• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best ROA for 1 year old opium?

Cream Gravy?

Bluelight Crew
Hey Bluelighters,

My roomy wondered off at a festival last year while I was stuck tripping in my sleeping bag (which was great, it was too damn cold outside!) and he came back with a ball of opium in his pocket, unaware of how he obtained it (after like three hours hah). We've tried to smoke it before, usually to no effect (on top of weed). We still have a big glob of it, and to the best of my knowledge it seems like real opium.

I'm really interested in making some sort of Laudenum, or tincture out of it. The amount I have is no larger round than a penny, maybe a dime, and is rounded into a ball (sorry, my scale broke ages ago). How would I go about effectively doing this?

Any advice is much appreciated guys. Have a good day!

Anyone? Looking to make a tincture similar to a hash tincture, would it work in a similar fashion or be completely ineffective?

Dissolve in strong alcohol (vodka for instance)...et voila! Laudanum.

Be careful with this. Laudanum was notorious for accidental ODs because potentcy of opium varies from batch to batch.

Last edited:
Dissolve in strong alcohol (vodka for instance)...et voila! Laudanum.

Be careful with this. Laudanum was notorious for accidental ODs because potentcy of opium varies from batch to batch.

Okay, I got some Gem Clear recently (190 proof) and I plan on making a one oz hash tincture, could I dissolve the opium in one oz of liquor? If I used a brown dropper bottle to dose, would the consistency be thin enough to drop? I figure that way I can titrate up the dose. Can it absorb sublinguily or will I need to swallow it?

Yeah that would work.
You need to make it 50% opium, and I would do the rest as 20% alcohol and 30% water because even drops of pure alcohol will be dangerous.
Yes you can use it sublingually.

If you want to make proper laudanum then the ratio should be 10% opium (dry weight) and a lower strength alcohol (40% is good).

Just be careful, laudanum is powerful stuff.

Yeah that would work.
You need to make it 50% opium, and I would do the rest as 20% alcohol and 30% water because even drops of pure alcohol will be dangerous.
Yes you can use it sublingually.

If you want to make proper laudanum then the ratio should be 10% opium (dry weight) and a lower strength alcohol (40% is good).

Just be careful, laudanum is powerful stuff.

Okay, so first you say 50% opium ratio, is that only if I use the grain alcohol?

So then if I used 80 proof alcohol instead, I wouldn't need to mix in water, and I would use 10% opium rather than 50%?

Also if you don't mind my asking, how is the grain alcohol dangerous if used in tiny amounts from a dropper? From what I've read on cannabis tinctures you HAVE to use as high a proof as possible (of course that's in the case of cannabis).

Ive probably over-stated the actual danger of the alcohol.
If you make a tincture with high proof stuff and are only using a couple of drops, it will likely be fine.

Just be careful with holding high proof alcohol under the tounge as it can cause minor/moderate chemical irritation to sensitive parts of the mouth.

Eat it. Wash tiny bits with water, and take more after an hour or two if you can't feel it.
It can be subtle - but powerful and excruciatingly long lasting if you overdo it (assuming it's real).
Respect it, don't be reckless with it or it will make you violently sick.
Work your way up - redosing works fine, so there is no excuse for starting with a big dose.

Less is more - and oral is best, for me anyway. Empty-ish stomach. Chuck it in some warm tea or something.

but forget the alcohol IMO.
the two don't mix happily for me

Eat it. Wash tiny bits with water, and take more after an hour or two if you can't feel it.
It can be subtle - but powerful and excruciatingly long lasting if you overdo it (assuming it's real).
Respect it, don't be reckless with it or it will make you violently sick.
Work your way up - redosing works fine, so there is no excuse for starting with a big dose.

Less is more - and oral is best, for me anyway. Empty-ish stomach. Chuck it in some warm tea or something.

but forget the alcohol IMO.
the two don't mix happily for me
So you just eat your opium? Like stick a small piece into your tea and presto? I wanted to do the alcohol tincture simply because I want to dissolve it into the easiest way to measure a dose once I get used to it.

Ive probably over-stated the actual danger of the alcohol.
If you make a tincture with high proof stuff and are only using a couple of drops, it will likely be fine.

Just be careful with holding high proof alcohol under the tounge as it can cause minor/moderate chemical irritation to sensitive parts of the mouth.
Would you recommend mixing in say a pinky nail sized piece of opium with about an oz of alcohol to start? Being that I have no experience with this I am unsure if mixing in the amount I have all at once would be a bad idea. Of course I'm not gonna just throw back the whole bottle in one gulp, I just wana be sure if I'm using one drop it wont fuck me up too bad either. I would want to shake it plenty before each use, correct?

