• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos before job interview

Phyzi

Greenlighter
Hi everybody, so i have a job interview this week and considering my last one that was actually really awful, i want to take some benzos to reduce the anxiety and the stress.
so what can work best for this situation? what will remove the anxiety and the stress but will not make me feel stoned?
im taking SSRI (Cipralex) if its matter.

Thanks in advance!

Valium

Or any benzo that has a longer half-life. As opposed to something like alprazolam (Xanax), which comes on quick and hits you like a brick ;)

You want smooth, controlled action (for your job-interview pleasure...)

Clonazepam, etizolam, or pyrazolam would be my choice. They don't make you too tired and foggy headed like diazepam does.

Personally I prefer stims for interviews though.

Last edited:
I hate benzos for job interviews or any other situation where I have to perform publicly, like say public speaking. They just fog me up and I'm not sharp.

I go in sober, or if you have access to pramipexole, I find that med makes me confident and social. However it can be tricky to obtain and you can't take it before the interview because it will likely make you sleepy. Take it daily for about a minimum of 3 days before the interview.

It will boost your mood and make you social and confident.

I think a low dose of ativan might be a good choice. That works quickly for me and gave me practically no cognitive impairment or sleepiness/nodding.

Whatever you decide to do, do a trial run first. IE, if you're gonna take 5mg of valium, take that a few days before the interview so you know how your body will react.

Have you tried kratom? That'd be my choice. I know it's not a benzo but I found it increased my performance at work very much, and it gives me confidence, so I'd think it'd be great for an interview.

A small dose of Gabapentin is my go to over Benzo's. Gabapentin makes me calm, but very talkative, with the confidence I get with alcohol but without the nasty effects alcohol has (slurring,acting like a jackass ect.). 300mg is my sweet spot. I'm prescribed to take 1800mg a day. I rarely take them, but they are great for W/D's and anxiety issues or when you need a little bit more confidence and to be more talkative. It is not a euphoric drug by any means.

Dose carefully.

That's my only advice when it comes to benzodiazepines.

We can all tell you what benzo to take, but in the end you'll have to learn how to get through normal life situations without the help of drugs that's what I had to realize :/

OK thanks all for the answears. I think ill go on Diazepam. What the dosage i should take and how much time its take to start the effects and also for how long it lasts?

NO MORE than 10mg. More like 5mg.

10 if you have used them before or occasionally use them.

5 if you are a complete (or near-complete) novice.

peace :)

I never took this benzo before but im taking Brotizlolam from time to time. Is there a cross-tolerance between them?

Update: So i took 5mg one and half hour ago snd im not feeling any different.
The job interview is tommrow, Can i take later today 7.5mg to see if its will be better for me?

Just stick to .5 for your interview. You don't want to overdo it.. and it's NORMAL to feel anxious before and during an interview. Just remember to breathe, take a deep breath and really gather yourself before you speak. Don't forget to smile! :D And it's totally OK, for you to let your interviewer know that you are feeling a bit nervous. :)

GL!

Just stick to .5 for your interview. You don't want to overdo it.. and it's NORMAL to feel anxious before and during an interview. Just remember to breathe, take a deep breath and really gather yourself before you speak. Don't forget to smile! :D And it's totally OK, for you to let your interviewer know that you are feeling a bit nervous. :)

GL!

Exactly...job interviews make everybody nervous. As for the dose, if %mg isn't doing much, go to 10mg. BUT NO MORE. Last thing you want is to go in looking tired and dopey-eyed lol. Good luck mate.

peace :)

Allright thank you very much guys. I think ill just take 0.5mg or .75 according to how ill feel tommrow. Thanks again!

I never took this benzo before but im taking Brotizlolam from time to time. Is there a cross-tolerance between them?

Yes. Brotizolam is a Thienodiazepine - *very* closely related in terms of structure to benzodiazepines, it hits the same receptors and produces the same effects as benzodiazepines.

Also, Brotizolam is an extremely potent substance by benzodiazepine standards - 10 miligrams of Diazepam are approximately equivalent to just 0.25-0.5 miligrams of Brotizolam (yes, that means Brotizolam is stronger than Diazepam by a factor of 20 to 40).

Allright thank you very much guys. I think ill just take 0.5mg or .75 according to how ill feel tommrow. Thanks again!

.5 mg of Diazepam? Huh? Are you sure you don't mean 5? Because 0.5 mg of Diazepam is basically nothing.

Really, it would be very helpful if everyone in this thread actually mentioned which specific benzodiazepine they're talking about in their posts just so we're all on the same page. But if it's Diazepam then yes, I wouldn't take more than 10 miligrams. Especially if you had some the day before, since Diazepam has a very long half-life, and will accumulate in your body if you take it several days in a row.

Benzos definitely cost me 2 interview failures where i just might have succeeded otherwise. Feedback provided was that other candidates seemed to want the job more. Which makes sense. Benzos make you care too little and relax too much ime. First time i took 1mg of etiz, 2nd time 0.5mg. 3rd time no benzos (low dose stims and DHC instead :eek:) and i nailed that interview better than i had ever done in any interview before, I got offered the job about half an hour after I got home.

Although sometimes even if you give your best possible performance you're not gonna get the job, as others may tick more boxes than you, or the whole thing is just a timewasting formality and the company already has an internal candidate lined up. Fortunately I've only attended 1 interview where I got that impression very strongly. I should have been stronger, not let them sap my confidence, i should have said after a few minutes that 'I can see you're not interested atall, so if you'll excuse me I wont take up any more of your time. Thankyou for seeing me.' Another interview i attended had a tech test before hand which left me feeling completely intimidated and that the job was completely out of my league. As soon as the interview started I told them this and left. I got some bizzare feedback later for that interview, saying that I wasn't customer focused enough. 8o:|