• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Best dose of codeine

Ergan

Bluelighter
Hey just wondering what would be the best dose of codeine. I did 160mg about 4 days ago but it wasn't what I wanted. I have done up to 400mg but it seemed like a waste to me, so what u would like to know what dose would give me the best bang for my buck pretty much.

Your post makes no sense? what are you asking. If you didn't get what you were looking for at 400mg go to something stronger.

it all depends on your tolerance, are you a moderate, amateur, or experienced opiate user? If 400mg didn't get you where you wanted you should probably just throw the pills away and smoke some week and forget about using any opiates.

I don't think you guys get me. I'm asking is there a dose that will get me feeling good but won't give me some of the bad side effects. So what dose gives me the best effects and none of the bad.

No, the side effects of codeine go up with dosage but the euphoria doesn't necessarily.

If you are at 400mg and noting good is happening you should venture carefully with higher doses; they may make you excessively itchy or unpleasantly stimulated, but some people report success with up to 800mg. The general consensus is if you need more than about 400mg then you have a tolerance to opioid effects high enough to warrant using another, stronger per milligram opioid.

It is a better idea to trade 'em for other things, or use at a moderately low dose for actual pain (like if you get injured, toothache while you wait for dentists to Rx antibiotics, hangover etc.).

Nobody can tell you that, everyone has their limits and degree of tolerance (whether it be a natural tolerance or from opioid abuse). If you've already taken 400mgs you've pretty much got most of what codeine has to offer. You can try upping your dose but most people find that somewhere around the 400-500mg mark the high just stops increasing and the histamine side-effects continue to increase.

Even then the ceiling varies from person to person so it's litterally impossible to tell you what dose is gonna give you what you want without negative side-effects. If it were me I would up the dose by 100mgs and then over the next trials add 50 more mgs to my dose until I find a sweet spot... that's just me though.

I'm pretty sure 400mg is the ceiling for codiene so u must be one of the 24% of population whos livers can't convert codiene into our heavenly father morphine try oxycodone instead... Or just smoke weed :)

If you can't feel 400mgs of codeine, then its not for you. Your body doesn't break it down.

I felt 50mgs my first time & it was an amazing high. Like others have mentioned, move on to hydro or oxy or stick to weed.

To plays devils advocate some people report the ceiling being much higher than 400mgs, there's always a chance of getting a bit more out of codeine at a higher dose. It seems like for most people it only results in more histamine release though. I would agree that moving on is probably best at this point. I can't get a high from codeine even at huge doses, much weaker than even kratom or tramadol. Welcome to the poor metabolizer club :p.

Is the "dose-ceiling" a real phenomenon or a myth? There's a lot of conjecture, I've found.

Some people are poor metabolizers of codeine, like myself, there is no amount of codeine that gives me anything more than an itchy nose - which could have just been placebo itself. I'm not saying that that is the OP's problem specifically, but it sounds like it. Codeine should be metabolized into morphine at a 10:1 rate. I don't think 40mgs of po morphine is a wicked hefty dose, but it should give anyone who is naive (or close) opiate effects. If I were trying to differentiate an opioid high from placebo, I would find some different substances to work with, as others have said.

In my experience it's true, I can get a mild buzz around 500mgs and upping the dose adds nothing more than extra histamine release. There seems to be some debate about what the ceiling dose is due to it being much higher in certain individuals, however all typically reach a point of little return. I believe there's sound reasoning for the ceiling. IIRC your body can only metabolize a set amount of codeine to morphine. For some this ceiling is as high as a gram (never dose this high), most a lot closer to half that.

I have a script for Tylenol with codeine (the 3s - 30mg) and took three the other day at the same time for severe nerve pain.

Didn't do much for the nerve pain tbh, but it did cause some crappy sides like shaking and laziness.

I have no history of opioid use. Legit have probably taken 6 in my life and that was some wisdom teeth removal and fracturing my hand.

Should I get another opiate for the nerve pain? Why would codeine not work?

I have a script for Tylenol with codeine (the 3s - 30mg) and took three the other day at the same time for severe nerve pain.

Didn't do much for the nerve pain tbh, but it did cause some crappy sides like shaking and laziness.

I have no history of opioid use. Legit have probably taken 6 in my life and that was some wisdom teeth removal and fracturing my hand.

Should I get another opiate for the nerve pain? Why would codeine not work?

Read my last post. Don't take it as medical or scientific fact, but it may be a good place to start figuring this out. 90mgs isn't enough to get any of my friends high (back in high school), it's not that large of a dose. If you have a naturally heightened tolerance, however slight, you're not going to have the true "opiate experience" with this dose.

When you went through the tooth extraction/fracture, were you also given tylenol/codeine? I got 20 oxycodone 5/500 when I got mine out, they were heavily impacted though...

Opiates are generally regarded as being inferior to gabapentin and pregabalin for severe nerve pain, I would look into those medications before treading the opioid path. Low dose ketamine has been shown to be fantastic for nerve pain as well. During one of my hospital visits my doctor was raving about it in the room next to me, it seemed to work every time.

I was given hydrocodone for both. Like I said they were literally years ago

Codeine isn't recreational for everyone. If 400 mg didn't blow your socks off, maybe you should give up. 30 mg is enough to put me in a nice place for a few hours.

shoot.. for me with no tolerance 400mg would be overdose territory.. even with the caffiene 15 t1s cwed (120mg ish) will have me nodding.. i lay down in bed cause the nausea gets me and i just nod to waves of euphoria for hours. I used to do codeine a lot and the ceiling for me was about 4-500mg

as others said if you did that much and got nothing then your body aint processing it proper. youre either part of the population without CYP2D6 liver enzyme or your on a med that inhibits it (most antidepressants for instance)

im not kidding when i say if you gave me 120mg right now and i wasnt taking Wellbutrin that id be a ball of fuzz passing out

《Plasticity》;13083714 said:
Opiates are generally regarded as being inferior to gabapentin and pregabalin for severe nerve pain, I would look into those medications before treading the opioid path. Low dose ketamine has been shown to be fantastic for nerve pain as well. During one of my hospital visits my doctor was raving about it in the room next to me, it seemed to work every time.
there is docs that prescripe ketamine for nerve pain ? Wish that was my doc

I doubt it, it was just something being used to remedy the patients suffering from nerve pain at the ER. He was explaining how this patient was a repeat visitor for nerve pain and her opioids weren't cutting it. Because of this he decided to try low dose ketamine and it worked wonders. The only reason I brought it up was because people don't usually hear about NMDA antagonists being usefull for nerve pain. I would imagine low dose MXE would make for a great substitute with the addition of mood lifting/antidepressant effects. Something to look into for people suffering with treatment resistant nerve pain.