• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos aren't cross-tolerant with Kratom, right?

Blismo

Greenlighter
(I asked this question on another forum recently, but it's been two days and I've only received one reply to my thread; was hoping to receive some more clarity by the people on here, instead)

I wanted to ask if lorazepam
is cross-tolerant with Kratom, as I like to take some of the former when going out with friends or when attending other forms of social events. I take around 1 - 1.5mg of lorazepam each week, sometimes I'll leave a week inbetween or when I think I can manage without it (family gatherings, shopping for clothes, etc ...). I'm on a one month T break from Kratom to lower my tolerance a little, but while on K, my intake never exceeds a 2 days a week schedule where I take doses never higher than 8.5g of any strain (usually in one go, I don't spread it out throughout the whole day). Will taking lorazepam interfere with my kratom tolerance? I think it shouldn't, but wanted to ask people way more knowledgable than me about this topic to be safe

I dont think so, but the only way to find out is to try it.

I know for sure opiates will interfere with kratom tolerance

It shouldn't. Benzos and kratom work on two completely different receptor systems.

What? LOL I take it that is just a way of emphatically agreeing that they aren't cross tolerant :)

Opioids and kratom (for all practical purposes kratom is an opioid) are definitely cross tolerant, but that's an entirely different situation than kratom and benzos.

Its weird though, because I was on kratom for almost a year, then threw out my back and had to go on codeine (tylenol 4's) for a few weeks and I was tripping balls.

But I had changed geographical locations (from Toronto to Vancouver), so I dont know if that had something to do with that?? I did a thread on that once btw, but it was locked by a mod :(

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...o-Lower-Drug-Tolerance?highlight=geographical

(I asked this question on another forum recently, but it's been two days and I've only received one reply to my thread; was hoping to receive some more clarity by the people on here, instead)

I wanted to ask if lorazepam
is cross-tolerant with Kratom, as I like to take some of the former when going out with friends or when attending other forms of social events. I take around 1 - 1.5mg of lorazepam each week, sometimes I'll leave a week inbetween or when I think I can manage without it (family gatherings, shopping for clothes, etc ...). I'm on a one month T break from Kratom to lower my tolerance a little, but while on K, my intake never exceeds a 2 days a week schedule where I take doses never higher than 8.5g of any strain (usually in one go, I don't spread it out throughout the whole day). Will taking lorazepam interfere with my kratom tolerance? I think it shouldn't, but wanted to ask people way more knowledgable than me about this topic to be safe

I think there is a chance of respiratory depression dependeding on the dose. I wouldn't combine the two and and then I would save each drug for each seperate day.