• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos NOT reducing fast heart rate. Metoprolol?

g_dan1

Bluelighter
For the last couple of days I've been experiencing very fast heart rate from high adderall doses (60-80mg). It's not really a problem during the day, but its still very high when i trying to fall asleep.

I've been taking melatonin, xanax, and etizolam to fall asleep and easy the comedown, which generaly works pretty well. However, somehow my heart is still pumping very fast even through I'm sedated from benzos (and natural sedative supplements). Is it normal? My mind is totally relaxed and even slightly euphoric, My body and muscles feel relaxed as well, but my heart is still beating fast...

I have this issue every time I use adderall or ritalin. Its very surprising actually that I'm able to fall asleep with 100+ bpm hear rate.

Can anyone tell me if metoprolol would be safe to use when coming down from Adderall? I read several threads saying that they beta blockers are very dangerous when combined with cocaine and ritalin. Some say that its dangerous with adderall as well and some say its safe. I would appreciate if someone could give me a definite answer regarding this issue.
Thanks!

From what I read it seems like adderall stimulates your body thru alpha and beta branch, and beta blockers only block beta. This mean you'll still have vasoconstriction from the alpha branch and beta blockers would block beta, causing significant tissue and heart damage. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks to the advice of this forum (aka nada..), i safely dosed 25mg metoprolol on an amphetamine comedown and it worked wonderers.
Stay safe everyone!

I have the same heartrate on 55 mg of adderall. I dont notice it i just exercise more after i started feeling a little weak

Theoretically a beta blocker could cause extremely high blood pressure for the reasons you mentioned above ie unopposed alpha. In practice this is rare if it even does happen. 100 heart rate is not dangerous in itself so from a safety POV it may be best to ride it out with a benzo but 25 mg toprol is low risk. Just to make sure I looked at drug interactions checker.

Yea my heart rates 100 but i keep my bp in the 118/78 range and right now i took my adderall so iim ay the gym before it comes on to get my hr up