• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best location on the body for fastest absorption for a 75mcg/hour fentanyl patch.

Oxymuncher

Bluelighter
I have a patch of this strength and have the tolerance to safely carry it, where on my body should I place it so I get the best high? I can apply heat to increase the transdermal transmission.

tldr; Is there a "Best" location to place it. I haven't found anything said about this.

This is a pretty dangerous line of inquiry no matter what your tolerance is. There's a lot of fent in there and it can absorb unpredictably if you do weird stuff with the patch. That said, the manufacturers might provide you with a convenient answer to your question as I bet they list where not to apply the patch.

I don't know a definitive answer to the question though. It stands to reason the area you're looking for would be both very vascular and relatively thin skinned. That would be the face and neck.

I'd still suggest you don't do this though. Or apply heat. The patches are plenty strong with themselves and tampering with them is unpredictable and nonlinear. Fucking with fentanyl is always a good way to die.

I'm on 200mg of oxycodone daily, prescribed for pain. It varies from 130-200 depending on how bad my pain is. I have no intention of eating it, tampering with it. Trust me, I want to stay alive as much as anyone. I'm not going into this recklessly, I was on them while I was in the hospital and they always put them on my back, in a relatively high-fat area.

So your logic seems sound, a thin-skinned area, and I'll remove it after 60 minutes and wait 3 hours to see how that affects me.

TO ANYONE READING THIS IN THE FUTURE, DO NOT EAT OR CHEW PATCHES. THEY ARE DESIGNED TO LAST 72 HOURS AND HAVE THAT MUCH MEDICATION IN.

So the pamplet that comes with most fent patches states outer upper arm, top left or right of chest, top left or right of back. There's a diagram of exactly where if you just Google the manufacturer.

Just wanted to let you know, that depending on the brand of the patch it can vary. Also if you share a bed with anyone be very careful when you go to sleep. When I first started using the patches I had a terrible time keeping them to stay on. Especially at night, and my partner came very close to rolling on one. I finally had to switch to other medications because of several factors but the trouble with keeping them on was a major one. As to answer your question, the upper arms are usually alright, you might just need to do a bit of trial and error. As different people can vary. I hope this is somewhat helpful, if you have any questions or problems please let me know I would be glad to try and help as best I can. Hope you have a great day, and best of luck!! :)