• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Best drug for motivation

I suppose that pregabalin motivates me because it kills my anxiety without so much sedation (depending on the dose of course, mixing it with opiates was a one-way trip) pregabalin together with a "soft" stimulant such as modafinil seems like a good idea for your Purpose, but yes, both things are super addictive and pregabalin produces horrible withdrawals that resembles a horrible opiate + benzo withdrawal.

Very true. Gabapentinoids can produce a pretty serious withdrawal syndrome. If OP decides he wants to go this route, we will certainly discuss responsible use and give him or her the full picture.

You can use Pregabalin responsibly without having to deal with withdrawal if you follow certain guidelines. As OP said, his focus needs are more situational than general so I dont think it's a bad idea.

I suppose that pregabalin motivates me because it kills my anxiety without so much sedation (depending on the dose of course, mixing it with opiates was a one-way trip) pregabalin together with a "soft" stimulant such as modafinil seems like a good idea for your Purpose, but yes, both things are super addictive and pregabalin produces horrible withdrawals that resembles a horrible opiate + benzo withdrawal.

What dose of pregabalin do you take when you take it with opioids? Doesn't it make you twitching? Hahaha very high doses of pregabalin cause me some scary tremors or twitches.
I thought Modafinil was not addictive. I guess it's best to only take it on occasions when you're a little down and need a boost.
Gracias bro por la info.

Very true. Gabapentinoids can produce a pretty serious withdrawal syndrome. If OP decides he wants to go this route, we will certainly discuss responsible use and give him or her the full picture.

You can use Pregabalin responsibly without having to deal with withdrawal if you follow certain guidelines. As OP said, his focus needs are more situational than general so I dont think it's a bad idea.

Yeah man. I have already taken pregabalin and at least it doesn't cause me addiction because I feel its euphoric effects only for the first few days, after that it doesn't cause me anything. Also, I don't like its effects very much. For anxiety or insomnia, it works great in any case.

What dose of pregabalin do you take when you take it with opioids? Doesn't it make you twitching? Hahaha very high doses of pregabalin cause me some scary tremors or twitches.
I thought Modafinil was not addictive. I guess it's best to only take it on occasions when you're a little down and need a boost.
Gracias bro por la info.
It depends on the occasion. I have taken 900mg of pregabalin (with tolerance) and 150mg of oxycodone quietly, but I have also done 1200mg of pregabalin and 600mg of tramadol, as a boost for opiates it works well with a dose of 300mg or 450mg to give a more opiate touch to the tramadol for example. But I advise against those doses. I would say that 300mg of pregabalin with 100mg or less of modafinil might be a good idea for your purpose, but I don't know your tolerance and reaction, so if i were you would try modafinil without pregabalin first. I have GAD and Modafinil did not cause me as much anxiety as other stimulants, combining it with lyrica was excellent.

and..
No, I never had shakes or anything like that with high doses of pregabalin, the maximum I have ever taken was 2.5 grams at that point it becomes dissociative, and overwhelming, to the point of totally losing consciousness and leaving my body.

I don't understand how I didn't die with those combos, oxy, lyrica and somas ...
Lo que si puedo decir es que es cierto lo que decis, al principio el dia 1 una dosis de 450mg o 600mg te van a hacer sentir como si estuvieras en un opiaceo y es super placentero, los dias posteriores ya no, ni aunque hagas tu dosis x6 mas. Pero funciona de manera excelente para la ansiedad y la motivacion sin esa euforia

Gracias bro por la info.

Yeah man. I have already taken pregabalin and at least it doesn't cause me addiction because I feel its euphoric effects only for the first few days, after that it doesn't cause me anything. Also, I don't like its effects very much. For anxiety or insomnia, it works great in any case.

Modafinil combines beautifully with clonazepam or alprazolam, gabapentinoids could be similar, but I don't have 1st hand experience with that combo. I also used modafinil for a fairly long time with no addiction or withdrawal upon discontinuation; this could be an individual issue, I've never heard of a modafinil addiction. I can't, however, say with any certainty that its outside the realm of possibility.

