best Live DJ's

hey Fast A ae you talking about these Essentia Mixes
Paul Oakenfold - "Goa 2" Essential Mix 10-19-1997 - A Rare Short Treat and
Paul Oakenfold - Essential Mix - The Goa Mix 12-18-1994 i hve both of them and they are hard to come by

-digweed
-dave seaman!
-timo maas
-Mauro Picotto...
smile.gif
wink.gif

Ok, I've seen lots of dj's live. Some are playing great sets but are not very entertaining to watch. My faves so far.....
Drumroll......number one.....Superstar Dj Keoki ~ SO good!!!
And I also enjoy Mark Lewis and Derrick Carter. Sandra Collins.

In random order...
*Laurent Garnier(Live)
*Ubar Tmar(Live)
*Hixxy(DJ)
*Richie Hawtin(DJ)
*Speedy J(Live)
*Thomas Schumacher(DJ)
I'm seeing Squarepusher(Live) Thursday week and I would be incrediably suprised (and disappointed) if he didn't pop into the list.
------------------
"Rock over London, rock on Chicago!" - Wesley Willis

Heineken4u
I have to agree, TIESTO is fucking amazing, anyone who has seen him knows it and anyone who hasn't do not miss him! He has great energy and dances and smiles through his entire set, I cant believe more people arent saying BT, he is just amazing, MARS, oh yeah! Just beautiful sets, and I just saw DORAN well actually I heard him wasnt paying too much attention to him, but the music was insane, Also just saw JON BISHOP, wow, he rocked the house and he was just dancing away and pumping up the crowd, I love when dj's show that they are loving what they are doing!Oh yeah, the NEW KEOKI, insane truly original music, don't know anything about him before the last six months, cant wait to see him at Cyber, hope he doesn't let down!
People I wanna see
-kimball , I've hung with him ,but I haven't seen him spin, I'm kinda mad at him though cause he showed up at the global music fest in long beach yesterday, but decided he didnt feel like playing, lost some respect from me
-sasha and digweed, don't like the cd's way to mellow for me, but I hear live they are amazing
DJ THAT I DO NOT EVER CARE TO SEE
-oakie, saw him at the last nocturnal in la and he had a huge crowd which just dwindled as his set kept going, BORING
-DFuse, was going to see him at global music fest in long beach but they had him on early for some reason, not fair from what I am reading about, kept looking out for him all day before I found out.
PS I LIKE CAPS!!!

Thanks Gouryella.
------------------
Hard House & E. Yes please!!

The Best:
1) John Digweed (He starts off very slow and after a while he becomes relentless . . . . this guy is by far better than any other DJ in this world)
2) Max Graham/D:Fuse (These are the next 2 big guns in the DJ'ing world . . . . I get to see D:Fuse regularly because he is a resident at one of the clubs here in SF. Max is turning into a progressive God too)
3) Sandra Collins/Donald Glaude/Nick Warren/Taj (All amazing in different ways)
the Worst:
1) Kimball Collins (anybody who thinks this guy can mix is a dipshit . . . . even his mixes are a total rip off of everybody elses work)
2) Christopher Lawrence (a studio only guy because he is shit in front of a crowd)
3) Paul Oakenfold (A true studio master . . . probably the best in the studio . . . he has few skills when it comes to performing live and his mixing is mediocre at best)
4) Tiesto (he appeals to more candy ravers than anybody else now because he lacks progression in his sets . . . . his studio work is awesome though)

nick warren was dope, similiar to his recorded sets. paul oakenfold was amazing also, he just plays bomb tracks. hybrid (live) they were amazing the first time i saw them at ULTRA (the first one), and good two other times as well. dieselboy is always good live, great mixing. i've also been disapointed by alot of djs i thought would be good, christopher lawrence being one of them. and for local talent little nemo always throws down the hottest shit and gets the crowd crazy.

1)Kimball Collins
2)Kimball Collins
3)Kimball Collins
I haven't seen him in quite a while but I grew up on the "Ahhz" parties he used to throw in Orlando FL back in the day. I guess this makes me kind of biased but I still think he's one of the best.
PS
Dr.E, you might feel differently if you could have attended some of those parties, but everyone's entitled to thier opinion. Even if yours is wrong (LOL). I do agree with you on Digweed though. He always lays down massive sets.
[This message has been edited by Toadstool (edited 13 July 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Toadstool (edited 13 July 2001).]

PLUMP DJs
Rennie Pilgrem
Freq Nasty
------------------
When it comes, i won't even notice, i'll be too busy looking good...