• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos and serotonin syndrome

Conky

Bluelighter
Is it even possible to develop SS when one is on 30+mg etizolam? My psychiatrist now wants to reduce my trazodone from 250mg to 100mg because an ER doc told him last friday they thought it was SS when I was there. It's really grinding my gears because a couple people including a nurse told me my muscles were very rigid and it looked like it was actually dystonia. Which would be the joys of 1st gen antipsychotic I'm taking. That plus I've been on 200mg trazodone for the better part of 4 years and never had anything close to SS. Why would I just develop SS randomly after so long.

Last edited:
Weird... I doubt there is much research on such a high dose. I think I've read that etizolam can show similar brain activity as tricyclics.

Maybe there was something else in those presses? Or maybe you took something while blacked out?

Weird... I doubt there is much research on such a high dose. I think I've read that etizolam can show similar brain activity as tricyclics.

Maybe there was something else in those presses? Or maybe you took something while blacked out?
Admittedly I had meth in the house during the blackout but I would have noticed any significant weight difference after I came to on Saturday.

This is what I was displaying after arrived in ER, I don't know if SS can cause the muscles to contract like that

I also have no idea why they gave me clonazepam care package while I was having trouble walking lol

EgCnuVr.png

Last edited:
My psychiatrist has told me in the past that I know too much about meds, so I'll have to be careful what I say when we meet to discuss the trazodone. I'm trusting him less and less now because he seems to be the type that thinks antipsychotics can't cause withdrawal.