• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos or other antidepressant

EllyMin

Greenlighter
Hi. I'm taking Antidepessant since 7 years ago.
I'm taking or taken SSRI, SNRI, benzos.

I'm suffering lethargy and unpleasure from my depression.

I wanna feel better with my medicines.
I've tried something with my medicines for better feeling, but it always makes me feel nothing.

I just wanna feel some euphoric or pleasure calmness.

I wanna use my medicines for recreation use but nothing works for that.

Last edited:
Benzos help relieve anxiety.

Anti-depressants help relieve depression.

If you're depressed because of anxiety--there are specific antidepressants for that. Someone close to me is on Zoloft for anxiety.. so some anti-depressants do overlap with benzo-like effects. It might help to get on an anti-depressant specifically for anxiety as well? Benzos put a bandaid on anxiety, not entirely cure it. And the GABA push-pull is a struggle in itself. Are you sure you want to go down the benzo route?

^SSRIs/SNRIs/TCAs haven't any effect anywhere close to reminiscent of any benzodiazepines I've tried. The closest I've seen is the extreme apathy of amitryptaline, but even that didn't feel like a benzo, it was just... apathy to the point of sedation.

OP, anti-depressant drugs are dangerous. They are more likely to cause rather than relieve symptoms of depression. If you want to stop having side-effects from SSRIs... stop taking them. There's nothing else for it, what you're describing is the common side-effect profile of these types of drugs; lethargy, lack of pleasure, loss of libido. God knows why 'anti-depressants' are still in use, it's very clear that they're ineffective and more harmful than helpful.

There is no easy answer to depression, and medications are generally the worst and easiest answer so people naively jump straight to that rather than address what it is in their life that's causing the depression.

now you need something different, I think that you have depression and anxiety if any is because depression, so you need some atypical antidepressants, there still one major neurotransmitter to act with which is dopamine, what you think about wallbutrine or modafinil will help with fatigue and motivation and depression but will not help with anxiety.

Might be something like mirtazapine can be helpful. However, most people here are no MDs and with the info given here no-one could really recommend anything. Sounds like there is no indication for modafinil, though.

Someone close to me is on Zoloft for anxiety.. so some anti-depressants do overlap with benzo-like effects. It might help to get on an anti-depressant specifically for anxiety as well? Benzos put a bandaid on anxiety, not entirely cure it. And the GABA push-pull is a struggle in itself. Are you sure you want to go down the benzo route?

No, SSRI, SSNRI, and so on, tend to make people less uncertain, but don't work for anxiety and panic attacks. At least not on their own.
If you suffer real anxiety attacks you'll HAVE to use something like benzos. Preferably quick-acting ones or a combination of quick- and long-acting benzos. As such anxiety attacks can come with symptoms such as hypersensitivity and akathisia.
I don't like it when people say such things as this suggests benzos might only be necessary in emergency medicine, but there are people out there wh actually need this type of medication and I'm under the impression it's becoming more and more difficult to get a prescription (for benzos) as many MDs share views similar to the one outlined in the quote above.

Ehh... no that's a crock of shit lol

I don't honestly understand what the O.P. is asking :?

Yeah I agree I took sertraline for almost a year and never saw much benefit. Maybe it was that I bought the bioequivalent not Zoloft brand. I don't know but venlafaxine or escitalopram worked better for me. Hell. Even fluoxetine hahaha.

I'm interested in hearing what medications do you take op @EllyMin