Social Best Albums of 2023! Let's Hear Your Picks!

Psychlone Jack

Bluelighter
So, we're here at the end of another one. What albums do you think dominated this year?

My music discovery has been kinda lacking, but one big highlight was "I Miss Mixtapes" by Norman Sann. I've been shying away from rap lately due to the sorry state of the shit that gets pumped into your ears on the radio, but this dude is a revivalist of art. 👍

Let's hear your picks for the best records of 2023! 😁

🫠✌️

I wish I had some picks. For whatever reason, music has not been hitting the same since I've gotten sober. Can't pick up the guitar, can't even listen to shit anymore. It sucks :/

If I'm being completely honest, that's sort of an ulterior motive for this thread, lol. Hopefully rekindle a love I KNOW is there. Without music, I know I wouldn't have made it through certain periods of my life, but I just can't seem to be bothered usually these days. I've gone months at at time recently without listening to music at all. 🙁

Albums?

I think youll have to hit up garages where there are actual guitars , drums
and maybe a moog

Albums?

I think youll have to hit up garages where there are actual guitars , drums
and maybe a moog

Soo, I'm not sure, are you saying albums, full length ones, are outdated, like an old platform? I mean it's certainly not as common, not the rule of music releases that it used to be, but whatever, maybe I should have just said "share your favorite music that came out in 2023?"

No
Im saying I havent heard anything
(commercially) in the last year that I could call 'music'

Last edited:
i guess Neil Young has a new album out as of December 8th called "before and after". i think it's acoustic versions of some of his older stuff. Here's one of the songs i've enjoyed most off of it. Some of Neil's best stuff in a while. i prefer this acoustic version to the original he did with Pearl Jam. Neil all old and messing with my head:

So, we're here at the end of another one. What albums do you think dominated this year?

My music discovery has been kinda lacking, but one big highlight was "I Miss Mixtapes" by Norman Sann. I've been shying away from rap lately due to the sorry state of the shit that gets pumped into your ears on the radio, but this dude is a revivalist of art. 👍

Let's hear your picks for the best records of 2023! 😁

🫠✌️

Check out Boris Brejcha, rttwlr, ann clue, deniz bull, Patrick slayer at FCKNG-SERIOUS music. They invented High-Tech-Minimal and it's AMAZING.

I wish I had some picks. For whatever reason, music has not been hitting the same since I've gotten sober. Can't pick up the guitar, can't even listen to shit anymore. It sucks :/
Music was better when I drank, and when there were actual albums, yes I know there are some sold, only 1 went gold according to what I read online. The music industry is dead. All I ever hear is older stuff, there seems like not much talent is being allowed to blossom(sorry too tired and down to use my mental thesaurus) NO new great bands like in the 50's---90's: ok some in the first decade of the new millienum( mis?)