Modafinil combines beautifully with clonazepam or alprazolam, gabapentinoids could be similar, but I don't have 1st hand experience with that combo. I also used modafinil for a fairly long time with no addiction or withdrawal upon discontinuation; this could be an individual issue, I've never heard of a modafinil addiction. I can't, however, say with any certainty that its outside the realm of possibility.

It is true that it is less addictive than other more euphoric stimulants, but the regular use of any drug can lead to dependence

Modafinil combines beautifully with clonazepam or alprazolam, gabapentinoids

That's true man. But I don't want to start taking benzos this time. Most of the time when I take benzos I don't have self-control. I am not addicted but I have abused benzos. I prefer not to take them until I feel more responsible.

Hi guys.

Let's say that this year I have to submit a degree thesis and I can't find the motivation to start it. Or that I have a job that I hate and that I still have to get up every morning and go.

What would be the best drug to motivate me? Stimulants, antidepressants, steroids, opioids? I don't consider myself a person with depression, just a little anxiety.

I was thinking maybe modafinil but I don't want to get too anxious.

What do you guys think?
Have you looked into 'Nootropics'?

There's a whole bunch of them that come with differing effects... I'm sure some of them are quite good for motivation/focus etc..

Have you looked into 'Nootropics'?

There's a whole bunch of them that come with differing effects... I'm sure some of them are quite good for motivation/focus etc..

No, in fact I didn't know about nootropics.
Thanks for the link. It looks very interesting.
Do you take any? Would you recommend any?

Phenyl-piracetam is supposed to be the most stimulating / noticable out of all *racetams. I personally don't feel it much but a friend of mine tried same product and says 100mg is clearly noticable.

Nicotine can also be a powerful stimulant if you're a non-smoker but considering the short duration and need for redosing with diminishing returns it's probably not advisable for this scenario.

Some notroopics from *Racetam family have to be taken continuously for weeks or more and effects last a while which might be what you need.

As far as instantenous lift goes i find amphetamine to be much better than methylphenidate or caffeine which i don't even notice.
10mg of speed or 5mg of dextroamphetamine should be enough.

The same thing happens to me as you, stimulants almost always give me anxiety. Even the coffee. Everyone in my family is anxious, so it must be genetic.
There really seems to be a predisposition, of whatever kind, for some individuals. But there are sources of coffeine other than that of the coffee bean, e.g. guarana and the kola nut. They are metabolized a bit different probably due to other compounds they contain; the kola nut has i.a. theobromine in it for example. Some people, including me, find that the effect is less of a rush, less jittery and racy compared to coffee, but i don't have much experience with continuous use or higher doses for that matter since i don't rely on coffeine in general. I also don't think it is motivating per se, it helps to mobilize resources but they can easily flow into being unmotivated or distracted as well, so..

Supersonic and company, very interesting stuff. Many folks with legitimate ADHD describe their most prominent emotion as bein anxiety. I was diagnosed and I can say the same. I might have the brain power, but harnessing it, using it and organizing the thoughts within can seem impossible.
I also think there is something to this, meaning that anxiety, worry, stress, feeling not good in general is a direct result of constantly being distracted, lost in thought etc. I don't have a 'official' diagnosis (and i'm not sure i want one) but after having read some of the literature on that, i think it would be easy to give me at least a couple of "mental disorders". But i can't shake off the view that "it's just a miraculous chemical imbalance, a pathology that requires pills" is neither the source nor the solution for this sort of stuff. Which leads me to..
I think mankind is mean to feel good and that is what we are all after, happiness or our unique definition of that concept. Drugs are a great way to imitate being nearer to that being and/or feeling...
After 'having extensively shopped the spiritual supermarket' (as the late T. McKenna used to say) it really seems that way, that just being here is intrinsically joy- and blissful for humans. It's just that we do all we can to NOT do/be that, ..our minds are out of control. But that's another discussion..

