View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Best herb to smoke dmt with?

adf1234

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I'm having trouble breaking through on DMT. First I made "The Machine" but it didn't really work out for me... I'm sure im doing it right but found it extremely hard to vaporize all the dmt. So today I tried lacing the DMT with an herb and got a much better trip, but still didn't break through. The herb I used was dried oregano, just smoking the oregano by itself was pretty harsh, I had a hard time taking big hits.

So what I was wondering was, is there any herbs out there that are pretty neutral on the throat? An herb that I can get at any grocery store, like taragon or cilantro or something... No MJ.

Use ash or multiple layers of screens in a bowl. That is what I use. I'm not even a fan of putting it on fresh marijuana as I feel it is harder to get the DMT to vap correctly. If you have some sort of herb, I'd say smoke a little of it so the top becomes ash (if you are using a bowl piece such as a spoon), and then just lay the DMT on the top. Load up a fat bowl, 60mg+ if you are having trouble breaking through.

Passion flower is a popular DMT carrier, and it'll help you break through (it's a mild MAOI).

i found oregano to be pretty good when theres not alot of selection.

if you can, try to get some catnip or milk thistle, i enjoyed their flavor

Passion flower is a popular DMT carrier, and it'll help you break through (it's a mild MAOI).

Its pretty useless in that regards though (as an MAOi). I find passionflower to be relatively harsh too....

The technique which I use is Ze Bong. If your used to smoking bongs, then you know how to smoke slowly (kinda titrate the smoke inhalation). Just put some weed or something like blue lotus or mullein at the base of the cone, DMT on top o that and more weed or herbs on top of that. Try and ONLY light the herbs; they will heat up enought to vaporise the DMT, and the bottom layer will help you not pull the DMT into the bong. When all is aflame, pull that shit on through to the other side....But really, the fool-proof method is to load 100-150mg's in there and just suck the fucking shit out of it; if you have lotsa DMT then you can do that and not worry about technique or whatnot...

Just make sure you can put the bong down somewhere quickly without breaking it; cos its gonna be going down quickly either way ;)

I loaded it with ~65mg, what I did was just dissolve the DMT into the oregano and hit that like I hit some bud. I was gone for like 8 mins, but no breakthrough. After I hit it I still found a little bit of the oregano stuck to the sides of the pipe, so I really only hit like 55mg or something. I tried to find peppermint and stuff but it wasn't available at my local grocery store, neither is passion flower. I have maybe like 150mg left so I wanna just try it with the herb since it worked out pretty well this time, and I don't feel like doing another extraction.

I find dissolving it into the herb completely gets rid fo the plasticy taste and besides the burning sensation from oregano very easy to smoke, thats why I'm asking if there are any herbs that you can smoke that wont burn that much :) Thanks for the replies all!

Edit: lol swillow, i took the 3rd hit and handed my bro the pipe... it felt like my arm shot out while my soul was being pulled back through 100 dimensions.. so crazy :O

Good old weed has always done the trick for me. I would put the spice in between layers of weed... and then smoke the entire bowl in 3 hits as fast as possible (it's usually difficult to take the last hit though)

I like a flavorful smoke to drown out the plastic smell. The mix of leaves from a bag herbal tea really lends something special to the experience of smoking DMT. SMELLS GREAT! I use "sleepytime" tea and it's extremely smooth, just rip the bag open and pour!

A little weed doesn't hurt neither...

I like a flavorful smoke to drown out the plastic smell. The mix of leaves from a bag herbal tea really lends something special to the experience of smoking DMT. SMELLS GREAT! I use "sleepytime" tea and it's extremely smooth, just rip the bag open and pour!

A little weed doesn't hurt neither...

I usually use an herbal tea too.. most of the time mint. Very gentle smoke

Just make sure you can put the bong down somewhere quickly without breaking it; cos its gonna be going down quickly either way ;)

my first time smoking DMT out of the bong i broke ze bong 8)

How about caapi leaves? That'll make for some serious changa.

Last edited:
^whole different ball game.

And should come with an MAOi interactions warning :)

^ Yes. As is herb, though -- it should be known that smoking DMT on top of cannabis will tint the experience to a degree. I prefer to break through on straight DMT.

ganja is and has been my prefered method....

i find just smoking straight crystal DMT to be very very harsh....

But add just a little weed to it and everything is much better....

Speaking of that i have about 50mg waiting for me in a pipe....

^ Yes. As is herb, though -- it should be known that smoking DMT on top of cannabis will tint the experience to a degree. I prefer to break through on straight DMT.

I've actually never smoked just DMT. I usually always will take a bong rip (.25g of potent MJ) 30 or so minutes beforehand.

My only problem with smoking DMT on some cannabis is that it seems to make me more confused(forgetful) and possibly paranoid the with just straight DMT. Of course in the middle of a break through it's nearly impossible to pick out just the effects of the cannabis. Either way I look forward to constructing 'the machine' and having some experiences with DMT alone.