Edit: It should be mentioned that we've attempted to smoke this before but to no effect, I assume because just putting a lighter to it wont get it hot enough.

I dont think the potency will fuck you up, opium is a subtle drug with a steep dose curve (it will feel subtle until you go a little too much and then bam!lol) but you gave got more wiggle room then with heroin or prescription opioids.

The golden room with this sort of situation is to start small and build slowly.
Re-dose every half hour/hr and dont be heroic and you will be fine.

Yes you can dissolve opium in a hot drink. Opiates have great solubility in water, even cold water.
The main reasons laudanum was made in the past was to preserve opiates in liquid form and to make medical use easier.

Your inability to get a high from smoking it might not be a reflection on its potency but more on your inexperience.
Smoking opium is an artform and takes a while to perfect.
I will say that you were on the right lines by not allowing the flame to touch the opium.
You also have to 'work' the opium before 'mounting' it for smoking and heat it slowly til its really bubbling.

Last edited:
So you just eat your opium? Like stick a small piece into your tea and presto? I wanted to do the alcohol tincture simply because I want to dissolve it into the easiest way to measure a dose once I get used to it.

Pretty much, yeah. Smoking it is a hassle/waste - unless you have heaps of O, the right paraphernalia and the right technique.
Oral is long lasting and is some people's favourite opiate.
Opium is extremely soluable in water.
I'm not sure how much alcohol you'd need in the mix to preserve it - if thats what you want to do - but this would only be worthwhile IMO if you have enough to last a long time. Making a water solution and freezing it would be just as effective.
I just dont see what you'd gain by adding alcohol. For me it always negated the effects somewhat.

I dont think the potency will fuck you up, opium is a subtle drug with a steep dose curve (it will feel subtle until you go a little too much and then bam!lol) but you gave got more wiggle room then with heroin or prescription opioids.
This is very true. Work your dose up slowly - and don't expect that typical "rush" people chase.
It's a gradual come- up, and that's just how it is.

Last edited:
^
I thought making the laudanum was maybe a novelty type experiment but I agree that freezing the solution would be just as effective.

Pretty much, yeah. Smoking it is a hassle/waste.
Oral is long lasting and is some people's favourite opiate.
Opium is extremely soluable in water.
I'm not sure how much alcohol you'd need in the mix to preserve it - if thats what you want to do - but this would only be worthwhile IMO if you have enough to last a long time. Making a water solution and freezing it would be just as effective.
I just dont see what you'd gain by adding alcohol. For me it always negated the effects somewhat.
I doubt that I have enough to want to preserve it, I'm just unsure of how potent it will be, and because of that I feel I might want to save it for a period if there's enough (I mean because it has been sitting in a pill bottle for a year without me caring to do anything with it till now).

Pill bottle?
Break off little bits and eat it.
When I used, opium was my #1 favourite.
Natural perfection; can't be beat!
I'd just put it in solution to speed up absorption, which is far from an issue anyway.
Enjoy your alkaloid cocktail :)

Yeah, I put it in a pill bottle because that's generally what me and my roommate use to store drugs that we don't want to go bad (Usually put LSD in them wrapped in foil, but I don't think I've ever kept acid past like, a week hahah). I'm not sure if it's air tight, just seemed the logical thing to do at the time.

Thanks for y'all's replies, they've really cleared up my questions. Here's to hoping it's real opium after a year of waiting hahah.

My response to the "pill bottle" thing just gave me some idea of the quantity you're holding. Sounds fine to me, especially if it seals.
Opium has a sort of fruity, flowery smell.
It's a rare commodity - enjoy.

Yeah, I wish the bottle was full hah. I'd say that the amount I have is about the size of a quarter if I were to flatten it out as much as possible. Is that a small amount? It's really my roomie's ball of resin, so I'm wondering if there's enough to potentially dose two people.

Could 2 be doses, if it's pure. Could be more.
Depending on tolerance, purity, I'd rest the waters (so to speak) with 1/8th of that, or less.
If it's any good, you should know about it with that kind of dose.
but yeah, so long as it's what is is purported to be, that should be 2 doses easily.

just remember that unlike many drugs, it is fine to re-dose on. So if 2/3 hours in, you feel nothing, you can still get there by having more (if necessary)

Alrighty, thanks very much for your advice! It looks exactly like pictures/descriptions of opium I've seen, and smells fruity/flowery, but in an odd sense. Obviously I'm unaware of what opium normally smells like hah. I'll give it a go this weekend maybe. And I'll be dosing very lightly from the start. Thanks again!