I won't recommend anything obviously, but here's an anecdote

When I took Focalin I got structured ideas that I could actually write out, but I didn't have to. It was an in-control feeling with just enough motivation that it didn't knock me down. The good thing was it only worked when I took 1 pill. If I went over that, it made me feel high. It also doesn't keep you going more than a couple hours, maybe 2.5 or 3 hours per dose. I could redose 5 times a day, spaced apart and be fine to go to sleep at night

I won't advise anyone to try stimulants though. It seems like some people can react negatively to them

Supersonic and company, very interesting stuff. Many folks with legitimate ADHD describe their most prominent emotion as bein anxiety. I was diagnosed and I can say the same. I might have the brain power, but harnessing it, using it and organizing the thoughts within can seem impossible.

When I take a stimulant, this all goes away and I forget what it even felt like to be mentally disheveled. Interestingly, Gabapentinoids do the same thing. It begs the question, "is anxiety itself the main problem?"

Sonic, I wouldn't necessarily say Gabapentinoids have true stimulant properties, but they have powerful anxiolytic properties. My motivation, organization and thought processes are all set free.

So I guess it isn't so crazy to recommend Pregabalin for this purpose, especially prior to trying a CNS stimulant. Very interesting guys. Obviously, use as a study-aid a la Amphetamine would be completely off-label. Its use as an anxiolytic though is medically recognized and anxiety could be the root of the problem anyway.

Mankind not meant to feel that good. Haha. That is something I might've said before my first mega dose of LSD (Acid) at Furthur in Manchester, NH. It was the best I had ever felt, grooving to Bobby Weir. It was great.

However, that is obviously a different kind of feeling good. It's doesn't have that artificial quality that drugs inevitably have. I think we are all just looking for God. Is he a guy up in some invisible kingdom? Is God in every atom.

I think mankind is mean to feel good and that is what we are all after, happiness or our unique definition of that concept. Drugs are a great way to imitate being nearer to that being and/or feeling.

I think that's why drugs cause pain. They're not the way you're meant to find and be with God and experience ecstasy. Whatever God is, I think he wants us to experience ecstasy in loving and caring for others and having them likewise care and love for you.

That sounds pretty cool, but sadly, a lot of us dont have that kind of Love. Some of us are pretty far away from the light.

So when you say "mankind isn't meant to feel this good" it really strikes a chord with me. I dont think we are supposed to experience happiness by slamming Meth or Dope. I think man is meant to feel that good.

I guess what I'm getting at; the saddest thing is that I feel most of us know and can feel this. The drugs are just a substitute for love. Unfortunately, this type of happiness takes work and dedication. Caring about other people in a non-superficial way.

Mankind is meant to feel both good and bad. What we do is take the reins from nature herself and decide we want it now and in this exact way.
90% of what’s written on here are rantings from chemically damaged introverts anyway. That’s the truth. By the statement mankind not meant to feel that good, I simply meant God mode is reserved for God

Pers
Hi guys.

Let's say that this year I have to submit a degree thesis and I can't find the motivation to start it. Or that I have a job that I hate and that I still have to get up every morning and go.

What would be the best drug to motivate me? Stimulants, antidepressants, steroids, opioids? I don't consider myself a person with depression, just a little anxiety.

I was thinking maybe modafinil but I don't want to get too anxious.

What do you guys think?
Personally, Dextroamphetamine like Dexrtostat or Adderral

Nicotine can also be a powerful stimulant if you're a non-smoker but considering the short duration and need for redosing with diminishing returns it's probably not advisable for this scenario.

I quit smoking five years ago haha. But I never found it so stimulating or motivating. In fact, while I was smoking and minutes after doing it I was getting nervous and distracted, as well as mild dizziness. Weird thing.
Ritalin or elvanse is good to motivation

Does elvanse help you lose weight? I need a little help because this fuckin reclution is making me too fat, which will work better phentermine or elvanse?