• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best drug books

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
What are your favorite books about a novel or story of drug use, trafficking etc.?

Not really pikal type books which are more a science instruction guide...and not psychedelic McKenna stuff either. More hard drugs is what I'm asking.

I've read

Generation oxy
The one about Ross Ulbrict "kingpin" or something
F and loathing
Exctacy cowboys

Is the book requim for a dream any good? It's my favorite movie.

Last edited:
Drug use for grown ups. Still have to read it but heard good stuff and it's written by a scientific.
I m open to fiction but not plain lying in the face of statistics and calling it nonfiction or "scientific."

The guy that advocates that heroin can be used casually like a glass of wine? Anyone with a brain knows that's not how it ever goes.

That author is a poser as a hard drug user. Mainline some dilauded casually on the weekend with some rock cocaine blasts then write me another book in 2 years well see where you are.

Otherwise keep on with his weed addiction and writing about those few times he had a bump of heroin he barely felt and that means it's a soft drug.

Kinda a rant....but i get triggered when people insinuate that addiction isn't real.

Last edited:
The guy that advocates that heroin can be used casually like a glass of wine?

That author is a poser. Mainline some dilauded casually on the weekend then write me another book in 2 years well see where you are.
Okay, still haven't read the book, but read good reviews somewhere here. Think he experimented with heroin for the book but only during a few weeks. Heroin certainly can't be used like wine, if he tells that then he's indeed, umm.. not to taken too seriously. E.g. dissociatives could be used like alcohol but most people don't know or don't care about differencing.

Okay, still haven't read the book, but read good reviews somewhere here. Think he experimented with heroin for the book but only during a few weeks. Heroin certainly can't be used like wine, if he tells that then he's indeed, umm.. not to taken too seriously. E.g. dissociatives could be used like alcohol but most people don't know or don't care about differencing.
I think dissociatives are far more addicting than alcohol. I think they arebthe most mentally addicting drug of all besides crack. At low doses mxe was a functional everyday drug for me and amazing high feeling and superman feeling. Very addictive like that

Alcohol is a really shitty high with a heavy comedown so that's why I think addiction isn't as big a danger with alcohol.

I think dissociatives are far more addicting than alcohol. I think they arebthe most mentally addicting drug of all besides crack.
I used dissociatives for many years before I became addicted. I agree to that they are very rewarding, I'd choose a disso over an opioid almost any time and there was craving but for me it was similar or less than to alcohol or stims. Only became addicted after the only women I've ever loved dumped me and I was homeless for some time etc. then I began with multiple doses daily. Before it was 1-2 times a week, enjoyed the afterglow in-between and of course was it hard not to consume but if I was distracted by real life I could forget about them, and there was no real dependence, all mental.

Alcohol is indeed a shitty high. Once started, I kept drinking until I was either out of alcohol or asleep for no good reason other than the classical to forget.

Alcohol is indeed a shittt high
It is per se on paper..but in the moment u are using it it's hard to stop taking more. But i think that's more because you lose decision making hardcore on alcohol....not that it feels so good u need more like crack. Alcohol is Easy to not pick it up the next day tho.

A little Alcohol just really makes benzos really fucking good is all I can say positive about alcohol

A little Alcohol just really makes benzos really fucking good is all I can say positive about alcohol
Yeah, in my teens I loved to do 1mg lorazepam (was prescribed them for anxiety) or one zopiclone together with a few beers and it was much better than each alone but high risk of blackout. Wonder if this mix is a bit like quaaludes or barbs. But lost my driving license because of that which was the first big impact drugs had on my life.

• Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs is a heroin fueled collage of bizzaroland shit written after Burroughs accidentally shot his wife in the head playing William Tell and then moved to French Algiers for the heroin.
  • The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell by Aldous Huxley. These two works are often found published together and are both about mescaline.
  • The Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary
  • The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
  • LSD My Problem Child by Albert Hofmann
  • A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick is so good that I've read it at least 4-5 times. Fictional drug but relevant to many drugs.
  • Another favorite is probably Altered States by Paddy Cheyefsky which is a fictional book about some crazy fictional Amazonian mushrooms that make you trip out and also turn into some sort of caveman monster when you take them.

I read the first 2 or 3 chapters, didn’t really inspired me but it was touted as one of the greatest books in contemporary history. Will give it a try again perhaps. The author hanged himself in his garage?
It likely is.. big read id suggest keep reading, its just so massive that two or three chapters are not going to even come close to getting you rolling.

People speculate that the reason he may have killed himself, was that he would not be able to top IJ..

" Year of the Depend Adult Undergarment". its a fire work imho.. its just so unique for starters

Edit: also it brilliantly works through more of the end game of drug use.. the absurdity of the fellowships.. and addicts lovable bizarre behavior when he gets into the halfway house part..

Last edited:
I only remember a tennis club college, buying ounces of weed and watching media cartdriges on it.

Media cartridges are probably my least favorite part,, but who knows how that will work out.. it gets really into the carts for a min.. idk time for a bowl of lucky charms at that point..

I m open to fiction but not plain lying in the face of statistics and calling it nonfiction or "scientific."

The guy that advocates that heroin can be used casually like a glass of wine? Anyone with a brain knows that's not how it ever goes.

That author is a poser as a hard drug user. Mainline some dilauded casually on the weekend with some rock cocaine blasts then write me another book in 2 years well see where you are.

Otherwise keep on with his weed addiction and writing about those few times he had a bump of heroin he barely felt and that means it's a soft drug.

Kinda a rant....but i get triggered when people insinuate that addiction isn't real.
He isn't saying anywhere that addiction isn't real, but that it isn't what we're generally told it is, that's to say some outside force that somehow 'afflicts' you. He's also a neuroscientist and he ran a ton of behavioural experiments with addicts. And he came from a neighbourhood where crack was a big problem, and actually began his studies with the entirely opposite convictions; it was in the process of those studies that he changed several of his views. If you're pursuing research with an initial bias and the express intention of finding corroboration for opinions you've already formed, AND THEN your research comes up with results that run counter to and challenge those opinions, it's something that can't just be discarded.

PS also, if heroin allegedly can't be used casually, THEN WHAT THE HELL HAVE I BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS

Last edited:
Recent buys:

Narcomania: How Britain Got Hooked on Drugs

Drugs Without The Hot Air

Both actually decent enough reads.