrawals and can empathise with the aggression/anger problems, I also got "brain zaps" which I don't know if you're suffering from but both do definitely get better with time. You're aren't going insane, I would be careful with the Klonopin as the WDs are much worse than SSRI's

I got the "brain zaps" as well when I switched SSRIs. These are unpleasant but will wear off eventually. Are you taking any other anti-depressants in place of the SSRI ?

Nope I tapered off of sertraline (zoloft) down to 25 mg then went cold turkey from there. I've been on citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline for the past 2.5 years and decided I was done with them. Feeling a lot better for it :)