• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Best Medication For Stopping Teeth Grinding?

Eisbaer

Bluelighter
Does anyone know of any good medications that work to stop teeth grinding during sleep?

Is this an issue that occurs when you are in bed but still awake, or does it happen when you are actually asleep?

I've never heard this before, but I would guess the best thing to help with this would be something that totally knocks you out like benzos. But those cant be taken every day, so maybe unisom or melatonin.

Is this an issue that occurs when you are in bed but still awake, or does it happen when you are actually asleep

This is a decent size key to the puzzle..

But without knowing that answer, If a doctor prescribes anything for teeth grinding, it's usually a muscle relaxer.
Furthermore, avoid caffeine, alcohol, and stimulants, especially before bedtime. One other thing you can do to avoid damage, is to wear a mouth guard, like the ones football players where. When you first get it, you need to boil it, so it becomes soft, then clinch down on it while it's still hot, holding it there until it cools off. What that process does is forms the mouth guard to make a perfect shape for your teeth.

Last edited:
Many different medications have been used to treat bruxism,[12] including benzodiazepines, anticonvulsants, beta blockers, dopamine agents, antidepressants, muscle relaxants, and others. However, there is little, if any, evidence for their respective and comparative efficacies with each other and when compared to a placebo. (Wikipedia, Bruxism)
so an occlusal splint is imo your best bet

i knew a guy who would take magnesium whenever he was on MDMA, said it stopped his gurn

my friend found coco before bed would help any teether grinding or gnawing when he went to bed after doings qs of meph h and crack oh and if that aint enough my friend also said to put a nice shot of brandy in with the coco

nicotine patch at bedtime stops my teeth grinding. Teeth grinding occurs in REM sleep because your brain has no rewarding dopamine and too much re-uptaken dopamine and so it's trying to get it out.

^ Calcium supplement is linked to causing a nervous system issue when combining strong uppers with strong downers, nerve damage can occur.

Get a mouth guard.

Calcium supplementation ain't gonna cause nerve damage, either...

I imagine a Benzodiazepine would be pretty effective at reducing this sort of "subconscious" behavior. I've heard that certain supplements like Magnesium can help alleviate the symptom.