• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best strain for music?

Noahhatesme

Bluelighter
Im a music nerd so personally when i smoke i always go straight for the music. Just sounds 10 times better high. But ive noticed some strains have this effect more than others. What are yalls favorites? Any strains that are superior for this purpose?

I used to hate dnb before , id hear and just think its like pots and pans a load of shit, was always a lover of Trance , hard house hard dance then some hardstyle too , MDMA fueled this was great choice for events always with mdma and ketamine combo constantly, i did however used to like oldschool 90s trance when i was a teen and having not tried any drugs , i enjoyed the build ups then the euphoric parts.
Then at 21 i tried cannabis and i remember listening to a UKF dnb album with the 8th i bought from the dudes i smoked with and went home.
after trying weed dnb never sounded the same again it was much deeper sounding like i appreciated it more was literally like someone played around with the sound equaliser in my brain for music and adjusted the bars so its not tinny or flat and just rich. I just keep listening and downloading mix after mix from youtube i think have around 30gb of dnb mixes lol
I dont like jungle dnb much still though to this day.
ive heard that silver bubble is good for music creation or creativity in that area, i have found any strain though makes my music sound a bit chunkier

I'm kind of at the opposite end of the musical spectrum as our friend Darksidesam. lol. Nothing wrong with trance or dnb, just not my bag anymore.

Not much chills me out more than a good indica hybrid and some Townes Van Zandt. His lyrics are on a whole other level compared to the garbage being put out today. And his guitar chops are nothing to dismiss. His best work were his live albums. Nothing more than a man, his balls, and a guitar.

Getting high enhances music a lot, but eventually you get distracted or sleepy and lose focus on it. It's not like a classic psychedelic which enhances sooo much more and for so long.

Anyway, any up or "psychedelic" high allows the enhancement to go on longer. Pick your poison as to what you define that as.

When it comes to the music i listen to high i usually go for smashing pumkins, deftones, declan mkenna, marilyn manson, and the brobecks.
Heres my favorite tracks from each.

Not done it in a while but I honestly get the best buzz ever smoking a few pipes of a nice sativa base strain, cup of coffee and blast the exercise bike with tunes on. 👌

d8d08c9e516a868d08c391a9793c661c_w200.webp

Never really got this specific questions. That weed you like for enjoying stuff you’ll like for enjoying music!

Also never really got folks that look out “music for tripping”, what you feel is good in the moment will be good.

Never really got this specific questions. That weed you like for enjoying stuff you’ll like for enjoying music!

Also never really got folks that look out “music for tripping”, what you feel is good in the moment will be good.
I think reggae became a thing together with mary jane.

I like a landrace sative strain like durban poison or red congo. But when im trying to chill a indica like the hash you get here called ol skipper hash or something like northern lights or dutch treat would be best. Depensds on the mood im in. If i was working out then obviously then red congo would be best

I like to have edibles, a vape pen and pre-rolls and then I listen to either Oresund Space Collective or Infected Mushroom. The former is Space Rock and the latter is PsyTrance. I'd have to say for me I like edible on top of smoking/vaping b/c then the music gets all warbly.

Tom

Yeah, dub just as much. Some other genres also to big extent. Stoner rock?
hip hop lyrical-miracle bullshit for me.

can't lie, though, there are artists I love in a ridiculous assortment of genres.

I recently dropped one artist I've been in love with lately in the CD Social, but aside from her I've basically been sticking with Token, Crooked I/KXNG Crooked, and old school Eminem (like everything before 2006 but fuck Infinite, though) when it comes to rap... but I really like the old backpacker scene, so sometimes I'll throw a couple artists from Rhymesayers Ent. in the mix but it's becoming rarer and rarer these days.... Brother Ali, Cunninlynguists, Evidence.... and after all them I definitely fuck with Hopsin, man! Love that angsty mother fucker

And then you might catch me vibing to some Incubus, or Thursday, or the Doors (maybe Pink Floyd but the Doors are better, fight me), or even fuckin' APOCALYPTICA. Saves the Day might hit when I'm feelin' some type of way and wanna put myself right back on the bus again in 7th grade.

But then the next day I might've gotten a little too drunk and fell in with some country/pop shit, vibin' out on a video game to Kyndal Inskeep or Kelly Rose or maybe I might be in the mood for Shania Twain to tell me about her man and shit.

AND DAWG! Don't even get me started on that Jamaican reggae/rap/whatever the fuck the genre is. That shit gets me me so zen fuckin' with some Protoje` and Chronixx, and then once I run out of that new shit you already know I'm lookin' for the best of the Marley brothers.

I wish I could help with pinpointing strains that would help enhance a.... uhhhh..... a "musical vibe?" Honestly, though, I feel like the focus should be less on strains and more on individual terpenes, compounds and cannabinoids and their corresponding effects.
I feel like CBG and CBV might be something you're looking for (or OP is looking for, I don't even know who posted this anymore) just from my own personal experience since having legal stores open up in my area.

Terpenes might be key here, though, because there's a few of them that do a whole lot more than just smell real good.

*EDITED because I get drunk and need to make shit presentable

Last edited: